Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    all the crystal ships are owned by the naaru.
    Not anymore.
    The Exodar is now in Velen's hands, since the Naaru was killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinthakis View Post
    This is kind of a two part question but what happened to Tempest Keep?

As we know, Tempest Keep was the Dimensional Fortress used to save the Draenei by getting them from Argus to Draenor. At some point is got taken over by Kael'thas and during TBC we cleared the whole structure out of enemies. So why did the Draenei never reclaim the Dimensional Fortress and take it back to Azeroth?

Also why wasn't there a version of it in WoD?
    I'd like to point out that the Draenei did not travel from Argus to Draenor, but lived on X planets before. They left whenever the Legion was about to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Not anymore.
    The Exodar is now in Velen's hands, since the Naaru was killed.
    Just because he controls it doesn't mean it is his, it is still a Naaru ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The tempest keep belongs to the Naaru, the Draenei merely took control of one of its wings, the exodar and the fled from Outland back in BC. Every space ship the draenei ever had were not their own.
    Wait, so the Draenei haven't mastered space flight? They just had Naaru cruise control?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Wait, so the Draenei haven't mastered space flight? They just had Naaru cruise control?
    yes.
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Less "cruise control" and more "teleport control."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Just because he controls it doesn't mean it is his, it is still a Naaru ship.
    Which could become a future point of contention between the Naaru and the Draenei under Velen, if they Devs choose to play it that way. O'ros always struck me as kind of being Velen's charge or ward, in a sense - its death while ostensibly "on loan" to the Draenei could have some impact with Sha'tar faction back on Outland.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Sad that with WoW they are limited to telling one focused storyline per expansion (and a bit of the others, but we cant see most of the changes affect the world).
    Would be nice if they did book or comics on whats currently going on in the rest of the worlds, and why some characters haven't appeared since X thing etc.

There are a couple Naaru at outland so it would've been possible that that they reclaimed it, or the Army of Light sent in reinforcements to reclaim it. Would also be interesting to know how far Outland has deteriorated over the past decade.

That is correct, which is also the reason they were finally stuck on draenor, their ship was no longer working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Which could become a future point of contention between the Naaru and the Draenei under Velen, if they Devs choose to play it that way. O'ros always struck me as kind of being Velen's charge or ward, in a sense - its death while ostensibly "on loan" to the Draenei could have some impact with Sha'tar faction back on Outland.
    Possible, though I am not certain how far Velen is willing to go, after all his people owe everything to the Naaru.

The sunfury learned how to create such tech, but it is extremely unlikely Kael took the tempest keep, that is too much of a gamechanger to be honest and it wouldn't make sense that his reinforcements were arriving by boat and through portals back in bc.
    I wonder where they got the boats? And where they poofed into Azeroth from Outland? Maybe they came in through portals into Silvermoon City like "hey, it's us, and prince Kael'thas is leading us, we're coming back home" and they hadn't heard from Outland about how Kael'thas was with the Legion now, and they stole M'uru, then hijacked boats from Silvermoon's harbor that exists in canon, but not shown in-game, and took those to Quel'danas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I wonder where they got the boats? And where they poofed into Azeroth from Outland? Maybe they came in through portals into Silvermoon City like "hey, it's us, and prince Kael'thas is leading us, we're coming back home" and they hadn't heard from Outland about how Kael'thas was with the Legion now, and they stole M'uru, then hijacked boats from Silvermoon's harbor that exists in canon, but not shown in-game, and took those to Quel'danas?
    The Sunhawks on Bloodmyst Isles could open portals from Netherstorm onto Azeroth with a little aid, I'm imagining Kael'thas used the massive reserves of mana he'd stored up in Tempest Keep and opened his own private portals to funnel in the Dawnblade and Shadowsword forces into Silvermoon, take M'uru, and then used the boats at the shores to make a beeline for the Isle of Quel'danas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Sunhawks on Bloodmyst Isles could open portals from Netherstorm onto Azeroth with a little aid, I'm imagining Kael'thas used the massive reserves of mana he'd stored up in Tempest Keep and opened his own private portals to funnel in the Dawnblade and Shadowsword forces into Silvermoon, take M'uru, and then used the boats at the shores to make a beeline for the Isle of Quel'danas.
    Yup, must have taken a lot of their mana. Shortly before BC or before Vanilla, it took so much mana that they could only send Rommath, a handful of magi, and M'uru.

I wish they'd handled the whole "Kael'thas is actually evil whaddyaknow" revelation better.

Blood Elf players quest through Eversong Woods and Ghostlands listening to how Kael'thas is their awesome leader and they all want to get to Outland to join him, they help the Horde a little here and there before going to Outland at 58, they go to Thrallmar where they see a Blood Elf directing Blood Elf pilgrims to Falcon Watch to the west, you go there, and it's like a rest area for Sin'dorei traveling on their way to Kael'thas, you go to Zangarmarsh and fight naga if you're one of those weirdos who doesn't just go straight to Terokkar, then you go to Terokkar and walk into the Horde base and find that Kael'thas' forces there seem to consider their tenuous allies of the Horde to be enemies because the Horde are enemies of the Fel Horde who are Illidari as the Blood Elves are.

And the blood elf player just does as they're told and attack the greatest heroes of their people who went with Kael'thas to help Garithos against the Scourge.

There's no big "uwah?? Evil??? Crazy..."

Just "Kill my people when the last instance of this plot thread was me and everyone else believing that we serve Kael'thas and want nothing more than to be reunited with him and the Sunfury? Okay!"

There is the thing with a tauren and night elf from the Cenarion Circle Expedition sending players to that big red gem that's affecting the rock things in the area, but I can't see the Blood Elves betraying their prince at that point just because of environmental concerns on a dying world. The Blood Elves respect nature and all, and are sad when it becomes necessary to harm it (like the Scorched Grove at the river between Eversong Woods and Ghostlands), but they'd likely conclude that Kael'thas' elves must have had a good reason, or they'd simply consider rocky elementals to be savage caveman nonsense their Horde allies might be interested in, but they wouldn't.

Then they go to Shattrath and find that the Scryers have betrayed Kael'thas because...reasons. The only reason we can gather is because they're fighting the Naaru, and because the Naaru are Light, they're good or something.

Lorewise, I doubt the Blood Knights were allowed in Shattrath or at least not accepted like the rest of the Alliance and Horde were, considering how they react to Liadrin.

So it's weird to go from Falcon Watch where everyone loves Kael'thas, to the Horde base in Terokkar where Kael'thas is attacking and we immediately are apparently more loyal to the orcs who harmed our kingdom in the Second War and basically just gave us a little support in defense on the way to and through Outland, and their friends, over our crown prince who we consider a hero and our savior from our addiction to magic. Then go to Shattrath where we effectively swear off Kael'thas as a traitor to Quel'thalas and join the Scryers (or Aldor but I find that highly unlikely from a lore perspective), just because their leader says he had a vision where the Naaru told him to leave Kael'thas.

Wouldn't you expect the commander of your enemy to tell you to betray your leader and join them instead?

Yup, must have taken a lot of their mana. Shortly before BC or before Vanilla, it took so much mana that they could only send Rommath, a handful of magi, and M'uru.

I wish they'd handled the whole "Kael'thas is actually evil whaddyaknow" revelation better.

Blood Elf players quest through Eversong Woods and Ghostlands listening to how Kael'thas is their awesome leader and they all want to get to Outland to join him, they help the Horde a little here and there before going to Outland at 58, they go to Thrallmar where they see a Blood Elf directing Blood Elf pilgrims to Falcon Watch to the west, you go there, and it's like a rest area for Sin'dorei traveling on their way to Kael'thas, you go to Zangarmarsh and fight naga if you're one of those weirdos who doesn't just go straight to Terokkar, then you go to Terokkar and walk into the Horde base and find that Kael'thas' forces there seem to consider their tenuous allies of the Horde to be enemies because the Horde are enemies of the Fel Horde who are Illidari as the Blood Elves are.

And the blood elf player just does as they're told and attack the greatest heroes of their people who went with Kael'thas to help Garithos against the Scourge.

There's no big "uwah?? Evil??? Crazy..."

Just "Kill my people when the last instance of this plot thread was me and everyone else believing that we serve Kael'thas and want nothing more than to be reunited with him and the Sunfury? Okay!"

There is the thing with a tauren and night elf from the Cenarion Circle Expedition sending players to that big red gem that's affecting the rock things in the area, but I can't see the Blood Elves betraying their prince at that point just because of environmental concerns on a dying world. The Blood Elves respect nature and all, and are sad when it becomes necessary to harm it (like the Scorched Grove at the river between Eversong Woods and Ghostlands), but they'd likely conclude that Kael'thas' elves must have had a good reason, or they'd simply consider rocky elementals to be savage caveman nonsense their Horde allies might be interested in, but they wouldn't.

Then they go to Shattrath and find that the Scryers have betrayed Kael'thas because...reasons. The only reason we can gather is because they're fighting the Naaru, and because the Naaru are Light, they're good or something.

Lorewise, I doubt the Blood Knights were allowed in Shattrath or at least not accepted like the rest of the Alliance and Horde were, considering how they react to Liadrin.

So it's weird to go from Falcon Watch where everyone loves Kael'thas, to the Horde base in Terokkar where Kael'thas is attacking and we immediately are apparently more loyal to the orcs who harmed our kingdom in the Second War and basically just gave us a little support in defense on the way to and through Outland, and their friends, over our crown prince who we consider a hero and our savior from our addiction to magic. Then go to Shattrath where we effectively swear off Kael'thas as a traitor to Quel'thalas and join the Scryers (or Aldor but I find that highly unlikely from a lore perspective), just because their leader says he had a vision where the Naaru told him to leave Kael'thas.

Wouldn't you expect the commander of your enemy to tell you to betray your leader and join them instead?
    You entirely skipped the part where they show up at Shatrath and find out that the Sin'Dorei are now a split faction with Kael in the direct service of Illidan - whom at the time as far as every player knows was still under the defacto control of the Legion - or at least was hiding out from them and possibly had directed the demonic invasion pre-BC event and is considered the tyrant of Outland.

Basically we have 40-odd levels of being told the Sin'Dorei are now part of the Horde family and should fight anyone who tries to break up that family. Then we get to Outland and the great prophet of the Blood Elves says "yeah, huge vision, we all gonna die. BIGLY! Unless we join up with these wind-chimes, fantastic wind-chimes, the best."

Then when KT is finally defeated there's a big ol' sigil hung in the air next to A'Dal and we get told the Legion is coming.

Pretty much Kael is a cult of personality and non-entity as far as most in Silvermoon are concerned. We're told he's out there and he's coming and then when we find out that he's addicted to fel energy (Thanks Illidan!) and is planning on turning all of the Sin'Dorei into slaves of the Legion it's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You entirely skipped the part where they show up at Shatrath and find out that the Sin'Dorei are now a split faction with Kael in the direct service of Illidan - whom at the time as far as every player knows was still under the defacto control of the Legion - or at least was hiding out from them and possibly had directed the demonic invasion pre-BC event and is considered the tyrant of Outland.

Basically we have 40-odd levels of being told the Sin'Dorei are now part of the Horde family and should fight anyone who tries to break up that family. Then we get to Outland and the great prophet of the Blood Elves says "yeah, huge vision, we all gonna die. BIGLY! Unless we join up with these wind-chimes, fantastic wind-chimes, the best."

Then when KT is finally defeated there's a big ol' sigil hung in the air next to A'Dal and we get told the Legion is coming.

Pretty much Kael is a cult of personality and non-entity as far as most in Silvermoon are concerned. We're told he's out there and he's coming and then when we find out that he's addicted to fel energy (Thanks Illidan!) and is planning on turning all of the Sin'Dorei into slaves of the Legion it's a problem.
    No, the elves in Azeroth didn't even know Kael'thas and Illidan had a ton of demons walking around that they were working with, and you don't see any Legion demons among them until Netherstorm.

And even after those 40-odd levels, the Blood Elves were still unwaveringly loyal to Kael'thas and had full confidence in him at Falcon Watch.

You know that Kael'thas was working with Illidan for the entire playing experience. Illidan is highly respected among the Blood Elves because Kael'thas respects him, and they revere Kael'thas. They refer to him as "Lord" Illidan, and the goal of every Blood Elf player is to get to Outland to join their prince and serve him again.

I didn't skip the part about being a split faction, I mentioned the Scryers. I just said that they immediately side with the Scryers for no other reason than Voren'thal saying the leader of their prince's enemies convinced him to betray his prince and join them, like any commander would love to do. Everyone would try to convince their enemy's underlings to turn coat and join them instead.

The Blood Elves would surely have known about Hellfire Citadel and that their allies in the Horde were fighting them, because they'd have to go passed it (likely with great risk) to get to Falcon Watch. And they were still loyal to Kael'thas.

Kael'thas not-dying in Tempest Keep was after the Blood Elf player switches allegiances with no explanation.

There should have been some Blood Elf-only quests at a base belonging to Kael's forces, where they finally join them, and are happy at first, then are slowly exposed to more dastardly deeds like bombing the Horde and Alliance bases in Terokkar, and they're confused, and leave to figure things out, then go to Shattrath, then are told everything from Voren'thal, and are visibly sad that Kael'thas seems to be evil, then they go to Netherstorm to quest there and try to convince the Sunfury to stop, but can't, and have to fight them too.

Not saying they would be totally on board with Kael's actions in Outland once they got there, but you don't travel such a long distance, moving heaven and earth to reunite with your hero, only to immediately switch loyalties at the first inclination that Kael'thas might be evil. Blood Elves have no qualms about mistreating those they see as lesser or hated beings. If they saw Kael's elves mistreating Broken Draenei, they would probably assume that the Broken Draenei were hated in a similar fashion to the Amani trolls. They wouldn't immediately say "You're evil, your highness, I'm gonna fight you now."

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinthakis View Post
    This is kind of a two part question but what happened to Tempest Keep?

As we know, Tempest Keep was the Dimensional Fortress used to save the Draenei by getting them from Argus to Draenor. At some point is got taken over by Kael'thas and during TBC we cleared the whole structure out of enemies. So why did the Draenei never reclaim the Dimensional Fortress and take it back to Azeroth?

Also why wasn't there a version of it in WoD?
    WRONG!!!!
    Oshu'gun, or as it's orignally called, the Genedar, is the ship used to Flee from Argus!

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it happened.

Deleted
    The tempest keep transcends all realities, from the looks of it, there is only one in existence. Because it was stuck in MU it never made it to AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    The tempest keep transcends all realities, from the looks of it, there is only one in existence. Because it was stuck in MU it never made it to AU.
    Why would it be on AU Draenor? It wasn't on MU Draenor 35 years ago either.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rather, we simply should have had the Illidari as a third faction. Blood Elves, Naga, Broken, Fel Orcs.
    That would have indeed been neat. And forget about the whole bgs thing, just gotta make bgs faction-less, with two teams filling up with players from any faction.