Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You understand that whatever happens the perp is still going to be serving several years for sexually abusing a child right?
    The problem is the defense has essentially won if they force the prosecution to prove the near impossible. If the prosecution uses the same methodology for the second trial and succeeds with a longer sentencing it only reinforces how the supreme court messed up.

Cmon guys, people of all cultures and religions rape 10 year olds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

I'm just really impressed that consenting sex with ten year olds is a defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    This cant be right no sane person can think a 10 year old gave consent.

We send them to prison and tell his inmates nonchalantly what he did
    we do the same over here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    He did not consent, because he wasn't able to consent. Even "if" he might have wanted it. Which I HIGHLY doubt. Legal age of consent - if I recall correctly - is 14 here in Austria. AND he reported it right afterwards to a life-guard. So no, this WAS rape and the guy deserves to rot in jail for it. And yes, I don't really care, if he was a white, black, yellow or green asshole, who fucked a boy because he was horny.
    Thanks for the info. At this point the language barrier is the only obstacle left with the consent angle but that works both ways as you can't give or reject consent due to a language barrier.

10+ Year Old Account
    DOnt let the weebs know about this

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem is the defense has essentially won if they force the prosecution to prove the near impossible. If the prosecution uses the same methodology for the second trial and succeeds with a longer sentencing it only reinforces how the supreme court messed up.
    At a guess the first trial was rushed due to such a public outcry about the case, and they just wanted to get this guy behind bars instantly. I don't know how a random guy gets a lawyer that is able to bring about the retrial, but i honestly doubt it will change a single damn thing, it proves a pretty open and shut case. I mean if by some miracle his sentence gets reduced then sure people can be up in arms, but I see it as highly unlikely that that will happen. Mostly I posted in this thread because I thought it was funny how many people actually thought the guy had somehow escaped sexual abuse charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    You should have seen what I saw working on certain cases here in NY.

The law is a fucked up world.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-10-24 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm just really impressed that consenting sex with ten year olds is a defense.
    Do you understand how laws work? You have various levels of crime, so rape, aggravated, etc etc. To go up through the levels you need to fulfill certain criteria, this one just didn't have all that criteria fulfilled for the higher charge in the first trial. It's pretty fucking basic stuff.

At a guess the first trial was rushed due to such a public outcry about the case, and they just wanted to get this guy behind bars instantly. I don't know how a random guy gets a lawyer that is able to bring about the retrial, but i honestly doubt it will change a single damn thing, it proves a pretty open and shut case. I mean if by some miracle his sentence gets reduced then sure people can be up in arms, but I see it as highly unlikely that that will happen. Mostly I posted in this thread because I thought it was funny how many people actually thought the guy had somehow escaped sexual abuse charges.
    Because getting less years because that kid was totes asking for it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yes, they do...and, if you're a Priest, the Catholic Church will even help you cover it up.

Do you understand how laws work? You have various levels of crime, so rape, aggravated, etc etc. To go up through the levels you need to fulfill certain criteria, this one just didn't have all that criteria fulfilled for the higher charge in the first trial. It's pretty fucking basic stuff.
    And one of the criteria for his full punishment is the kid didn't consent. Why is case being retried? Because, apparently, ten year olds consent all the time.

And one of the criteria for his full punishment is the kid didn't consent. Why is case being retried? Because, apparently, ten year olds consent all the time.
    Because you have to prove beyond doubt what happened. How is this a fucking difficult concept for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't understand these people.
    Why would they prefer sloppy trials where the perpetrator can appeal his sentence and walk away in no time?

You absolutely don't want things like this to be rushed.
    If you rush things, people walk on a technicality. That is why things have to be done over.

I didn't say it never happened.
    You are less likely to be killed when the punishment for robbery isn't the death penalty.

Let's say robbery has the death penalty, and so does murder.
    Robbery: You leave behind a witness and you are likely to be caught.
    Murder: You leave no witnesses behind and are unlikely to be caught.
    Why leave behind a witness when it will put you in jail when you can avoid being caught by murdering people?

Deleted
    Murder: You leave no witnesses behind and are unlikely to be caught.
    Which is exactly why people kill other people. It has happened many times over. So no, I do not share your opinion. People have killed others because they spotted them having an affair, or stealing something. You have to have a certain mindset to kill. It doesn't matter, how "harsh" the punishment is.

Because people won't murder to avoid a 6 month sentence for robbery.
    People do murder to avoid the death penalty.

Is this just an act or do you really lack the intelligence to work out that logic yourself?
    People have killed for lesser reasons.

Because you have to prove beyond doubt what happened. How is this a fucking difficult concept for you?
    How fucking dense are you? The boy has the ripped asshole and psychological trauma to prove it. Yes, I worded this quite harsh, but fuck me what are you even talking about? The Boy COULDN'T consent, because he is a fucking minor. For Christ sake.
    Not only did the perp sexually assault someone, he did it on a minor. Someone who CANNOT give consent, because he is not able to legally.

Nvm, he was trolling. I will keep the post up, because I fell into his trap. Silly me.
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2016-10-24 at 09:30 PM.

So, how often do ten year olds, beneath the age of consent, consent that you have to prove they didn't consent?

So, how often do ten year olds, beneath the age of consent, consent that you have to prove they didn't consent?
    Ok, apparently simple concepts are difficult for you. At this point I can't explain it to you, I don't think anyone can.

Ok, apparently simple concepts are difficult for you. At this point I can't explain it to you, I don't think anyone can.
    That's funny. You're just as funny as Sicari who thinks people won't kill to avoid jail time.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this just an act or do you really lack the intelligence to work out that logic yourself?
    People have killed for far less than skipping jail time. The effort to pretend they don't is hilarious.

That's funny. You're just as funny as Sicari who thinks people won't kill to avoid jail time.
    I never said that.

This might be rare of the first time for Civil law country. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds although this has potential bad implications moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people have murdered cops for a routine traffic stop. Murder is a threshold above and beyond killing (eg warfare).