Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    If your competing for a raid spot because of people with two legendaries your in a shit guild and should look elsewhere anyway. If any officers in my guild even suggested I exclude someone because they don't have a legendary I would kick them asap. There are plenty of people who have legendaries and perform like shit because they can't play their class. Having legendaries doesn't make you a good player.
    It happens anyway even if you don't agree. And don't be a hypocrite, you would take a new recruit with the better gear over the other guy any day of the week unless the other guy has something very special to offer or the recruit with the better gear is really an extremely lucky dumbass or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackphantom21 View Post
    How did a post that essentially reads "Life isn't fair so I guess I'll quit the game I like" get 22 pages of discussion?

Blizzard has added a lot of great Diablo-inspired gameplay to WoW, but it seems that so many people will not be happy until legendary items drop like they do in D3.

"Legendary/Set pieces for every slot of gear with perfect synergy and BiS stats...all after a handful of days play time."

Play more, get better, stop complaining. I promise the gear will show up if you put in the time.
    It's just plain stupid to let such powerful items drop from such easy and accessible content. Unless the drop chance is like 100% and everyone has it but then it becomes pointless and boring. It's a dilemma they have been running circles around for a very long time. It really boggles me Blizzard still makes such dumb mistakes with a 12 year old game they 'polished' so well.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    i like to compete with rankings, i dont think im great, dont get that great rankings currently, i just like to compete its what i enjoy

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have been lucky enough to drop the helm? (+10 rage on enrage)

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have x2 legendaries equipped?

The part of the game i enjoy the most, the competing for ranks has been unbalanced by rng.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

Anyone else feeling the same?
    13 days played at 110?

That is nothing compared to some friends who have tried farming Heroics/Mythics/Raid for legendaries, nothing.

As for logs, I got a rank 1 (for my bracket) without Legendary; sure, legendaries are common amongst the 'all stars' of raid logs right now but you certainly don't need one to hit 80% or 90% percentiles.

To be fair, it sounds like WoW is not your game and you'd be happier playing something else.

edit: honestly, i'm being sincere -if the RNG burns you down, then get out. RNG is part of the charm.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

No, the game have allways been about grinding and RNG, i don't get you guys crying over this when it has been like this for so many years, legendaries are just as common as BiS epics was before, nothing have changed, NOTHING! you cry over nothing...

Have fun when Blizzard decides to increase the chance on getting one (to some ridiculous number, like 100%) after you have been grinding daily and didn't get one yet because people need to catch up. So much fun to waste hours of your time getting something in game just to make it useless or give it away to everyone making all your work feel meaningless.
    And before some hippie says that you shouldn't care about what others get... It's an MMO, you play with many other people and the goal is to make your character stronger to overcome challenges/kill bosses together. Ofcourse people care.

Deleted
    Don't grind then.The loot will come eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    13 days played at 110?

That is nothing compared to some friends who have tried farming Heroics/Mythics/Raid for legendaries, nothing.

As for logs, I got a rank 1 (for my bracket) without Legendary; sure, legendaries are common amongst the 'all stars' of raid logs right now but you certainly don't need one to hit 80% or 90% percentiles.

To be fair, it sounds like WoW is not your game and you'd be happier playing something else.

edit: honestly, i'm being sincere -if the RNG burns you down, then get out. RNG is part of the charm.
    Sure it's part of the game. It just depends on how hard it can fuck you over. Not getting an upgrade on your trinket for month, sure. Not getting a legendary after over 300 hours of playing while others got 3 for playing 150 hours, that's a big fuck you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    "It's an MMO, you play with many other people and the goal is to make your character stronger to overcome challenges/kill bosses together."

Yeah, makes sense. Just don't play the game. Oh wait, that's exactly what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    If you end up behind the pack you're pretty much out though. With legendaries being the best item you can get in the expantion, if you don't get one or even worse, you get a bad one then your character is pretty much just a waste of a raid spot.

If you get, say the neck you're actually better of deleting your character and making a new one as it'll take a silly amount of time to get a new, better one and you need thoes to stay competative.

What's crap is I can't effectively gear up my offspec without risking ending up with an offspec legendary. It's main spec loot specialization all day, every day even though I could get still get decent offspec upgrades from Mythics. Admittedly with all the loot homogenization in Legion it's mostly just trinkets, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you group up to defeat bosses and not to get high logs, be happy for other people if they get extra lucky and stop cryin like a baby
    That really is the type of attitude from someone that doesn't or no longer competes at a decent level. It IS fun to go for rankings especially during progression. Seeing your name as #1 in the world is fun, maybe not to everyone obviously but for you to take this condescending yet completely misguided attitude makes you look like a tit that thinks he knows what's best for everyone.

Maybe something does need changing or maybe it doesn't but its better to voice opinions from either side rather than to put them down.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-10-06 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the system and the curve balls it throws into a guild's raid hierarchies. The drama and tension is necessary for an exciting and lively guild environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    Legendaries ruin the game for me. My character will be, for the rest of the entire expansion, multiple legendaries behind other people's characters. It's possible my character's value and powerlvl will be behind for 2 years. There's nothing concrete I can do to catch up to these ppl other than throwing away my life with no guarantee. Why would I ever want to keep playing an expansion like that? Char progression and maxing the value of it was a big reason for me to play this game for so long and that has been tarnished by systems like this one. That simple.
    And how is this situation different from past expansions BIS trinkets?
    I was on a 10-man raid group in pandaria, we downed all raids in old normal (nowadays heroic) in time and then proceed to farm them, and always when we switched to the next raid half the team lacked their BIS trinkets, that i can tell you had a huge impact in the performance of all the classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    ^This.

Good players will outplay bad ones with legendaries any day of the week.
    Sure, but that is not how it is ,most times is good players vs slightly worse ones or just average players.
    A good player will do better than a bad one with legs, but not better than the 2 categories mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Legendaries should just be rare and drop in mythic or be created in there and not LFR. It should be something you work on with your guild and only 1-3 people get it. It's not perfect but at least it was fun and better than this whine fest.
    Yeah, sure, that would be a fine formula, but first you must somehow magically turn the 90-95% of the playerbase into raiders interested in progression.
    Have you noticed that 99% of the whining about legendaries comes only from raiders who might be benched for not having those legendaries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    What's crap is I can't effectively gear up my offspec without risking ending up with an offspec legendary. It's main spec loot specialization all day, every day even though I could get still get decent offspec upgrades from Mythics. Admittedly with all the loot homogenization in Legion it's mostly just trinkets, but still.
    Yep, this is a real issue.

No doubt the legendaries are the big carrot on the stick, not the titanforged possibility from WQs and heroics

Deleted

If that isn't QQ, I don't know what is.

If you were going to quit unless you had a legendary within the first 2 weeks, you were 98% likely to quite all along. So no news here moving on...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Thats not the point, the point is people are playing catchup to people who are playing less.
    If people are outperforming you because they have one piece of gear that is better than what you're wearing, you're just a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    If people are outperforming you because they have one piece of gear that is better than what you're wearing, you're just a bad player.
    The legendary helm not only a 33% upgrade, but it increases the rate at which I can get rampages out. The cape increases my damage by a flat 5%, the ring gives me random executes. All of these are SIGNIFICANT dps boosts. Even though I get 97-98 ranks, I'd have 99-100 if I had those pieces. THAT feels like shit.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    The legendary helm not only a 33% upgrade, but it increases the rate at which I can get rampages out. The cape increases my damage by a flat 5%, the ring gives me random executes. All of these are SIGNIFICANT dps boosts. Even though I get 97-98 ranks, I'd have 99-100 if I had those pieces. THAT feels like shit.
    If you feel shit because you don't have an orange item, I seriously suggest you put down the mouse and keyboard and take some time out.

I haven't got one, still put up good rankings. If you're chasing number one, then why are you on mmo-champion right now instead of farming? /s

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    A legendary is not gonna turn you into a rockstar dps rocket, you even said you're bad on rankings so a legendary wouldn't even do much, ontop of that you're fury. It's like going frost during progression and complaining it's low dps compared to other mages with legendaries.
    I don't know about fury, but getting the unholy death knight bracers will 100% take someone from being in the 60-70% to being 90% min on every fight. While i don't care that much about legendaries, i do 100% think they should either tone it down or make them a little easier to get. I.E. for the bracers. I was 860 at the time. I had the legendary belt (30% chance to gain a rune when you use festering strike) i was 5th or 6th dps on most bosses. A death knight pug came into our heroic EN run and was no less than top 3 dps on EVERY fight. Now the kicker is the dude was 840 itemlevel with the bracers. I don't care what you wanna believe, or what you wanna hold onto without listening to logic. The fact that this person HAS the bracers and was well ahead of someone 20ilevels over him is a problem.

If you feel shit because you don't have an orange item, I seriously suggest you put down the mouse and keyboard and take some time out.

I haven't got one, still put up good rankings. If you're chasing number one, then why are you on mmo-champion right now instead of farming? /s
    I have 7 110s. I put a lot of time into this game, I have a high skill level, and I'm a fantastic fury warrior. I'd like that to be reflected outside of bad RNG matched with even worse RNG where only 2-3 legendaries are meaningful out of 8.

Legendaries are a shit system that only help casuals like you.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the legendaries, but what you're saying is definitely not true for some pieces.

The sub shoes, for example, make such a huge difference for rogues that once you get them sub almost becomes the best spec by default.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea