Thread: 7.2 Notes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

7.1 Notes

What are your guys' thoughts on the changes? Seems like 'meh'.

-Agonizing Flames damage bonus to Immolation Aura reduced to 30% (was 50%).

-Felblade is now usable against targets in melee range even if the Demon Hunter is rooted.

-Distance from which Soul Fragments can be used for Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and Spirit Bomb has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards).

-Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughout.

-Spirit Bomb healing from damage increased to 15% (was 10%).

-Soul Barrier now lasts 12 seconds (was 8 seconds).

-Abilities learned have been spaced out:

-Sigil of Silence – Level 101
    -Empower Wards – Level 103
    -Sigil of Misery – Level 105
    Last edited by StrifesFury; 2016-10-25 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Checked for PVP changes, found none.

Ummmm, what?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

It's 7.1 changes. And i don't mind those changes, i think the "This is not a gain to throughput." part is a bit silly. Like we're not allowed to get increased throughput (i think most knew this was just a change to how that fury was distributed anyway).

Good changes for vengeance, especially soul barrier and 5 more yards on balls, might make it actually good.

Those changes to vengeance are marginal. Isn't going to stop them from being the second worst tank.

What vengeance needs is a reduction to the cd of Empowered Wards, and a reversion of the nerf to their base stamina/armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Good changes for vengeance, especially soul barrier and 5 more yards on balls, might make it actually good.
    The Soul Barrier change won't affect VDH not taking it, at least at high mythic+ and mythic raiding level. The issue is not the buff being too short.

the 5+ yard will be helpful, and the 10% to 15% will make Soul Bomb stronger but the 50% to 30% nerf to agonizing flames is a classic case of blizzard nerf batting instead of buffing the other two undesirable talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Those changes to vengeance are marginal. Isn't going to stop them from being the second worst tank.

What vengeance needs is a reduction to the cd of Empowered Wards, and a reversion of the nerf to their base stamina/armor.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    The Soul Barrier change won't affect VDH not taking it, at least at high mythic+ and mythic raiding level. The issue is not the buff being too short.

the 5+ yard will be helpful, and the 10% to 15% will make Soul Bomb stronger but the 50% to 30% nerf to agonizing flames is a classic case of blizzard nerf batting instead of buffing the other two undesirable talents.
    Yes i shouldn't have commented on Vengeance as i only play it in heroic/mythic dungeons. Yeah the nerf to immolation aura seems unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Yes i shouldn't have commented on Vengeance as i only play it in heroic/mythic dungeons. Yeah the nerf to immolation aura seems unnecessary.
    Oh yeah, on heroic/Mythic dungeons the Soul Barrier change will make a difference for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    i didn't even read those ptr notes until today, vengeance actually gets nerfed ? waht the fuck hhaha

7+ Year Old Account
    Fel Dev and Spirit Bomb were competitive before, even if everyone took Fel Dev because burst healing is useful. An extra 5% probably makes Spirit Bomb numerically better, which means our bottom two rows are now BOTH "do you want an OH FUCK talent or a YOU CAN STAY ALIVE IN THE MEANTIME talent" - Fel Dev/Last Resort for emergencies, newly buffed Barrier/Bomb for constant healing.

That said, let's praise the real hero here: USING FELBLADE WHILE ROOTED IN MELEE RANGE.
    disco inferno

playing DH is what it must feel like to be a cleveland browns fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i didn't even read those ptr notes until today, vengeance actually gets nerfed ? waht the fuck hhaha
    That's what Blizzard does. They "bring up" talents by nerfing the only good ones to be as shit as the garbage ones.

They're about to do that to havoc demonhunters too, most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit bomb change is nice but I think I'll still use fel devastation.

Not happy with immolation aura nerf, much rather they buff the other ones where they arent terrible

soul fragment distance will be nice for any fight involving movement.

Fel blade change will be nice on like Skovald I guess for pve? not a whole lot of other incidents, maybe if you noob it up on Cenarius :P

Super happy about soul barrier buff, I think its super underrated, can see it definitely being my top healing source on some boss fights.

Still think though they didn't fix some of the largest problems like just how damn squishy we are without our demon spikes up, I wouldnt really mind a small hit to demon spikes (which they already did..) or our healing if we got some extra damage reduction and health base, also increasing the duration of empower wards or reducing its CD to 16 seconds or so would be nice as its our only real source of anti magic.

Overall it's an improvement, still not happy about immolation aura but that's about all.

Umm.. Are these for 7.1? i cant find these changes anywhere. If these are real, I am not happy at all, seriously nerfing our damage again? Thanks for making Charred Warblades more then usless now.. Something majority of us went for at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Spirit bomb change is nice but I think I'll still use fel devastation.

Not happy with immolation aura nerf, much rather they buff the other ones where they arent terrible

soul fragment distance will be nice for any fight involving movement.

Fel blade change will be nice on like Skovald I guess for pve? not a whole lot of other incidents, maybe if you noob it up on Cenarius :P

Super happy about soul barrier buff, I think its super underrated, can see it definitely being my top healing source on some boss fights.

Still think though they didn't fix some of the largest problems like just how damn squishy we are without our demon spikes up, I wouldnt really mind a small hit to demon spikes (which they already did..) or our healing if we got some extra damage reduction and health base, also increasing the duration of empower wards or reducing its CD to 16 seconds or so would be nice as its our only real source of anti magic.

Overall it's an improvement, still not happy about immolation aura but that's about all.
    This all the way, I 100% agree with you. I am seriously considering rerolling(which will likely result in me quitting, dont have time to gear a second character). Like common blizzard, We need 0 nerfs, we need buffs, no nerfs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Ikr ? Nerf the spec that noones actually saying is OP... But is rather actually performing pretty poorly atm... Good job blizz, good job.
    Decisions like this is why I left the game in WoD.

I am entirely convinced the new dev team has no clue what they are doing when it comes to balancing classes and actually listening to the people. They just hit whatever classes they don't like.

I mean Im incredibly happy with all the buffs there as well (minor as they are) but seeing yet another nerf laced in with all the buffs just peevs me off.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2016-10-25 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    Umm.. Are these for 7.1? i cant find these changes anywhere. If these are real, I am not happy at all, seriously nerfing our damage again? Thanks for making Charred Warblades more then usless now.. Something majority of us went for at the start.

This all the way, I 100% agree with you. I am seriously considering rerolling(which will likely result in me quitting, dont have time to gear a second character). Like common blizzard, We need 0 nerfs, we need buffs, no nerfs at all.

Ikr ? Nerf the spec that noones actually saying is OP... But is rather actually performing pretty poorly atm... Good job blizz, good job.
    Decisions like this is why I left the game in WoD.

I am entirely convinced the new dev team has no clue what they are doing when it comes to balancing classes and actually listening to the people. They just hit whatever classes they don't like.

I mean Im incredibly happy with all the buffs there as well (minor as they are) but seeing yet another nerf laced in with all the buffs just peevs me off.

Lol this is why I dont read forums fuck i should of never done it...

I don't want to play my brewmaster monk because everybody says there trash so I started a DH now I come here and everybody is saying they are trash LOL!

DH does dominate mythic+ charts doe so ima stick with em

*7.1 notes
    Changes to Soul Barrier and Spirit Bomb make sense.
    FD and LR were chosen far more often, so you buff the others to try to bring them in line.
    Think SB still needs a bump in absorb to truly compete against LR though.

Increased soul fragment gather distance is a good QoL change, although I'm not sure 5 yards will make all that much difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was my bad. It is 7.1, I cannot change the thread title to reflect 7.1.
    Last edited by StrifesFury; 2016-10-25 at 12:05 PM.

Welp, if havoc wasn't bottom of the barrel for single target before, it sure is now that all of the specs below it got major buffs.

Seriously, a flat "17% buff to all your abilities" for arcane?

Was really hoping to see a 5-10% buff to chaos strike. Wouldn't have us sitting on top for single target, wouldn't have made a significant change for AoE or cleave.

Oh well, we can hope for some changes come nighthold.

As a whole the changes are pretty much all welcome. As Jello posted, the Ago nerf isn't that big of a nerf, very slight. Which makes Razor Spikes competitive for ST. Otherwise all good changes.

Soul frag pick up and Felblade Root are the best IMO. Something we've been asking for since Alpha haha.

Spirit Bomb was always competitive healing wise to FD. The 5% buff is actually decent, and reduecs the required healing for it to be better by 2-3mil depending on gear.

Soul Barrier buff is, eh. The main issue with it is the size, not the duration. It will be good for the few instances Soul Barrier is better. Just rather they would have buffed the size.

OVERALL: Talent choices don't change, except now Razor Spikes competes for ST with Ago.Ago will be more dps if you don't use Razor Spikes properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    As a whole the changes are pretty much all welcome. As Jello posted, the Ago nerf isn't that big of a nerf, very slight. Which makes Razor Spikes competitive for ST. Otherwise all good changes.

Soul frag pick up and Felblade Root are the best IMO. Something we've been asking for since Alpha haha.

Spirit Bomb was always competitive healing wise to FD. The 5% buff is actually decent, and reduecs the required healing for it to be better by 2-3mil depending on gear.

Soul Barrier buff is, eh. The main issue with it is the size, not the duration. It will be good for the few instances Soul Barrier is better. Just rather they would have buffed the size.

OVERALL: Talent choices don't change, except now Razor Spikes competes for ST with Ago.Ago will be more dps if you don't use Razor Spikes properly.
    Can you elaborate? I'm a casual veng DH at best, tanking a few m+10 and I'm our 3rd tank on m renferal, so I wont pretend I have done a ton of theorycrafting and know whats what, but I have a few questions.

First, it seems weird to be excited about razor spikes suddenly when it didn't see any changes. The only reason its viable now is because the other talent that was better is now closer to even with it. Couldn't you have been using it before if you preferred that path?

As far as the AF not being that big a nerf, can you help me to understand why that's the case? I felt like ImmoAura was one of my biggest sources of damage and healing in mythic +. I don't keep logs running for mythic +, but looking at other logs, it seems that it averages out to be the highest source of damage in pretty much every log I could find, and it generally averages 10-12% of the total healing DH's receive (charred warglaive). At face value, this seems like a *very* significant nerf both to damage and healing. What am I missing?

Felblade should be a nice QOL improvement, but pretty extremely minor. I can't think of many situations (or any, really) where being rooted and unable to FB has lead to me not generating enough pain and dying. Its a pretty minor and borderline un-noticable buff at best.

I think the soulfrags is the single biggest buff we got, that seems like its going to be very helpful. Pretty confident I'll notice that in both mythic + and when I get suckered into tanking for our raid.

I agree about spirit bomb. Its problem before was the size of the heal and the ability to use FD as an oh shit button made it hard to pass up, because while having more sustained healing is beneficial, healers don't typically go oom trying to keep tanks up, its just those big spikes they worry about. With the 5% buff it should be enough sustained healing that it'll be worth taking over FD in dungeons. Looking forward to playing with that.

As far as soul barrier, yep, its meh. Its on the same tier as last resort, which is insanely fucking good for both surviving oh shit moments and cheesing tank mechanics, and netherlink which is super solid for cheesing mechanics in a very situational setting. It needed a huge buff to its potency, not its duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Welp, if havoc wasn't bottom of the barrel for single target before, it sure is now that all of the specs below it got major buffs.
    Uh will still probably be below us, frost DK probably jumped ahead by a small margin. remains to be seen

edit: any UH with the legendary wrists will still probably blow us out of the water.
    Last edited by aGit; 2016-10-25 at 02:01 PM.