Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Swapping to Arms

Hey all, swapping to arms so I can find a decent guild to run with. Does Hamstring still pop FR?

The grass is not greener on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Trust me, I'd much rather be playing fury but every guild is hanging from the nuts of arms atm

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2887 View Post
    Hey all, swapping to arms so I can find a decent guild to run with. Does Hamstring still pop FR?
    What? Does Hamstring pop FR?

I'm just going to assume you mean Tactician and Anger Management. No, to Tactician. Yes, to Anger Management. No abilities used during Deadly Calm affects AM. And you'd never ever use Hamstring outside of that. And even then, barely worth it now since if you spend even 1 Hamstring outside of DC you already lost way more than you gained from that little puny extra damage. After 7.1 hits you'd never use Hamstring as it is then on GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    What? Does Hamstring pop FR?

I'm just going to assume you mean Tactician and Anger Management. No, to Tactician. Yes, to Anger Management. No abilities used during Deadly Calm affects AM. And you'd never ever use Hamstring outside of that. And even then, barely worth it now since if you spend even 1 Hamstring outside of DC you already lost way more than you gained from that little puny extra damage. After 7.1 hits you'd never use Hamstring as it is then on GCD.
    Thanks, yeah was typing that right before I got in an instance so was typing quick. Meant Tactician. So might as well take Hamstring off completely than

Deleted
    Its still a little bit of free damage inside of BC. Most people use a macro with FR and hamstring within BC still, but you could just not bother and not notice any significant change in damage.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Its still a little bit of free damage inside of BC. Most people use a macro with FR and hamstring within BC still, but you could just not bother and not notice any significant change in damage.
    Hamstring, if used perfectly, is still far below 1% of your total damage. If you fuck it up even once you've almost lost all the DPS you gained. Not worth it imo. Plus, in two days time it's on the GCD anyway, so you can't use it even if you wanted to.

Deleted
    why you need to swap to arms? i play as fury and do 370k on ursoc mythic and dont even have high haste or the legendaries, dont waste your time with guilds that bring the class and not the player

Quote Originally Posted by sodasdfglkjh View Post
    why you need to swap to arms? i play as fury and do 370k on ursoc mythic and dont even have high haste or the legendaries, dont waste your time with guilds that bring the class and not the player
    can you post your logs please? i am 863, with sephuz ( useless, tho it provides lots of crit+haste) and with 25% crit 25% haste and 30% mastery base stats and cannot surpass 300k no matter what (best try at 18% lol i even got demoted because of low dps), so i would like to watch your rotation and current gear to understand how can a fury do so much dmg on a single target fight with constant movement.
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    360*
    warcraftlogs . com/reports/FfktQnZP6XB27YLb#fight=28&type=damage-done&source=24

7+ Year Old Account
    360*
    Did the same dmg but with sh1t trinkets, like you said.
    dont waste your time with guilds that bring the class and not the player

Hamstring doesn't reset CS anymore, you gain a very limited amount of damage by using it inside Battle Cry.
    Neither Warrior specs are performing highly atm but arms is the better one at least until 7.1 hits.
    That said, Arms is completely ST spec and you cannot even think about cleaving anything at all except Bladestorm on 6+ targets which doesn't happen much in EN. Fury is the way to go for Mythic + and it's competitive on Nightmare Dragons and very likely a number of encounters in future raids.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

360*
    I love how you were blown out of the water by a 40% spriest(No offense here). #FeelsBadMan

360*
    So lets see here...

You have higher ilvl than mostly all the DPS in your raid...

You had a vantus rune....

You lost to spriest/mage/ret doing way less damage than their classes are capable of with the ilvl they have (rogue actually did well for his ilvl) while you had higher % than them..

Your kill was very close to enrage. And if you ended up wiping to enrage, u know who I would blame? Not the bad players doing less damage than they should because if your guild is only just now killing M ursoc then surely u have plenty of those and that problem isn't going away anytime soon.

I would blame the person playing the inferior spec because they feel like it. Aka YOU.

Trying to use your shit ass log as an example of how people should "bring the player not the class" and thinking that it proves that "fury is fine" is just laughable.

An Arms warrior with 10 less ilvls than you would have easily done more damage than everyone in your raid with just decent RNG on resets, wouldnt even have to be amazing.

Stop infesting these forums with your dumb bullshit.

Nice new account ayy lmaooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2016-10-24 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    So lets see here...

You lost to spriest/mage/ret doing way less damage than their classes are capable of with the ilvl they have (rogue actually did well for his ilvl) while you had higher % than them..

Your kill was very close to enrage. And if you ended up wiping to enrage, u know who I would blame? Not the bad players doing less damage than they should because if your guild is only just now killing M ursoc then surely u have plenty of those and that problem isn't going away anytime soon.

I would blame the person playing the inferior spec because they feel like it. Aka YOU.

Trying to use your shit ass log as an example of how people should "bring the player not the class" and thinking that it proves that "fury is fine" is just laughable.

An Arms warrior with 10 less ilvls than you would have easily done more damage than everyone in your raid with just decent RNG on resets, wouldnt even have to be amazing.

I've seen verbal destruction on these forums before but you fucking bodied this kid....god they need an upvote system on mmo.

Made by dubbelbasse

So lets see here...

lmao, /thread

Deleted
    So lets see here...

First of all ilvl doesnt matter, even hatzikostas said that, your post shows you are on of the players that look only on ilvl, i am sure you are on of the players who are spaming on lfg be 880+ for mythic key 2. I have talked to many of my guildies and they can go up to 870 if they want but they prefer low ilvl and right stats.
    I have only 25% haste, I wish I had 30% and 660ilvl I could do by far more damage.

Second we all have vantus rune so your argument is invalid, sorry.

Rogue has the legendary that does 40% more damage on targets bellow 30% so again you are just spaming things that arent right, check better the logs please.

And why The heck are you comparing dps? 360k is 360k. If i had 200k and i was first it could have been better? Or if i had 500k and was last it could been worse? Jesus.

Again as i said i have none of the must legendaries, if i had helmet legendary i could do a lot of more like arms can do with his hands legendary. Show me log with arms that have less than 50% mastery and 0 legendaries with more than 400k damage on ursoc mythic.

And dont forget we talking about ursoc, a single target dps check, fury can do a lot more on Xavius or Il'gynoth or Dragons.

new acount is because i am back to game after 7 years, so ye thanks for the welcome.

anyway.. i m not saying that fury>arms.
    Are arms better than fury when they both have the right stats and the must legendaries? Yes they are, but you absolutely can play fury as main spec while doing a good amount of damage especialy on boss with many adds.
    Last edited by mmoc722cb23bbc; 2016-10-24 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Im arms - always Been - and I'm thinking about fury. Arms are very RNG!
    If you are good at fury and enjoy it, then don't swap just for the performance. Fury are better for m+ anyway, because of the heavy cleave.
    As arms if you are unlucky you end up doing almost no dps because of no procs.

Deleted
    Well joe2887, let us know how it turns out. Hope it works out good for you.

I've been trying and failing to switch to arms for days now.

First of all ilvl doesnt matter, even hatzikostas said that, your post shows you are on of the players that look only on ilvl, i am sure you are on of the players who are spaming on lfg be 880+ for mythic key 2. I have talked to many of my guildies and they can go up to 870 if they want but they prefer low ilvl and right stats.
    I have only 25% haste, I wish I had 30% and 660ilvl I could do by far more damage.

Second we all have vantus rune so your argument is invalid, sorry.

Rogue has the legendary that does 40% more damage on targets bellow 30% so again you are just spaming things that arent right, check better the logs please.

And why The heck are you comparing dps? 360k is 360k. If i had 200k and i was first it could have been better? Or if i had 500k and was last it could been worse? Jesus.

Again as i said i have none of the must legendaries, if i had helmet legendary i could do a lot of more like arms can do with his hands legendary. Show me log with arms that have less than 50% mastery and 0 legendaries with more than 400k damage on ursoc mythic.

And dont forget we talking about ursoc, a single target dps check, fury can do a lot more on Xavius or Il'gynoth or Dragons.

new acount is because i am back to game after 7 years, so ye thanks for the welcome.

anyway.. i m not saying that fury>arms.
    Are arms better than fury when they both have the right stats and the must legendaries? Yes they are, but you absolutely can play fury as main spec while doing a good amount of damage especialy on boss with many adds.

lol ok relax dude i'm sure you'll be fine playing fury in 7.1

i might even play a bit of fury for fun and see how it goes once i get more haste gear