Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well the secret project is supposedly Diablo related. Why would they not want the focus on their 25 year anniversary or the 20th of a successful franchise?
    Just saying big annoucements brings excitement and a big show.
    If they turn Blizzcon into a big history lecture about the game development is going to put people to sleep.

I very much hope Blizz have something up their sleeves to rock everyones world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Just saying big annoucements brings excitement and a big show.
    If they turn Blizzcon into a big history lecture about the game development is going to put people to sleep.
    No worries there will be something BIG about Diablo
    Blizzard has more then one game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is even going to come up at blizzcon.

They worked with that group just to show commitment/interest to us the players, to make everyone happy about it. And it'll just sit there to die on a shelf, it won't happen and id be surprised if they even mention it at blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I don't think this is even going to come up at blizzcon.
    Yeah...tha's my initial thought.
    But my wishful thinking is having the best of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Not sure if that's true. Yes they did use the opensource core, but they did 4 years of development on it, and that's not *just* tuning, databases and scripts. They reworked a lot of the code, and implemented stuff like Blizzard watch anti-cheat
    Yes, every private server has similar claims.

Also, they didn't take money for it, they took monthly donations that capped at a monthly maximum (what they needed to pay for server costs, many times putting in their own money to keep it running), or some limited time & limited cost ones to help pay for new hardware
    Nostalrius was already taking donations via secret links distributed on their forums before they publicly solicited money. You have only their word on what it was spent on, it's not as though they provided you with receipts.

The merchandise they sold also had the profits directed to the Make a Wish Foundation
    Again, according to nothing other than their own word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Yes, every private server has similar claims.

Nostalrius was already taking donations via secret links distributed on their forums before they publicly solicited money. You have only their word on what it was spent on, it's not as though they provided you with receipts.

I just find it amusing that quite a lot of people who defend Nostalrius and support Vanilla servers are quick to take up on the Nostalrius' team word like it's gospel, but those same people practically never believe what Blizzard tells us, if it doesn't align with their requests.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-10-23 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Very secret, much wow, many sense.
    Secret donations? Seriously?
    How would the public have access to "secret" donations? That's so funny
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-23 at 07:19 PM.

Very secret, much wow, many sense.
    Secret donations? Seriously?
    How would the public have access to "secret" donations? That's so funny it made my day
    It was a non-advertised link to their Paypal that was spread around via the forums to people who posted interested in donating, before they began openly soliciting donations there in March 2015. People who wanted to donate money were given the link and instructions not to distribute it. Additionally, Nostalrius claimed the donation link would only work for a "limited time", although they took donations for almost a year.

Deleted
    It was a non-advertised link to their Paypal that was spread around via the forums to people who posted interested in donating, before they began openly soliciting donations there in March 2015. People who wanted to donate money were given the link and instructions not to distribute it. Additionally, Nostalrius claimed the donation link would only work for a "limited time", although they took donations for almost a year.
    Where did you hear this claims?
    Secret society of Nostalrius donators seems like a long shot.

The main reason why they didnt get sued for money is because they took no money and had zero profit. They only took 300 dollars a month in donations to pay for the server. It had a limit.
    I could believe they took donations if for some reason some rich guy kept harassing them to give donations though.

If this is true i dont believe they made that much money with this suposed "secret society of rich donators".
    If it is true.

Deleted
    People who wants official legacy servers are just the WORST...I want WoW 2 or Diablo MMO or something new...but then we have these backpedaling lunatics that want to prevent progress...

I hope they do dare put up server again just so Blizzard can sue them so we can all laugh how stupid they are for getting in trouble with the law over a computer game, an OLD computer game at that...

It's alright to me if u go play on those priv servers, just don't bitch that Blizzard shoudl cater to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    People who wants official legacy servers are just the WORST...I want WoW 2 or Diablo MMO or something new...but then we have these backpedaling lunatics that want to prevent progress...

I hope they do dare put up server again just so Blizzard can sue them so we can all laugh how stupid they are for getting in trouble with the law over a computer game, an OLD computer game at that...

It's alright to me if u go play on those priv servers, just don't bitch that Blizzard shoudl cater to you...
    Why? What is wrong with people who have an interest in an older version of the game that more than likely would not deter from the main game? Progress can still be made by introducing these servers. Also another new MMO from them is very unlikely as they have said before they don't want to as they already have enough work to do with WoW. Also insulting people because you have a different opinion to them is hardly mature. Runescape has these servers and I still see loads of content getting developed for the main game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 08:21 PM.

God forbid people prefer different things. Your hypocrisy is summed up in your final statement. You're bitching Blizzard should cater to you...

Yes, making legacy servers will mean every dev team at Blizzard stops what they are working on because nothing else is allowed to be worked on. Legacy servers will mean no new games or expansions ever again. All those billions of dollars will go into legacy servers, hundreds of developers have to drop their projects to work on legacy servers.

You people make it sound like it will be harder, take longer, and cost more to create legacy servers than it did to create the original game in the first place.

What proof do YOU have? I certainly am more inclined to believe THEY know what THEY are doing, more than a random someone does

What proof do YOU have? I certainly am more inclined to believe THEY know what THEY are doing, more than a random someone does
    Because THEY tend to gain more support by making themselves look like saints than by making themselves look like criminals who steal intellectual property of others for their own benefit.

The main reason why they didnt get sued for money
    Factually and laughably incorrect, and impossible for you to prove in any fashion, unless you have access to the records in the law offices of the company Blizzard hired to serve the cease and desist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because THEY tend to gain more support by making themselves look like saints than by making themselves look like criminals who steal intellectual property of others for their own benefit.
    "Their own benefit" as in work for years reverse-engeniering and programing the game and paying from their own pockets to maintain the servers.
    Without any profit.

Oh right i forgot the "secret society of donators" and 200 T-shirts they sold for the make a wish foundation.
    Oh right the money of the 200 T-shirts went for their pockets, they are lying for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Factually and laughably incorrect, and impossible for you to prove in any fashion, unless you have access to the records in the law offices of the company Blizzard hired to serve the cease and desist.
    Well, they sued the server company for 80 million because they made millions of dollars.
    At least that was the main argument.
    I have read so much stuff and watched videos that everything is blend together. There was an article talking about the details

edit: sorry i confused the Nostalrius case with this case:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...rver_Owner.php

Disregard everything i said
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-23 at 08:50 PM.

In the end I suppose it comes down to priorities. Let's imagine every painting of Mona Lisa in the world burned. Is it moral to paint copies to preserve that piece of art for the future? It doesn't really belong to us though. What's more important, the survival of art, or copyright? (Before you say it, no I'm not saying it's a direct comparison, it's just a thought exercize)
    A pointless "thought exercise" I have no intentions of indulging you with.

It doesn't belong to you = it doesn't belong to you. Anything past that is mental masturbation.

"Their own benefit" as in work for years reverse-engeniering and programing the game and paying from their own pockets to maintain the servers.
    Without any profit.

Oh right i forgot the "secret society of donators" and 200 T-shirts they sold for the make a wish foundation.
    Oh right the money of the 200 T-shirts went for their pockets, they are lying for sure.

Well, they sued the server company for 80 million because they made millions of dollars.
    At least that was the main argument.
    I have read so much stuff and watched videos that everything is blend together. There was an article talking about the details
    Clearly saying why they asked for 80 million...i wish i could find it again.

edit: sorry i confused the Nostalrius case with this case:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...rver_Owner.php

Disregard everything i said
    Because most lawsuits sue for a incredibly large amount of money. The judge usually ends up deciding how much and its rarely if ever the amount asked for.

Without any profit.
    So they claim.

Unless they prove that claims to us, I'll remain skeptical.