Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Hall Upgrades - Why Do They Take So Damn Long?

I actually never got around to completing my class order hall upgrades. Once they got up to 12500, I was kind of just like "meh" and would burn resources on Loot Coins. It wasn't until my second legendary dropped that realized what I derp move it was. Like seriously /facepalm!

I'm having a hard enough time farming up the required amount of resources from quest. But the fact that it'll take me 24+ days for it to complete just seems absurd. What the hell is the point of this? I fufilled the requirements, why do I have to wait?

It's similar nonsense to the Class Campaign with the missions holding you back instead of being able to bang it all out. I mean Artifact Weapon Research only takes a few days which seems fair to me depending on your knowledge.

its one of the two "cool new things that are extremely exciting and fulfilling" according to blizzard (which in reality they are the opposite):

- rng EVERYWHERE
    - time-gating for no appearent reason

nothing else to say sadly ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you aren't meant to complete it right away.

Stop whining about timegating, sorry, but you aren't meant to devour everything in one gulp.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

this game was designed to be played over the course of 2 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't started the last 2, they are meaningless for me. No problem here!

Them actually being a long duration IS one of the things blizzard are doing right.
    Mission durations are still too short, prompting daily if not more frequent visits to class order hall for optimal returns.
    The same as with garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Haven't started the last 2, they are meaningless for me. No problem here!
    Until you get your 2nd legendary (god bless you). You don't have anything to anyway. Just do them, instead of being like OP and his "oh shit I had to do this crap, what a retard am I"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Until you get your 2nd legendary (god bless you). You don't have anything to anyway. Just do them, instead of being like OP and his "oh shit I had to do this crap, what a retard am I"
    I'll start to do them when I'll get my FIRST legendary Currently I don't feel like grinding tons of resources to start them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    What the hell is the point of this? I fufilled the requirements, why do I have to wait?

Ah, but you missed the "plan ahead and wait" requirement, so that's why there's some trouble here now.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I'll start to do them when I'll get my FIRST legendary Currently I don't feel like grinding tons of resources to start them.
    Same here! I didn't even start the one before last. Too many resources, I need them for my order hall missions. I once got close to 12k and I used it to buy my last order hall set upgrades. Haven't even gotten one legendary, so no need for two, and I don't raid, so no need for the coin. The other option might be nice for the extra order hall resources, but then again, I never have a hero free to accompany me. They're always on missions.

I actually never got around to completing my class order hall upgrades. Once they got up to 12500, I was kind of just like "meh" and would burn resources on Loot Coins. It wasn't until my second legendary dropped that realized what I derp move it was. Like seriously /facepalm!

I'm having a hard enough time farming up the required amount of resources from quest. But the fact that it'll take me 24+ days for it to complete just seems absurd. What the hell is the point of this? I fufilled the requirements, why do I have to wait?

It's similar nonsense to the Class Campaign with the missions holding you back instead of being able to bang it all out. I mean Artifact Weapon Research only takes a few days which seems fair to me depending on your knowledge.
    I'm sorry, but you said it yourself, this was a derp move. The idea behind this gating is, that you have something to work towards to, something that doesn't unlock the moment you reach 110 and I'm fine with that. It actually felt kinda cool unlocking that last part just a few days ago and it was nice to be able to look back and realize what I've done since the launch.

Deleted
    How do you not have abundant CH resources? I did the final upgrade on my druid ( who still has 0 legendaries ) and still had like 13k left over and i pretty much only did AP WQ's.

About to finish the last CH upgrade on my hunter ( who has two legendaries to equip ) and i have 18k currently. I don't get why people wouldn't research everything.

Edit: I constantly send my followers on missions as well.
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2016-10-25 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Edit

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you have 2 ledgendaries would put you way to in front of those without any. And its fine that way. This is coming from someone with two and not even at that research.
    Aye mate

What the hell is the point of this? I fufilled the requirements, why do I have to wait?
    Because its p2p MMORPG. If everything could be done in one month, why would the majority bother playing the rest of the expansion's lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because you have 2 ledgendaries would put you way to in front of those without any. And its fine that way. This is coming from someone with two and not even at that research.
    No they wouldn't because I have Sephuz's Secret and Norgannon's Foresight.

Bit of a gamble. You'll kick yourself if you get your second legendary five minutes after your first.

Deleted
    They want you to pay more months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    How do you not have abundant CH resources? I did the final upgrade on my druid ( who still has 0 legendaries ) and still had like 13k left over and i pretty much only did AP WQ's.

About to finish the last CH upgrade on my hunter ( who has two legendaries to equip ) and i have 18k currently. I don't get why people wouldn't research everything.

Edit: I constantly send my followers on missions as well.
    Because not everybody plays 24/7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Because not everybody plays 24/7.
    I don't play 24/7. I've not gone out of my way to do resource missions just the ones needed for emissary cache.

Try not to assume in future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Bit of a gamble. You'll kick yourself if you get your second legendary five minutes after your first.
    I'll take this risk!