Thread: [Balance] Buff?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen- View Post
    ^ This exactly. I really don't mind a more difficult rotation (not that ours is mindblowing or anything either). But when I have to work three times as hard for less 100k DPS compared to their two button smash I get discouraged in dungeons to say the least.
    well the only downside of current expansion as boomie imo is our rotation, its so damn simple that its hard to "look good" on meters by doing great. previously there were a lot of micro management, which if done right = would excel you from other boomies who didn't do it as good.

currently you really have to play very bad, for not do rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still ways to shine. But personally I'd give my left arm if they'd remove empowerments, buff starsurge and starfall and reintroduce proper snapshotting.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    LOL. Did you not look at my armory on that post???.. lol I held multiple top 5 world ranks and at end of progression last tier was one of the top 6 Overall druid in the US..... I'm literly telling you the reason that Exorsus ran 0 moonkins. Method ran 0 Moonkins, Limit ran 1, Serenity ran 1 (But Nagura herself had said a week before she was gonna probably sit then she got helm) And many other guilds ran 0-1 at best while running 3-4 hunters 2+Spriests and even More warlocks than Boomkins.....

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=90

THIS IS NOT OK.

Or this
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...854&dataset=90 The fight where balance should be king Multidot fight. But were Dead last of every caster....

Or heres even better the end boss.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#boss=1864 Were dead last of all casters not called ele.. and Even below almost every melee.

Boomkin has a low skillcap without the helm. so If your playing in some normal mode guild where half the raid doesn't know how to dps and arn't all grinding dungeons and have 2+legendaries each in their bags Balance druids are fine. If your playing in a real Progression raid guild and you don't have the legendary helm (Or even if you do as I'm linking 90+% logs so alot of those druids do have it) Your basically in the raid for the innervate. Your barely better dps than an Unholy dk of similar skill... Now if your Gape or Nagura or something and have the helm and play your class at a 99.999% Yes you can compete but if you don't have the helm your literally not worth your raid spot in Mythics Unless your better than the players your playing with.

- - - Updated - - -

Its snapshotting the Fulmination trinket its literly the only way this class is even somewhat viable atm... Expect big buffs in 7.1 or else alot of the top raiders you see playing moonkin will be rerolling for nighthold. In the next 2 weeks Im going to probably be leveling a warlock to go with my mage in case we don't get a 7.1 Buff.
    That is abysmal. And yes I mean the language.
    In other news, I like where my druid is. I won't be top of the pack, I don't need to be. I can hold my own, even without that coveted legendary. We don't race for world first so it's all good. I still want my starfall back though...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Not so happy about finally getting a legendary and it being the healing touch boots though, although it is fun to crit someone for 2.5million
    In the same boat, but I guess these fit well with our "utility" role. The old hybrid tax is back, but now it's got a fancy new name.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Actually, they said they "work three times as hard", which I read as just being more effort, not necessarily more difficult.
    I wouldn't mind the rotation so much if it actually gave decent results, tbh.
    Actually, they said "I really don't mind a more difficult rotation"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zen- View Post
    Yup exactly this! Referring to effort not necessarily difficulty. All the DPS specs got neutered to be honest (no rotation is mega difficult in my opinion anyways). Also difficulty is based on opinion, what is easy to you might be difficult for another, and vice versa. At the end of the day hunters still smash two buttons and afk and top aoe dmg meters. =)
    They actually have to monitor procs from their marking shot. They have to know when it's safe to blow their Focus on Aimed Shots and when to save it for Barrage, etc. Moonkins have to do none of this. There are no procs and there are no abilities with cooldowns (with the standard build). I wouldn't be surprised if they were hesitant to buff Moonkins just because of how easy and basic their rotation is.
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2016-10-20 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Actually, they said "I really don't mind a more difficult rotation"
    Might as well quote the entire line : "This exactly. I really don't mind a more difficult rotation (not that ours is mindblowing or anything either). But when I have to work three times as hard for less 100k DPS compared to their two button smash I get discouraged in dungeons to say the least"

Exactly. It's not mindblowing or remotely difficult, ie not difficult, ie not a difficult rotation, ie not a more difficult rotation than anything else, ie how is it remotely difficult? It's not, which is what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue for me right now is this: I want to put mythic dungeons and search for upgrades and legendaries. As balance with ilv 864 I get declined from 99℅ of groups, myth +3 to +7. The sad thing is I can't blame the key holders; I am a good player and I don't stand in shit, I don't pull crap, I do 300k on ST.
    But.
    The biggest issue in mythic dungeons++ is the trash. And compared to other classes mine IS much weaker.
    Again, I am not talking about MY key, but about being included in pugs.

Blizzard should just make FoE have a larger radius and not deplete our AP while it's channeling. Just make it have a set duration of about 5-6 seconds. This will fix our burst AoE issue, our single target DPS issue, as well as give us a reason to use such a beautiful spell that gets no love.

Buuuuuufff starrrfaaaaaallllll. Blizz plsssssssssssssssssss. FOE actually makes me so salty in dungeons, especially with pug tanks. Never know when they decide to move the adds EVERYWHERE after I decide its safe to pop my FOE.

I would take proper snapshotting if it actually made a clear difference between good and mediocre boomys. : D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    I'd be happy if they made barkskin 40% and made starfall (or echoing stars not garbage). I don't mind having 0 Burst AoE, but our sustained is pretty bad too. In mythic+ I spec purely single target and I'm the priority target smasher, I pick a target and blow it up and move on.
    This. Barkskin is our only defense Cd and it sucks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard of our getting any buffs with 7.1? The only thing i've been able to find is either changes to our pvp talents, and incarnation no longer being on the gcd. While I dont think balance is in a bad spot at all, a small buff to close the gap between us and fire mages etc would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizrael View Post
    Has anyone heard of our getting any buffs with 7.1? The only thing i've been able to find is either changes to our pvp talents, and incarnation no longer being on the gcd. While I dont think balance is in a bad spot at all, a small buff to close the gap between us and fire mages etc would be nice.
    Pvp talents are something what they had to change (to keep straight face), bcs they were outdated. Those talents are there since first datamines of alpha...

is it fun to play boomkin in pvp (rbg and 2v2 arena)? I'm so bored with my main wanna roll something fun but can't decide.

The only PvP I've done in Legion has been random BGs for the weekly quest, but I found it super fun up until a melee gets on you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I think the gap between balance and mages, locks and hunters (pures he he, but let's not derail) will only get bigger once tier armors will be available because we will lose haste.
    Hopefully I am wrong.
    Warlocks are no better off than balance druids, and affliction and destruction are at the very bottom of single target in nythendra alongside frost DK, while the "single target" spec of demo is at the middle of the pack of single target while having absolutely garbage aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    is it fun to play boomkin in pvp (rbg and 2v2 arena)? I'm so bored with my main wanna roll something fun but can't decide.
    It's so much fun I leveled my fangs of ashamane specifically for PvP.
    PvP as boomkin is sunfire/moonfire spam because all your hard casts get interrupted or silenced.

I like resto with feral affinity for pvp, boomkin in fun in BGs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    There are still ways to shine. But personally I'd give my left arm if they'd remove empowerments, buff starsurge and starfall and reintroduce proper snapshotting.
    Snapshotting isn't coming back. It's a mechanic that was removed globally across all classes.

Long story short - Snapshotting creates an environment where the player can be "punished" for long periods of time for split-second mistakes. Missing DoT refreshes during trinket procs, or failing to clear & re-gain empowerment stacks during 10stack focused lightning happens within 1-3 seconds, but the lasting impact on your DPS can be 30+ seconds. Considering 95%+ of the playerbase fails to execute optimal snapshotting, it's not a mechanic that meshes well and produces a good gameplay experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Yeah it's hilarious when you come up to a nice pack of 5-6 mobs in the raid, with 60+AP, and full moon active. Sunfire, Starfall, full moon, thinking 'oh yeah that's some good AoE' and when the pack is dead you look at the meters and see you're still near the bottom and a monk has done 40% of the damage for that pull...
    Well that only happens in +2. In my +13, I was always at the top or 5% below the top. Our burst AOE is shit, but we have pretty good sustained aoe with dots, full moon, LW, and starfall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    Snapshotting isn't coming back. It's a mechanic that was removed globally across all classes.

Long story short - Snapshotting creates an environment where the player can be "punished" for long periods of time for split-second mistakes. Missing DoT refreshes during trinket procs, or failing to clear & re-gain empowerment stacks during 10stack focused lightning happens within 1-3 seconds, but the lasting impact on your DPS can be 30+ seconds. Considering 95%+ of the playerbase fails to execute optimal snapshotting, it's not a mechanic that meshes well and produces a good gameplay experience.
    Yea I didnt really enjoy these past weeks of doing average dps because my trinket failed to proc :/ but when it would proc then i actually did decent damage.