Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Reputation rewards as something you feel pressured to get are something blizzard wanted to get rid of, making them far more optional.
    They have taken many steps backwards in my opinion.
    The nightfallen reputation requirements in content gating and pathfinder can be argued to not be an issue due to the need to only do once, but that is not the case for crafting patterns.
    The flaw in this thinking is that feeling pressures to participate in content is a matter that should.be corrected by game design. Even if you accept that it clearly doesnt apply across the board. The rewards for raiding are too good, i often frel pressured into raiding normal. Remve yhe rewards from raiding?

I just don't get what their logic is when they assign certain ilvls to certain reputations. Are they not thinking about how long it is going to take to get to that reputation and how useless the gear will be because we have had so many opportunities to get something better? Exalted should have some decent rewards that are actually meaningful.

I am exalted with one faction and revered with the rest and Kara is about to come out in two days completely blowing any rewards off the vendors out of the water. It just seems like a waste to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The flaw in this thinking is that feeling pressures to participate in content is a matter that should.be corrected by game design. Even if you accept that it clearly doesnt apply across the board. The rewards for raiding are too good, i often frel pressured into raiding normal. Remve yhe rewards from raiding?
    Reputation rewards were good enough to be competitive with, if not arguably necessary for other content.
    Reputations are not progressed by skill, but through repetition only.

Reputations should be something that due to the nature of how they are progressed should remain optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exalted rewards have been shit since WoD. MoP ones awarded good things like mounts and 489 gear which helped at the time if you were missing that certain piece.
    Which is funny because back then I remember people bitching about the reputations(Not about the gating though) cause they offered pretty good gear and thus feel forced to do the dailies and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which is funny because back then I remember people bitching about the reputations(Not about the gating though) cause they offered pretty good gear and thus feel forced to do the dailies and such.
    I never felt forced. I worked on them casually and still got to raid Normal and Heroic.

It's still a better alternative than offering complete crap.

And people bitched about the amount of dailies we had to do and gating reps behind other reps. They weren't bitching about how you could actually get decent gear from them.

I don't get those who say Legion reps don't require any effort. I mean which reps needed in the past then (Except Insane, being a huge exception)? Concept is the same since forever: you do some quests, you get some rep. If it's no effort today, then it never has been. Simple Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It's still a better alternative than offering complete crap.

And people bitched about the amount of dailies we had to do and gating reps behind other reps. They weren't bitching about how you could actually get decent gear from them.
    Oh they were, they complained feeling forced to do the dailies, they didn't mention anything about the gating. That was a separate complaint.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I don't get those who say Legion reps don't require any effort. I mean which reps needed in the past then (Except Insane, being a huge exception)? Concept is the same since forever: you do some quests, you get some rep. If it's no effort today, then it never has been. Simple Oo
    Clearly you have never done some of the original Vanilla and TBC rep grinds.

If the devs put anything useful on the vendors then the cries would shift from "it takes no effort to get to exalted" to why they are "gating rewards" again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. didn't look at rewards i just assumed it would be something worth while so got my first legion one to exalted, went over to claim my reward and it turned out to be recipies that i couldn't even use..so looked at all the other rep vendors and they all just had recipes too QQ Like it's not even a good recipe..just to use slightly less mats on a crafting that is outdated content already :S

Oh they were, they complained feeling forced to do the dailies, they didn't mention anything about the gating. That was a separate complaint.
    Like I said it was more about the amount of dailies and not the gear that was rewarded. Making the gear useless doesn't solve the problem in anyway.

It was a problem in mop's first tier, and exactly because you needed to do Golden Lotus for weeks just to access the other reps. I don't remember meaningful complains from before, or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Useful rewards - players complain they are mandatory.
    Mediocre rewards - players complain they are not worth.

I would say the problem is in players, not rewards.
    I would say the problem is in developers, trying to cater to wrong whiners, instead of catering to right ones. Me, for example!

But if serious, yes, lack of rewards at exalted is soooooo stupid.

Blizzard please, next time do this:

faction 1, exalted: gives 1 pet and a ring with haste and crit.
    faction 2, exalted: gives 1 mount
    faction 3, exalted: gives 1 toy and a trinket which once per minute transforms character into a member of that faction, increasing his main attribute for 15 sec.
    faction 4, exalted: gives full set of cosmetic transmog, which looks like the armor which this faction members use.
    faction 5, exalted: gives tabard which teleports character to that faction quartermaster, and illuson for weapon enchant.

Diversity is the flow of live.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Reputation rewards were good enough to be competitive with, if not arguably necessary for other content.
    Reputations are not progressed by skill, but through repetition only.

Reputations should be something that due to the nature of how they are progressed should remain optional.
    Whats meant by the term "optional" is really garbage otherwise it would be forced. They were never necessary for other content but lets say they were? So what? I run mythic+ with a regular group of friends. Should i feel pressured to chase gear in normal and heroic raids? Oh its to good to ignore its arguably necessary. We should gut that content of its reward. Its an awful principle i agree but at least then it wod be consistent.

Fact is its ALL OPTIONAL. Attemmpting to engineer reward schemes around perceveived social pressures just screws over one group of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly fine with how reputations are at the moment. The rep grind to exalted is very boring in Legion (in my opinion), and I think it's best the rewards are underwhelming gear-wise as well. 850 ilvl is good enough. I have been using the chest you get from Highmountain Exalted for some time now, and it's fine.

Could have had some fun toy or mount as exalted reward, though.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    some mounts would have been good, when i started questing in highmountain, i was really expecting there to be a moose mount from that faction
    There's a moose pet.. A moose from archaeology and Leatherworking.. Not reputation based but they're in the game.

Deleted
    The fact is nobody is forced to do anything but rather peer.pressure compels them to do it. It is DISASTROUS to design around this as they discovered in wod.
    ..and in Wrath. It was just the same peer-pressure compelling people. But in wrath it was compelling people who were not used to playing competitively. Raiders expect it and act accordingly. Social guilds fall apart because they can't handle the atmosphere created by competitive grinds.

I think you over estimate the people who.just run world content and subsequently would not get a greater reward especially given the amount of time it takes to hit.exalted and the ease of which one can run dungeons and lfr. 850 is a joke. Im not evem exalted with a single one and im at 854.
    That's awfully nice for you Mr Anecdotal Evidence. Grats. But no, even with "ease" of running dungeons and lfr, people don't run them. So 850 is just fine. It's +10 ilvls above the base reward from world quests.

Players who feeel pressured into chasing loot by peer expectations (perceived or otherwise) are also not casual.
    Most players in this game will feel "pressured" into chasing loot as loot/power gains are fundamental part of this game, unfortunately. They do it either by peer expectations - or submit to it by their own will. Yes, it's about self-control but the game is built to give you that one more fix and by default those who play MMOs are conditioned to it. Remove those players and WoW is a ghost town. I quit in Wrath because I was not willing to do submit to the pressure and I was not willing to deal with the results of it on guild chat. And I do not want to experience the "points to loot"-gameplay, ever again, I'll take the random wheel of fortune anytime. Loot is not super important to me on the level/pace I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It was a problem in mop's first tier, and exactly because you needed to do Golden Lotus for weeks just to access the other reps. I don't remember meaningful complains from before, or later.
    What people forget about this period of time is that the devs had the wonderous incite to also remove the option of dungeon grinding with a tabard. The complaints were less about forced grinding, tthose can and should be ignored. What really sucked was that the tabard was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Clearly you have never done some of the original Vanilla and TBC rep grinds.
    TBC reps? You mean the cradle of the blue exclamation mark daily quests? What was the effort in them? You went out, did quests, got rep.
    Vanilla reps: you realize that World of Warcraft is twelve years old, and the good old days of vanilla is basically a blink now? Not to mention how I specifically mentioned Insane being a huge exception, but it also didn't give any rewards? The argument was: legion reps don't need effort, so it's fine that they don't have rewards.