Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1 nerfed camera zoom distance

as per title, could no longer zoom far out

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The slider was removed as we saw that very few players were using it to reduce their maximum zoom distance. The majority of players have been using the mousewheel to zoom in/out as needed.

From 7.1 the camera max distance will be set to the current max slider value of 1.9. by default

Additionally, the current CVar for camera max distance will been changed to cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor.

This means the console command for the furthest possible max zoom will be:

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

This will persist between sessions. A lower value can be set if you prefer the maximum possible zoom distance to be closer to your character.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...issing-on-ptr/

What I'm wondering is what was the max settings yesterday. I liked what I had and even the default zoom out distance today is a bit too far for my liking. I mouse wheel to zoom in from time to time and always mouse wheel back to my max distance...now it is way too far. I've tried messing with different settings for the /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor like 1.9 and 1.4 but neither of those feel like it was yesterday. Maybe it is the angle of the camera? I don't know I'm stumped at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't people claim it has been nerfed every small fix and patch?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Don't people claim it has been nerfed every small fix and patch?
    The command was changed so it resets to default. It does appear it's nerfed, but actually it's just reset. If you use the command you get full zoom back.

The command doesn't work for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The command doesn't work for me.
    It does nothing for me, either, I've tried it 3 or 4 times now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    The command was changed so it resets to default. It does appear it's nerfed, but actually it's just reset. If you use the command you get full zoom back.
    I know, was more, there's almost always a post about zoom lately ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The addon MaxCam should still be working, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    as per title, could no longer zoom far out
    AGAIN??? They also nerfed it greatly in v7.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The slider was removed as we saw that very few players were using it to reduce their maximum zoom distance. The majority of players have been using the mousewheel to zoom in/out as needed.

From 7.1 the camera max distance will be set to the current max slider value of 1.9. by default

Additionally, the current CVar for camera max distance will been changed to cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor.

This means the console command for the furthest possible max zoom will be:

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

This will persist between sessions. A lower value can be set if you prefer the maximum possible zoom distance to be closer to your character.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...issing-on-ptr/
    2.6 is crap...

Pre v7.0 I used 75... V7.0 nerfed it to 6... And now 2.6????
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Weird, just tested it and it worked fine. I put it on a macro and pressed it once on one toon, it worked on all of my toons since then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    AGAIN??? They also nerfed it greatly in v7.0

- - - Updated - - -

2.6 is crap...

Pre v7.0 I used 75... V7.0 nerfed it to 6... And now 2.6????
    So you used 10. 10 was the maximum, you could type anything you want in the command...but 10 was the maximum

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I know, was more, there's almost always a post about zoom lately ^^
    Yeah appearently a lot of people aren't able to adjust to how it is and would rather spend time bitching about how it was. Case and point: this and a shit ton of other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What I'm wondering is what was the max settings yesterday. I liked what I had and even the default zoom out distance today is a bit too far for my liking. I mouse wheel to zoom in from time to time and always mouse wheel back to my max distance...now it is way too far. I've tried messing with different settings for the /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor like 1.9 and 1.4 but neither of those feel like it was yesterday. Maybe it is the angle of the camera? I don't know I'm stumped at the moment.
    1.9 was the default UI max on Monday.

Try 1 (the pre 7.0 default) and 2 (the pre-7.0 default UI slider max).

It should also be noted that a number of popular addons expanded the slider range to 15x1-15x2.6 during 7.0, so it is possible you were using something in the 2.1-2.6 range (unlikely since you seem to feel 1.9 is too far, but possible)
    Last edited by Azurfel; 2016-10-26 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    So you used 10. 10 was the maximum, you could type anything you want in the command...but 10 was the maximum
    Negative..
    In TBC and WOTLK, the max was 50.
    It was raised to 75 in Cataclysm... And then difference was very visible..
    And in Legion it was reduced to 6 (and then apparently 2,6)...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    How can you people play so zoomed out anyway? You can barely even see your character. I raided and tanked with the slider set to short, worked fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    The addon MaxCam should still be working, right?
    It stopped working over a month ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    How can you people play so zoomed out anyway? You can barely even see your character. I raided and tanked with the slider set to short, worked fine...
    Further zoomed camera = see more things

We don't play WoW to stare at our character's back the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Further zoomed camera = see more things

We don't play WoW to stare at our character's back the whole time.
    And with the zoom many people use everything becomes so small you barely see it, plus most of the extra things you see are for the most part pointless, unless perhaps you're a raid leader but even then you'll see peoples mistakes more easily in the logs after the fight anyway.

And with the zoom many people use everything becomes so small you barely see it
    Lol.

The only way you could possibly zoom out far enough for "everything" to be so small that you "barely see it" is with external addons that allow you to far surpass the maximum camera zoom.

This was max camera zoom back in MoP: http://i.imgur.com/OCFFU8u.jpg

If that's "so small that you can barely see it", then I'd suggest getting your eyes checked.

plus most of the extra things you see are for the most part pointless
    The tens of thousands of people demanding longer camera zoom when it got nerfed, disagree.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-26 at 04:33 PM.