Incarnation/celestial alignment

So I have a question about using abilities in incarnation or CA. So I was analyzing my sim craft for my character without lust or augmentS on a 6 minute patchwerk fight. So one thing I did notice was that me trying to get 2 full moons while in incarnation is quite a significant loss. The way I was able to determine that was by looking at the dps values of the sim and then my own. And most things had a decent difference in value but the starsurge damage value was very low but I had 11 more SS casts than the sim and more starsurge damage in the same time length So I went to only using one full moon and get more SS while in incarnation and was able to push out about 15k more dps and my SS dps value was pretty close to the sim.

Tldr what are do and donts while in incarnation or celestial alignment?
    Last edited by Chilibowl; 2016-10-29 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    Not quite sure about your question honestly, your spell usage while in incarnation depends on what stage in the fight you are using it.
    On a pull incarnation you can only do 1 full moon while in incarnation, you can squeeze in 2x half moon if you want to. After that it will just wary depending on when you use your next incarn(s).

I guess what you are asking is if it's worth using full moon while in Incarn or holding on to it until after incarn as long as you don't overcap moon charges or?

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Not quite sure about your question honestly, your spell usage while in incarnation depends on what stage in the fight you are using it.
    On a pull incarnation you can only do 1 full moon while in incarnation, you can squeeze in 2x half moon if you want to. After that it will just wary depending on when you use your next incarn(s).

I guess what you are asking is if it's worth using full moon while in Incarn or holding on to it until after incarn as long as you don't overcap moon charges or?
    What I'm asking is what is the ideal scenario and "rotation" while in incarnation. By scenario I mean should I be nearly capped with AP before using it, etc. I don't mean when lust or other buffs are up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilibowl View Post
    What I'm asking is what is the ideal scenario and "rotation" while in incarnation. By scenario I mean should I be nearly capped with AP before using it, etc. I don't mean when lust or other buffs are up
    As I said, it all depends. There is no "ideal" scenario really, you just pop it as soon as it comes back on cooldown except when you need to hold it for a certain phase/BL. The rotation doesn't change.

Get as many Moon spells, Empowered spells, and Starsurges off as possible. There's no magical rotation to do. The only real suggestions would be to ensure that you won't have to refresh DoTs and to try and have 2 Moon spells ready to go.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second reply is closer to the truth. But realistically to min max you want empowerments already up, almost full ap and two moon charges for more ap and more empowerments. Now depending on trinkets, you shouldn't just use it when it's off cd, unless you're killing a boss in exactly 3.30 or 6.30 and doing so allows a full extra use. If you're likely to kill the boss in-between or after that you should be considering boss mechanics leading to movement, dps checks on prio targets and trinket procs. Using it straight off cd is almost always a loss in some way.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    The second reply is closer to the truth. But realistically to min max you want empowerments already up, almost full ap and two moon charges for more ap and more empowerments. Now depending on trinkets, you shouldn't just use it when it's off cd, unless you're killing a boss in exactly 3.30 or 6.30 and doing so allows a full extra use. If you're likely to kill the boss in-between or after that you should be considering boss mechanics leading to movement, dps checks on prio targets and trinket procs. Using it straight off cd is almost always a loss in some way.
    While what you are saying is true, the best trinkets right now doesn't have a proc that impacts our CD usage (Most people running arcanocrystal,plaguehive,baton,naraxxas). I have the ring so I guess my view is skewed since I only have a 1.5min cd on my incarn which makes using it almost instantly the best option on a lot of encounters. Obviously you'd have to be stupid to use it before you got mc on nythendra or 5 sec before renferal is swapping platform or something stupid like that.

It's true that you want empowerments allready up but unless you have dreamcatcher you won't really have any spare empowerments outside of incarnation most of the time.