Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BM hunter DPS loss after patch

ANy BM experiecing some weird DPS loss after patch?

Edit 1: BW is giving hati and tamed beast 31% damage increase instead of the 46% from traits + Bestial Fury Talent
    Last edited by zaphre; 2016-10-26 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't level my hunter to 110, but I'm hearing people say that their hunters are doing less damage. As if BM needed any less damage. Hopefully it's investigated quickly. A couple of other classes accidentally got baseline damage nerfs today and Blizzard is hotfixing.

Seems to me that they're trying their darndest to push Hunters into SV.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    ANy BM experiecing some weird DPS loss after patch?
    No, but I would not be surprised with the silly amount of bugs and stealth nerfs in this patch.

I'm experiencing 10-20% loss of DPS on EN bosses compared to my previsous logs....

Keep up the good, fruitful investigation guys.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how accurate wowprogess is but yesterday I simmed at 281k dps with 26 traits as BM.

Today I simmed at 271k with 27 traits.

Something is wrong.

Yeah I noticed it doing mythics earlier, usually end a fight at 600k-650 and now was under 600 everytime. Definitely something bugged for BM or they silently did something.

It SEEMS, that every time i launch a Dire Beast, my next damaging hability is not dealing any damage, can anyone else try to replicate this?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Keep up the good, fruitful investigation guys.
    Now *this* is an informative post. Take notes, people!
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems the BM hate train has arrived

I can say with 100% certainty that Im getting less focus for some reason on openers. Im now becoming focus starved during my opener with Killer Cobra during lust. This NEVER happened before tuesday. I would often be over focus if I got even 1 Dire Beast proc.

I made this post over on the official forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749868196

I don't know what is going on, but all of my abilities are hitting for far less than they were yesterday.

100% confirmed, BW is giving Hati and Tamed Beast 31% buff and not the 46% from the Bestial Fury talent.

Can't post the imgur link

And just as was starting to calm my paranoia after today's raid, you guys drop that bomb. Can someone please confirm if BF talent is bugged or BW ability as a whole.
    PS: Just tested it on a target dummy ingame. Indeed, the Bestial Fury talent does not work - pet basic attacks barely increase in power with BW on. Just speccing into Blink Strikes, pets show much stronger (by something like 20%) basic attacks than a pet attacking with BW + BF engaged.
    On a side note there are 3 global world quests objectives up at the moment, instead of 1. An opportunity to get 3 caches instead of usual 1 for today.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2016-10-26 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    And just as was starting to calm my paranoia after today's raid, you guys drop that bomb. Can someone please confirm if BF talent is bugged or BW ability as a whole.
    PS: Just tested it on a target dummy ingame. Indeed, the Bestial Fury talent does not work - pet basic attacks barely increase in power with BW on. Just speccing into Blink Strikes, pets show much stronger (by something like 20%) basic attacks than a pet attacking with BW + BF engaged.
    On a side note there are 3 global world quests objectives up at the moment, instead of 1. An opportunity to get 3 caches instead of usual 1 for today.

If you look at the pet buff tooltip, BOTH hati and tamed beast buff tooltip shows only 31% buff

Yep, damage was down significantly. I can also confirm it's Bestial Fury not working with our pets. It's not just the tooltip either. Kill Command damage is the same with or without talent.

At first I thought maybe the prolonged power potion was not working or just terrible since that was the only real change, but this explains it.
    Last edited by BendakWoW; 2016-10-26 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Yep, damage was down significantly. I can also confirm it's Bestial Fury not working with our pets. It's not just the tooltip either. Kill Command damage is the same with or without talent.

At first I thought maybe the prolonged power potion was not working or just terrible since that was the only real change, but this explains it.
    ...wait what....I thought something was up when doing a 5 man...my damage appeared lower....but by raid I didn't feel like this wasn't the case....did they hotfixed it? I hit new records last night on all the fights with the same gear i had last week....

Deleted
    Lets just hope it is only a bug and they fix it fast - just make sure to report the bug!

Deleted
    Can confirm that all my abilities are doing significantly less damage, in addition to the BW bug giving pets 31% instead of %46. I'm doing overall 15-20% less damage, KC is critting for roughly 100-120k less than it should. Kinda odd that no official response has been given out yet when it's obviously a bug affecting the spec on all fronts.