Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How good is Bloodstained Handkerchief ?

This trinket more or less gives a 3.3/sec energy regen, which is around 14.6% more energy regeneration for me (my sim is showing a 22.6 ressource regeneration/sec).

My total damage for ressource spending is as follow :

26.6% Rupture
    14.8% Evenom
    9.7% Garrote
    9.3% + 4.6% Mutilate
    3.9% Kingsbane
    3.4% Fan of Knives (I have the legendary cloak)

Rupture, for an average use every 28 seconds duration uses 0.89 energy/sec
    Garrote for an average use every 18 seconds duration uses 2.5 energy/sec
    Kingsgane for an average use every 45 seconds uses 0.77 energy/sec
    Fan of Knives for an average use every 60 seconds uses 0.583 energy/sec

So that is a total of 4.74 energy/sec used for Dots and CD. This leaves a total of 17.86 energy/sec for mutilate and envenom.

Mutilate and Evenom do 28.7% of my total damage, they are directly impacted by the energy regen.

3.3 energy /sec bumps the left energy regen to 21.16 energy/sec, which is a 18.477% buff.

18.477% buff to 28.7% of total damage is an overal damage buff of at least 5.3% (its just a flat damage buff, but it doesn't account for the increase uptime of EP and surge of toxin).

~5% seems pretty good for a trinket passive.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2016-10-25 at 06:02 PM.

Does it indeed proc energy reg for assassination? Or is this theory?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Does it indeed proc energy reg for assassination? Or is this theory?
    Any bleed will, it works with the bleed from the talent [Internal Bleeding] that makes Kidney Shot apply a bleed. It also works with the 2pT19 that makes Mutilate apply a bleed , and it will work with any ability that applies a bleed.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2016-10-25 at 06:12 PM.

In that case it is a must have for every assassination rogue.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Holy shit that's good.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Any bleed will, it works with the bleed from the talent [Internal Bleeding] that makes Kidney Shot apply a bleed. It also works with the 2pT19 that makes Mutilate apply a bleed , and it will work with any ability that applies a bleed.
    Have you confirmed this? I was under the impression it was not properly tested yet.
    Blizzard being Blizzard, I wouldn't hold my breath

"until they die"

let's just sit here and talk about how awesome that is

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Is this confirmed though? Venomous wound specifically states that any "bleed" damage you deal regens energy. Garrote and rupture are "bleed" damage, whereas handkerchief deals "physical" damage, rather than bleed damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Is this confirmed though? Venomous wound specifically states that any "bleed" damage you deal regens energy. Garrote and rupture are "bleed" damage, whereas handkerchief deals "physical" damage, rather than bleed damage.
    Guess we gotta wait on someone to get one.

I doubt it will give energy. That would be way OP and venomous wounds states bleed damage *from abilities* grants energy anyway.

Well, it's still must have because new tier set gives your envenom +DMG for every bleed effect.
    Not sure if it count actually...

See, the Ursoc trinket that gives bleed DOES NOT RETURN US ENERGY, so I am skeptical if this Bloodstained Handkerchief does or not

Until someone actually drops it, I won't dig in

I was under the impression the OP knew, maybe because he has it.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    kara has three top trinkets which seem all very strong if they are on high ilvl.

agi / bleed
    agi / high crit single target
    agi / mastery flat

Venomous Wounds
    Requires Rogue (Assassination)
    Requires level 22
    You regain

Venom Rush

7 Energy each time your ABILITIES deal Bleed damage to a poisoned target.

Im 99% sure the trinket wont proc it. Really would like someone to get one and test it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    5 minute fight. Soo... 300 seconds. Procs every 3 seconds, so it will proc 100 times across five minutes for a total of 897,800 damage. Regardless of synergy with Rogues and our abilities, this trinket is pretty lackluster. The only reason I'd wear it is if it does, in fact, grant energy and coincide with our T19 Envenom effect.

Meh.
    What about cleave fights?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I don't believe it will work this way as it would make this trinket extremely OP for Assassination Rogues and basically trash for all other classes/specs. I'm going to want to see some proof before any of this preliminary info can be vouched for.
    It's hard to imagine they would make a trinket which is trash for all classes, but with Blizzard you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    It's hard to imagine they would make a trinket which is trash for all classes, but with Blizzard you never know.
    Now that wouldn't be new, but a trinket which is good for exactly 2 specs (in this case assa and feral) would be new, if i'm not mistaken.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Now that wouldn't be new, but a trinket which is good for exactly 2 specs (in this case assa and feral) would be new, if i'm not mistaken.
    Dunno about other classes, but on Nighthold has a trinket for assassination that has a chance to reduce Vendetta by 5s

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, just learned every class/spec gets a different proc from it

Cleared Kara today and got the handkerchief.

It accounted for 1-2% of my total dmg as Mut (860 ilvl), does not stack (would have been awesome if it stacked like Moroes' Garrote), and I'm nearly certain it didn't contribute to Energy regen.

Had to log before I could test more, but there you go. Pretty shit so far, unless I'm missing something.