Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just stick to heroic and be a pugger like me . I only shoot for heroic clear which is pretty easy. I am in a guild with 2 persons active and one of the two is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    You should sell yourself with what you are able to do, not something you have already done.

Show some logs, show what you can bring to the table not some achievement that you can get from just queuing to the right group.
    this. make logs, show them you can pull your weight and if they are reasonable, they will atleast take you on a trial run next reset or smth, but dont expect insta-invite to mythic guild based on your word only with no proof for your performance, especially since AotC has started being sold the first reset after EN opened...

Guilds that ask for logs for heroic raiding are generally precisely the places you don't want to be. I usually reach out and talk to the person in game

Deleted
    Depends on his realm really. If he's on a realm like http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/connected-aerie-peak where even the top is ranked 1500+, then those guilds should NOT question his ability at all. Guilds asking him to be 860+ on such a realm would be a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Guilds that ask for logs for heroic raiding are generally precisely the places you don't want to be. I usually reach out and talk to the person in game
    wat

no seriously

wat

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    wat

no seriously

wat

People that try hard to be exclusive and pretend like they are mythic players are generally not enjoyable guilds to raid with in my experience

Pick something other than a supposedly top guild then.

Step 1: If you have to apply to something that isn't going to pay you a wage, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Step 1: If you have to apply to something that isn't going to pay you a wage, you're doing it wrong.
    Fuck people who want to commit time and dedicate themselves to a hobby, right? They're obviously wrong for finding enjoyment from something you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Just stick to heroic and be a pugger like me . I only shoot for heroic clear which is pretty easy. I am in a guild with 2 persons active and one of the two is me.
    A-Are you me? That's exactly me. Specially the guild thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They want people who log well and aren't retarded. They don't really care where you come from.

Get logs, do well, and you'll be given a chance in most guilds. They probably couldn't care less if you have AoTC or not.
    A 5th Rank guild on Server wants you to A. Be in the 4 Guilds above them B. Want you to be an Op spec and have a Secondary Op spec, C. Be of a higher ilvl then their lowest guy. Thats even before they even bother to look at Logs.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Pick something other than a supposedly top guild then.

That's okay, if an application is too much for a guild to ask of you then you probably don't want to take raiding nearly as seriously as they do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Basically people are assholes and want you to carry them or be at the same level so they don't have to waste time gearing you.

It sucks but hey there is next expansion.
    ...maybe don't apply to the top mythic guilds on the server then?

OP wants to be carried through Mythic and they won't let him.

I see no issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Fuck people who want to commit time and dedicate themselves to a hobby, right? They're obviously wrong for finding enjoyment from something you don't.
    It's true. Anyone who didn't fill out an application isn't raiding or enjoying the game at all.

And people say LFR is cancerous.

Is it me or did they ask a simple question and you seemed to have flipped out and came to post on these forums because of it. You might not be getting a guild because you overreact.

"Why did you get your heroic kill so late?"

"I pugged the majority of the boss kills, here are some logs of my performance so you can further evaluate my application"

Super hard to have the social skills of an ant eater.

People that try hard to be exclusive and pretend like they are mythic players are generally not enjoyable guilds to raid with in my experience
    How is asking for logs "trying hard to be exclusive and pretending they are mythic players"?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Getting aotc 1 month after release in one of the easiest raids ever made doesn't mean anything.
    Pretty much this.

So, asking for someone to be reasonable with their class is forbidden in heroics?

My guild is casual as hell but we still ask people to do 180k dps if they want to do heroics. The amount of people in 850 gear that can't hit that is mind blowing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    So, asking for someone to be reasonable with their class is forbidden in heroics?

My guild is casual as hell but we still ask people to do 180k dps if they want to do heroics. The amount of people in 850 gear that can't hit that is mind blowing.
    For a truly casual guild 180k is in fact ridiculous.

That's because even though AotC is a better movie than tPM it's still part of what many consider to be the "crappy prequel trilogy". My advice would be move on to the "Holy Trilogy" starting with aNH... though to be fair since you did slog through the first two I'd probably go ahead and watch RotS just to have a fuller understanding of the greater Star Wars universe. Though I'd probably skip tFA... it's over hyped.

Wait, what?! Ahead of the Curve? Dates generally don't mean anything. Just keep your head up and try again.