Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Monday and Thursday games just shouldn't exist. There is nothing they can do to make them decent games, regardless of the teams playing.
    I won't disagree, with the exception of the Thanksgiving day games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monday and Thursday games just shouldn't exist. There is nothing they can do to make them decent games, regardless of the teams playing.
    Football on only one day sounds like I will never get to watch football again

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case you didn't know, Pat McAfee is awesome https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...63579825053696

So Bears have yet another primetime game this week, haven't we suffered enough of that this season? I suppose that's a good thing as an European though, it being in the middle of the night means I can just go to bed.

Denver traded a late round pick (seen 5th rounder, no idea if it is conditional or something) to the Pats for AJ Derby. Is he any good at blocking? Hopefully this means John Phillips gets to go away, he has been really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver traded a late round pick (seen 5th rounder, no idea if it is conditional or something) to the Pats for AJ Derby. Is he any good at blocking? Hopefully this means John Phillips gets to go away, he has been really bad.
    More a pass catcher than a blocker. Buried in NE cause of Gronk and Bennet.

I am really REALLY surprised they let him go though. He showed some flashes catching the ball in preseason. I was sure he'd be the no. 2 option when Bennet moves on after this year. The only logical solution I see is if Bennet is somehow going to get an extension in NE. That would be a real shocker though. Dude is easily top 5 TE in the league when he's got it turned on, we'd have to pay him big time to stay, which we pretty much can;t, cause we have several big time defensive extensions coming up. Bennet, on the open market after this season, would easily get 8-10 Million a year, which I can't imagine the Patriots are willing to pay him that.

All in all a very confusing situation.

Patriots also sent a 6th rounder to the Lions for a 7th rounder and a linebacker, Kyle van Noy, who was a second round pick a few years back. Practically stole him. Not like he wasn't playing, cause he played in every game for the Lions this year and had 23 tackles. Patriots had an issue at linebacker cause of Freeny and Elandon Roberts being hurt and McClellen being both hurt and ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    More a pass catcher than a blocker. Buried in NE cause of Gronk and Bennet.
    Guess that works too for a #2 TE, since Virgil Green is an extremely good blocker. Probably worth it for a 5th if he can actually contribute, the other 2 TEs behind Green have been pretty much useless. Gave up the same thing for Vernon Davis last year and he did nothing though, can't be any worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess that works too for a #2 TE, since Virgil Green is an extremely good blocker. Probably worth it for a 5th if he can actually contribute, the other 2 TEs behind Green have been pretty much useless. Gave up the same thing for Vernon Davis last year and he did nothing though, can't be any worse.
    Patriots beat mused that he should be able to fulfill the Owen Daniels role in Denver. I hope he works out for you, cause I liked the guy. Was pretty sure he;d be a servicable TE, but, as usual, in Bill We Trust.

Though, I'm pretty sure Denver goes by the Mantra "In Elway We Trust" so either Elway got it right and he's a good TE that helps you or Bill is right and he won't help you. There's zero chance Belichick would knowingly help a direct competitor get better mid season, so he must think that he won't or not enough to make any meaningful difference.

The more I think about this trade the stranger it gets though. I've never seen Belichick trade a player with upside to a competitor like this.

If reports are accurate, CJ Anderson could miss a few weeks. Has a bruised bone or something, but he played most of the game after it. Guess that is 1 way to get Booker more carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiller cut again.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The more I think about this trade the stranger it gets though. I've never seen Belichick trade a player with upside to a competitor like this.
    It's OK though, you guys got Kyle van Noy to stink up the middle of the field on defence.

Tennessee Titans vs Jacksonville Jaguers

Hmm Titans at home where bad against the Indi Colts on Sunday.
    Jacksonville Jags where bad against the Oakland Raiders.

So where is my $10 going to go..??
    I have this strange feeling that the Jags signed up some good players before season, but they have not performed.
    Maybe this is time to show off some of their talent

Jacksonville Jags did beat the Indi Colts in the UK 3 weeks ago...so they have some ability.

Bring back Tom Coughlin some may want Jags supporters to say, but he aint coaching anymore

Jacksonville Jags by 8

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Tennessee Titans vs Jacksonville Jaguers

Hmm Titans at home where bad against the Indi Colts on Sunday.
    Jacksonville Jags where bad against the Oakland Raiders.

So where is my $10 going to go..??
    I have this strange feeling that the Jags signed up some good players before season, but they have not performed.
    Maybe this is time to show off some of their talent
    That game will depend on if the Titans can get to the red zone or not. Jags are a bad team with a bad QB that turns over the ball a ton and gets all of his stats in garbage time. Titans are a poorly coached team with a misused QB that is extremely good in the red zone, but they have issues getting there. Probably best just to ignore this game and pretend there is no Thursday game this week.

The Jags spend money every off season on overrated players coming off their only good season, then they do nothing. They have to do it though to stay above the cap floor, so doesn't hurt them any to try it.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-10-27 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting this to be one of the worst games of the season.

I'd say the worst, but Seahawks/Cardinals is now a thing stuck in everyone's memory forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the guys who burgled DeMarcus Ware's house got busted and his stuff, including his super bowl ring, was recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It seems the guys who burgled DeMarcus Ware's house got busted and his stuff, including his super bowl ring, was recovered.
    That's good to hear, Ware is at least in the top 10 of my all time favorite NFL players.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    C.J Anderson is expected to be out for several weeks with a torn meniscus.

Week 8 (9-6 wk 7):

Jaguars/Titans
    Redskins/Bengals
    Cardinals/Panthers
    Lions/Texans
    Saints/Seahawks
    Chiefs/Colts
    Jets/Browns
    Patriots/Bills (wouldn't be surprised if Bills won, though)
    Raiders/Buccaneers
    Chargers/Broncos
    Packers/Falcons
    Eagles/Cowboys
    Vikings/Bears
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2016-10-27 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Updating injury status

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    C.J Anderson is expected to be out for the season it seems based on MRI scans.

Week 8 (9-6 wk 7):

Jaguars/Titans
    Redskins/Bengals
    Cardinals/Panthers
    Lions/Texans
    Saints/Seahawks
    Chiefs/Colts
    Jets/Browns
    Patriots/Bills (wouldn't be surprised if Bills won, though)
    Raiders/Buccaneers
    Chargers/Broncos
    Packers/Falcons
    Eagles/Cowboys
    Vikings/Bears
    If you're talking about the Rappaport tweet, CJ Anderson immediately denied it. Further information supposed to come later today.

I really wonder what the people that robbed D Ware were thinking.

There are rumors that Elway is trying to get Sheldon Richardson from the Jets. Doubt it is likely, especially after the Joe Thomas stuff last year, but that would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    C.J Anderson is expected to be out for the season it seems based on MRI scans.
    CJ Anderson himself said the report is false, and they will know more later today. Only thing that has been confirmed from actually reputable writers is no ACL tear. He was getting a second opinion yesterday. Could mean he has something else, or it is just a bad writer trying to get the jump on something, After all, he is the same guy that said Larry Fitzgerald was retiring. Even if he is done, Booker has been better anyway.

In other injury news, Andy Janovich has a cast on his hand, guess he broke something else other than a facemask or helmet this week. Limits what he can do from a receiving and ball carrying point, but Kubiak hasn't really been using him much there anyway.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-10-27 at 05:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    One can hope it stays false. Didn't he finish the game after the injury anyway or did he step out? Didn't watch the entire game.

Turns out CJ did have something else, he has a torn meniscus. Not a season ending injury, just kind of lengthy one. Booker was Utah's whole offense, so I doubt he will have problems with a full workload, especially considering how good he has been in pass protection for a rookie.