Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i still believe Ret was in a better place back in Wrath than now, but this is best Ret have been since Wrath in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    i still believe Ret was in a better place back in Wrath than now, but this is best Ret have been since Wrath in my opinion.
    In PvE Ret was doing quite well during 5.4 in SoO with MoP. 40% haste and off you went blowing up everything. WoD in HFC also did well due to Seraphim's burst(though no, it couldn't touch how insane Arcane Mage got to be).

I don't know much about PvP but it performed well in late Cata also. Don't know about MoP or WoD though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    In Wrath ret was a whack a mole mindless button mashing spec. You could literally bind every spell to the mousewheel and scroll your way to the top of the charts.

Did I miss something? Did I hop a time machine back to the end of beta? Is the sky falling again?

''REMOVED Sword of Light Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 5%''
    well guys we received a Nerf i guess ... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    The damage is there but the utility and fun factor are sorely missing.

If you look at all the cool stuff the other classes got, and then look at our pathetic spellbook, you just feel a constant, unending pull to switch mains. My DK has undead pets and a valkyr swarming the enemy, my warrior is just a visceral whirlwind of steel and gore, my new DH is just flying all over the battlefield like a pinball, and my ret gets...a 3 second mammal to ride in battle. Not to mention, the animation for Templars Verdict is basically an auto-attack. To quote Preach, "ret always feels like you're building up to something, but that something never comes."

The 7.1 Crusade and Blade of Wrath buffs aren't going to change shit. Why does everything have to be passive or REPLACE a button instead of ADDING to our existing rotation? FFS give us a reason to stay subbed Blizzard.
    Sounds like you should switch perhaps then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    In Wrath ret was a whack a mole mindless button mashing spec. You could literally bind every spell to the mousewheel and scroll your way to the top of the charts.
    No, it wasn't.
    And no, you couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zublits View Post
    Then reroll. It seems like you don't really like Ret, and that's OK. Every class won't be for everyone.

I like the solid simplicity of the rotation. I don't want 20 million buttons that are required to DPS. It actually has quite a bit of depth when you get into the nitty gritty of optimizing it. Ret also has a shit ton of defensive cool-downs. Nothing feels better than popping a bubble and standing in the bad doing max DPS while everyone else is running around trying to dodge mechanics.

I also like the martial feel of the class. I used to play a Blood DPS DK back in the day, and I liked how it was all about big strikes, not a bunch of phooey magic crap and pets. Unholy DK being the only viable DPS made me reroll to Ret. I'm glad I did.
    I still weep for Blood DPS. It was simple, but felt so brutally satisfying.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    I still weep for Blood DPS. It was simple, but felt so brutally satisfying.
    I still miss Frost tanking, so much fun, and now they have even gone and made made the DPS version DW only

- - - Updated - - -

In Wrath ret was a whack a mole mindless button mashing spec.
    There's no such thing as a whack a mole spec. You either have a rotation to do or a priority list to follow. Whacking whatever's lit up is a sure fire route to sub-par DPS on any spec (well, not sure if it would be noticeable for a Beastmaster).

I'm starting to warm up to the Paladin community - you guys are cool, unlike those Rogues who can't take a joke. And don't even get me started with DKs and their Discord channel.

Deleted
    I'm starting to warm up to the Paladin community - you guys are cool, unlike those Rogues who can't take a joke. And don't even get me started with DKs and their Discord channel.
    What do you expect from a community of edgelord classes? (No offense meant but you know what i mean, and yes ever since Robin Hood good rogues or thiefs are also edgelords. Demon hunter community isnt edgelord... YET... they still got their old ideals from the other classes in their heads. Just wait expansion or two).

Yeah ,we're the lovely peace-loving bunch we

Yes it was. And yes, there was. Especially in the early days of Wrath ret required minimal effort for huge payout. There was definitely a mousewheel macro that used random abilities off of CD as well and could be used for competitive numbers. The macro popped up either on one of the popular WoW sites at the time or on the official forums, I don't remember where exactly but I know for a fact that it existed. Feel free to not believe me, doesn't really matter since all that's in the past but it's the truth.

Yes it was. And yes, there was. Especially in the early days of Wrath ret required minimal effort for huge payout. There was definitely a mousewheel macro that used random abilities off of CD as well and could be used for competitive numbers. The macro popped up either on one of the popular WoW sites at the time or on the official forums, I don't remember where exactly but I know for a fact that it existed. Feel free to not believe me, doesn't really matter since all that's in the past but it's the truth.
    I remember that actually. The dps was not really competitive. Well, depends on your definition of competitive. It was about as competitive compared to someone playing perfectly as Divine Purpose is to Crusade. It was, in my eyes, guaranteed mediocrity. Still pretty impressive for a castrandom macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I remember that actually. The dps was not really competitive. Well, depends on your definition of competitive. It was about as competitive compared to someone playing perfectly as Divine Purpose is to Crusade. It was, in my eyes, guaranteed mediocrity. Still pretty impressive for a castrandom macro.
    Yeah I think that macro is what caused me to go holy lol. At the time I considered myself to be a pretty good retadin but I didn't want to play a spec that could be performed using a single macro. Was still fun, ret was great for soloing stuff like ZG back then. Especially before the sacred shield nerf.

No.
    It's not a matter of believeing or not.
    You're flat out lying.
    I was there and I know for a fact your suggested method of dps would only get you kicked for feth-awful numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    No.
    It's not a matter of believeing or not.
    You're flat out lying.
    I was there and I know for a fact your suggested method of dps would only get you kicked for feth-awful numbers.
    It was more of a gimmick than a method of DPS. All I stated was that it was possible and yes, it was competitive. Especially in the period of raiding when the macro was created (Naxx) where the already powerful ret spec was made even more so by increased damage against undead which Naxx was full of. But I don't really care if you believe me or not because like I said that's in the past now.

The damage is there but the utility and fun factor are sorely missing.

If you look at all the cool stuff the other classes got, and then look at our pathetic spellbook, you just feel a constant, unending pull to switch mains. My DK has undead pets and a valkyr swarming the enemy, my warrior is just a visceral whirlwind of steel and gore, my new DH is just flying all over the battlefield like a pinball, and my ret gets...a 3 second mammal to ride in battle. Not to mention, the animation for Templars Verdict is basically an auto-attack. To quote Preach, "ret always feels like you're building up to something, but that something never comes."

The 7.1 Crusade and Blade of Wrath buffs aren't going to change shit. Why does everything have to be passive or REPLACE a button instead of ADDING to our existing rotation? FFS give us a reason to stay subbed Blizzard.
    I know it's to each their own but for the first time in 10 years I actually find Ret fun to play

It was more of a gimmick than a method of DPS. All I stated was that it was possible and yes, it was competitive. Especially in the period of raiding when the macro was created (Naxx) where the already powerful ret spec was made even more so by increased damage against undead which Naxx was full of. But I don't really care if you believe me or not because like I said that's in the past now.
    Competitive against equally retarded castrandom spamming morons, sure as sure.
    You are so fething right.
    I would very much wish to see you compete against actually skilled players that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Competitive against equally retarded castrandom spamming morons, sure as sure.
    You are so fething right.
    I would very much wish to see you compete against actually skilled players that way.
    Tossing around insults now huh? Who ever said I used the macro anyway? I think you're thinking retribution was more complex than it really was. It was one of the best performing and simultaneously easy to play specs at the time. I definitely wasn't an outstanding player back then but it was easy to top the charts as ret. Don't know why you feel the need to so aggressively defend a spec that hasn't existed in that form for half a decade now but whatever, this shit isn't worth arguing over lol.