Does the artifact research get faster over time for 110 characters?

I started one week late into Legion. The first character I leveled started artifact research timer at 4 days. Since then, all artifact research on that character has been 4 days. A couple of weeks later I leveled an alt, whose first research began at 3 days. All research for that is still 3 days. I guess if I level a new character now the time will be around two and a half days.

Will the speed for my first two characters get faster? Or are they stuck at 4 and 3 days? It feels strange that my alt is researching faster than my main and slowly and steadily catching up and surpassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there is a built up yet semi-subtle catch up mechanic. Alts don't have anything blatant like 1 day research, but it is designed to have alts or late bloomers still be competitive eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Will the speed for my first two characters get faster? Or are they stuck at 4 and 3 days? It feels strange that my alt is researching faster than my main and slowly and steadily catching up and surpassing.
    The 3 / 4 days are the catch-up discount. Eventually they will be 5 days too so you can't surpass your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I started one week late into Legion. The first character I leveled started artifact research timer at 4 days. Since then, all artifact research on that character has been 4 days. A couple of weeks later I leveled an alt, whose first research began at 3 days. All research for that is still 3 days. I guess if I level a new character now the time will be around two and a half days.

It will actually get slower and become same 5 days as for anyone who started immediately after expansion was released. Alts won't ever surpass your main, they will be behind by a 1-3 days, that's catch-up mechanics.