Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Titan forged Craft

Some say the problem of mythic plus is people leaving after the timer started, but I never had that. What I'm seeing is People are asking for 865 players for dungeons that drop 850 gear (say mythic plus 4), but what's the point for the 865 player to do such a dungeon? Only for 2 reasons: 1. Extreme luck for Legendaries 2. Extreme luck for titan forged gear. If you're 865 you probably want to do a plus 8 or more, but guess what, you wont find a group unless you start it yourself, people want at least 870 for a plus 8. I have seen 895 titan forged gear from a mythic 3 and I myself only got 2 pieces of titan forged gear that are useful but they're only +15 levels. So any gear that is not at least warforged is basically rubbish in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Some say the problem of mythic plus is people leaving after the timer started, but I never had that. What I'm seeing is People are asking for 865 players for dungeons that drop 850 gear (say mythic plus 4), but what's the point for the 865 player to do such a dungeon? Only for 2 reasons: 1. Extreme luck for Legendaries 2. Extreme luck for titan forged gear. If you're 865 you probably want to do a plus 8 or more, but guess what, you wont find a group unless you start it yourself, people want at least 870 for a plus 8. I have seen 895 titan forged gear from a mythic 3 and I myself only got 2 pieces of titan forged gear that are useful but they're only +15 levels. So any gear that is not at least warforged is basically rubbish in this expansion.
    With higher gear You can just faceroll the lower mythic+ (2-6) dungeons,
    What for? For extra chests
    What for? For legendaries, AP farming, proceed gears, or just looking for this one item You really need to improve.

I, for example, did ran 20 times+ Maw of Souls on the lower lvl of mythics, just for a fucking trinket...
    So I rather ran the lower with 2-3 Chests dropping, then going for one 8-10 m+, which decreases highly my loot drop chance.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

This will only get worse with time. I am very curious how the community will end up receiving it.

Deleted
    Can't help that people want higher ilvl than content. That is not something new. I was in your seat a while ago, playing feral, no one wants you pretty much in any mythic+ difficulty. Tips on what you can do:

1. Get some friends to run with. This is the best way. You don't have any? Well pug and make friends, thats what I did. Now we try and finish +10 (this weeks EU affix sucks balls) if we are 5 ppl on. Gets much fun progressing with same players than joining pugs and have no idea what you will end up with. If we are 4 peoples on we do boost runs.

2. Get boosted on your key. Can be little tricky depending on dungeon and lvl of key. But so many boosters out there, specially low mythics+ (2-4) and top guilds are boosting their viewers from twitch in higher ones (7-9). These groups basically give you 3 chests and +3 on your key, why not take it?

Deleted
    Well a friend of mine titanforged an 885 from an 830 wq reward and an 895 from a myt + 0.....so yeah the drop system is stupid and the results are what we can all see......people asking 865 for an instance which rewasrd 850. Blizz should have seen this coming honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    Well a friend of mine titanforged an 885 from an 830 wq reward and an 895 from a myt + 0.....so yeah the drop system is stupid and the results are what we can all see......people asking 865 for an instance which rewasrd 850. Blizz should have seen this coming honestly.
    People have always been asking for higher ilvl than the content requires. The difference is that M+ is significantly more difficult than the gear it drops, but you are rewarded with AP and a chance at legendaries or titanforged gear. The dungeon trinkets are also really good. My 855 Oakheart and Naraxas trinkets are far superior to anything in Emerald Nightmare.

Also if you have a personal key, from like 2-6, you can almost always find a high level group that is just looking to carry keys.

i've seen ppl queue up with 880 ilvl for mythic+4

why THE FUCK am i going to take the 850 player? is blizzard giving me pitty tokens, the carebear award?

sorry but if your ilvl is "enough" you better be the group leader, because no group is accepting people with "enough" ilvl they're accepting people 20 ilvls higher because everyone wants a shot at mythic+ TF gear and AP and legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    People have always been asking for higher ilvl than the content requires. The difference is that M+ is significantly more difficult than the gear it drops, but you are rewarded with AP and a chance at legendaries or titanforged gear. The dungeon trinkets are also really good. My 855 Oakheart and Naraxas trinkets are far superior to anything in Emerald Nightmare.

Also if you have a personal key, from like 2-6, you can almost always find a high level group that is just looking to carry keys.
    yeah that's true indeed....but you have to admit that, without the whole titanforge thing, there would have been less overgeared players and, as a consequence, people would not ask for such higher ilvl then the content requires. I am not complaining about the people, i am complaining about the drop system! (i played since Vanilla at least 2/3 months into each exp and this is by far the most casual drop system since Vanilla.....you're lucky? you can get up to 880 without ever stepping into hc raid). I PERSONALLY find this stupid.....no feeling of progression at all! I make you an example: i have never been hardcore so i never stepped into a mythic raid (only hc) but in Dreanor we managed to pug the first boss and, boys, was that exciting! I could drop such a good piece of gear that i could NOT get anywhere else (well if we don't consider the garrison lol). Now this is no more, you can run a mythic and get the highest available gear cmon......
    Last edited by mmoc7a7ff5695d; 2016-10-24 at 03:56 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For the 100th time, make your own group and don't tell other people how they must play the game. No one want to carry anybody, everyone want to do instance as fast as possible (for legendary and artifact point, titanforge is only a bonus).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually most people in my position are usually looking to carry people with keys from 4-6 (almost always +3), or 7-9 (usually +2, sometimes +3 depending on quality of carry).

Titanforge is merely a bonus when I do these groups. Mostly doing it because the AP gains are great and it's the only realistic way to "farm" a legendary. Like mentioned, titanforge is merely icing on the cake.

People can make group requirements whatever they want, stop trying to tell people what to make them. Just because mythic 8 drops 855 gear base, doesn't mean a group leader is going to set the requirements to ~850. This has always been the case and people can pug shit how they want to pug shit. Personally I really don't give a shit what peoples iLvLs are, I set 3-4 dungeons I want to do and auto invite the first person who links me a 4-6 key. If I want to do a 7 I'll be a bit more picky about what someones iLvL is.

I really don't see the issue with the system. Unlike previous expansion you have a huge amount of people carrying people for essentially free and gearing up the entire player base. Challenge modes only gave cosmetics, and raid carries always came at the cost of gold. Because there is a baseline reward of AP and a small chance at upgrade (legendary/TF) in these dungeons, you have people running people through shit for zero gold cost and wanting to do well because it's in their very interest to make it a fast and painless experience for the person supplying the key.

M+ has it's problems (mainly how it handles depleted keys when you +2 or +3 them, and people leaving in the middle of them without penalty) but it's probably one of the more positive community things they've added in the game. No where in the past would I volunteer to "help" absolute strangers for free. Why? Because there was nothing in it for me. M+ changes that, at least right now.

TLDR: Blizzards knows exactly what they were doing. This is essentially raid carries on a smaller level, but for free. Everybody wins in such a system and sometimes you get lucky with extreme TF gear or a legendary item. Consolation prize is AP, which for now is always useful.

Honestly this is the best expansion in regards to gearing up fast (artifact aside). No other expansion could you gear up this reliably outside of raiding, and with raiding you were at the mercy of RNG as to whether something drops. M+ can be RNG as well, but there aren't lockouts.

Ilvl requirements will pretty much read, "I want X percentile of ilvl" depending on how long a patch/raid tier has been out. So the later you go, the higher it gets. Depends on what people app, and what group leaders can get. So generally you have to be ahead of whatever curve there is at the time, since the highest end pugged content might go for the top 20% of ilvls (especially for those in the DPS role)

That should put it into perspective, but yeah, this xpac is more rng than ever. I find myself holding onto gear just for the ilvl. Can't imagine how bad it'll be when some people have like 4 legendaries, imagine the ilvl bloat then (even if they can't equip 4 at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've seen ppl queue up with 880 ilvl for mythic+4

why THE FUCK am i going to take the 850 player? is blizzard giving me pitty tokens, the carebear award?
    They should abolish titanforging and limit warforging to 10 ilvl above what the instance drops. There's a balance between bribing geared folk to run lower level content and having such that only geared folk run the content. Blizzard havent got the balance right.

Unlike previous expansion you have a huge amount of people carrying people for essentially free and gearing up the entire player base.
    That may be happening with guildies/friends. But its not happening with pugs. Unless you vastly outgear the instance you wont be invited. And unless you are a tank, noone will join a group you make.
    Last edited by dexx; 2016-10-25 at 03:18 AM.

Id just make my own group.. this kind of content was not designed for random matchmaking to begin with so you have to deal with the bs unless you make your own rules

Tried making my own group on a dps alt. My key, etc. 45 minutes, hundreds of dps applicants, no tanks, no healers. Most dps 15+ higher ilvl than me so it's not like I'm wondering why I can't get into other groups. Just one more anti alt thing in an already anti alt expansion. Maybe I was just unlucky with the timing, maybe everyone else get tanks and healers in a second, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    Tried making my own group on a dps alt. My key, etc. 45 minutes, hundreds of dps applicants, no tanks, no healers. Most dps 15+ higher ilvl than me so it's not like I'm wondering why I can't get into other groups. Just one more anti alt thing in an already anti alt expansion. Maybe I was just unlucky with the timing, maybe everyone else get tanks and healers in a second, who knows.
    Uh - that theres way more DPS than Healers/Tanks isn't exactly anything new. Was incredibly common in WoD for a while to find 20-40 groups for Mythics, every single one with 3 DPS - and most missing both healer/tank.

I'm close to 880 and I basically will always queue for a 2-6 if I'm not doing guild stuff and have some time to spare, infact, I still do multiple +2's every day because of legendaries.

I think legendaries are easily the worst addition to the game, but they work great for the casual playerbase I feel. (Actual casual, not semi-casual or whatever because them and the hardcore should dislike them the most)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Uh - that theres way more DPS than Healers/Tanks isn't exactly anything new. Was incredibly common in WoD for a while to find 20-40 groups for Mythics, every single one with 3 DPS - and most missing both healer/tank.
    Yes, and? Point is people tell those who can't get in groups to make their own and when you make your own that's what you're up against. So, better go get lucky with those titanforges or go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep running +6 whole week. 7/10 runs are for 2 chests and i find it best ap/gear to hour ratrio. 8 and beyond is just not rewarding enough when you go with 4 random people and can spend over 1 hour in there for 1 chest with only 2 items...
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    M+ can be RNG as well, but there aren't lockouts.
    That's exactly the problem. "Why raid for 12 hrs for a chance at 1-2 items when you can spam dungeon bosses all day long that drop better gear?" will be the question that many players will ask.
    Raiding will go down in prestige because of it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    That's exactly the problem. "Why raid for 12 hrs for a chance at 1-2 items when you can spam dungeon bosses all day long that drop better gear?" will be the question that many players will ask.
    Raiding will go down in prestige because of it.
    Not prestige, but gearing usefulness. This game has always been "raid or die" in terms of progression, now it's no longer so, for which I'm grateful as I enjoy raids the least and a parallel system of advancement was long due. People may still have to hit certain content for some things, like a set bonus or a specific trinket, in the end I think this system is a good thing, maybe the titanforged was a bit too extreme and legendaries are mostly a source of frustration for those who didn't get any or got the crap ones. I'm still in the "no legendary crowd", how cool is that?