Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Several, including myself, have said that Vanilla servers are not a crime. Several have said that -stealing- is a crime. It doesn't matter -why- you steal, what your rational, your logic, your opinions, thoughts or beliefs are, because factually, stealing is a crime. Anywhere.

You steal in the middle east, you get your hand(s) cut off or worse. You steal in the USA, you get jail time. You steal, you're in the wrong.

I've never once said Grow up, Move On or Forget Vanilla in the last four hours i've been responding. I've been taking your asinine and frankly terrible analogies and giving you reasons why they're wrong, but you've gone and fixated on an argument I've never once stated or claimed.

Like a tried and true Pro-Legacy zealot would.

You've gone and lost all your credibility with this most recent post, but your last few were pretty bad as well.

Your opinion on what is 'Morally correct' is your opinion, but still very much -wrong-.

Either come up with better analogies and thoughts or don't and don't be taken with any grain of seriousness.
    It never gets old to watch pro-Retail people worm their way out of Legacy logic and introduce their own spin.

Many said this, Many said that ...

The reality is the former version is no longer available to play. Blizzard and their overpaid lawyers may say they hold the rights, and thus nobody ever can play again. It's not going very well for them, it seems. For every one server that got shut down 10 more spring up. It might be 50. I look at the popular ones and would say 10.

Blizzard needs to come to reality and do effort to work with fans, and release an official Blizzard Battlenet Legacy Server. They are losing the battle, their tight reigns get weaker and weaker the more they resist.

Retail fans are funny. They really think Blizzard will give more content if they help deny Legacy (and in their minds force more to play a retail game that the people they are forcing seem to dislike). Haha more revenue =/= more content .. dream on, it's all going to other projects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    -snip-
    You should really read my responses on page 1626.

I'm not pro retail or pro legacy.

**edit: and cherry picking what you respond to and ignoring others is really awesome btw..

I have anti-stupid though.
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2016-10-29 at 08:46 PM.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Member resist gear?
    Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    You should really read my responses on page 1626.

I'm not pro retail or pro legacy.

**edit: and cherry picking what you respond to and ignoring others is really awesome btw..

I have anti-stupid though.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

FYI, I picked the last page and responded, so no cherry picking. Whatever.

I'm glad to see there are so many upstanding individuals here who have never downloaded anything illegally, and can pose as a shining example of moral superiority over us bad people that play on pservers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    I'm glad to see there are so many upstanding individuals here who have never downloaded anything illegally, and can pose as a shining example of moral superiority over us bad people that play on pservers.
    And *woosh* goes the point.

Deleted
    i never played on private server because waste of time , blizz will always shut it down so dont bother

Deleted
    That's why i was so surprised when i heard Nost had 1million registered accounts.
    I don't know many people with the balls to join the underground community of illegal servers.
    I thought only a handful of crazy fellas would do it. Hell i didn't even knew a server called Nostalrius even existed before the news blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That's why i was so surprised when i heard Nost had 1million registered accounts.
    I don't know many people with the balls to join the underground community of illegal servers.
    I thought only a handful of crazy fellas would do it. Hell i didn't even knew a server called Nostalrius even existed before the news blew up.
    Oh so now it is a million? Next it'll be 1.2 million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh so now it is a million? Next it'll be 1.2 million.
    Tomayto, tomahto

A side question for you: What do you suggest people do if they want to play Vanilla?
    1)play on a private server
    2)ask for legacy servers
    3)shut up and forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by exposer View Post
    i never played on private server because waste of time , blizz will always shut it down so dont bother
    The only server Blizz "shut down" was Nostalrius and another server making huge amounts of money, Nostalrius did it voluntarily. Several servers are still going after 5 years or more, and in no way are they going down anytime because of Blizz.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2016-10-29 at 09:33 PM.

Tomayto, tomahto

A side question for you: What do you suggest people do if they want to play Vanilla?
    2)ask for legacy servers
    Yeah making up numbers is fun isn't it?

And what does it matter what I suggest people do? As I've seen in this thread most of the people that seem to want Legacy don't even play on retail so why should I really care what they do? There is nothing wrong about being vocal trying to get the attention of Blizzard to show there is some demand, but making threats to never spend money on Blizz products or refuse to play retail until you get what you want isn't going to be that effective. Hell like I said most of the people making these threats don't even play retail to begin with so Blizz is losing out on 0 dollars from these people.

The problem I've had in this thread is demanding Vanilla as some sort of thing Blizz MUST give them or that people running private servers are heroes or some such nonsense. Blizz has a right to protect their product and demand private servers close. Blizz also does NOT have to provide Legacy realms.

And *woosh* goes the point.
    I salute you, upstanding individual.

Tomayto, tomahto
    eight hundred thousands does not equal a million.

Don't ypu (the general 'you', not you in particular) already do that?

2)ask for legacy servers
    The question has already been asked. Multiple times. I don't mind if they ask Blizzard about it, but non-stop insistence while at the same time basically discarding everything Blizzard tells them about it is just plain annoying. And, frankly, childish, in my opinion.

If you (again, the general 'you') are going to ignore what Blizzard tells you about the subject and you are going to make up your own pseudo-facts to support whatever narrative you want to push, then, yes, 'shut up and forget about it', if you cannot discuss things without resorting to insults and made-up fairy tales.

- - - Updated - - -

Nostalrius did it voluntarily.
    I recall there was a C&D. In other words, no, it wasn't voluntary.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-10-29 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah making up numbers is fun isn't it?

And what does it matter what I suggest people do? As I've seen in this thread most of the people that seem to want Legacy don't even play on retail so why should I really care what they do? There is nothing wrong about being vocal trying to get the attention of Blizzard to show there is some demand, but making threats to never spend money on Blizz products or refuse to play retail until you get what you want isn't going to be that effective. Hell like I said most of the people making these threats don't even play retail to begin with so Blizz is losing out on 0 dollars from these people.
    Because there aren't many choices to take, you either be vocal on forums or became a criminal to play in a pirate server.

The problem I've had in this thread is demanding Vanilla as some sort of thing Blizz MUST give them or that people running private servers are heroes or some such nonsense. Blizz has a right to protect their product and demand private servers close. Blizz also does NOT have to provide Legacy realms.
    People are just mad about Blizzard closing vanilla servers and not making one themselves.
    Which is basically saying "we don't want anyone to play Vanilla". Is the same thing.
    And nobody likes to be told what one must do or not do. Much less what one is supposed to like or not.
    #you_think_you_do_but_you_don't

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you (again, the general 'you') are going to ignore what Blizzard tells you about the subject and you are going to make up your own pseudo-facts to support whatever narrative you want to push, then, yes, 'shut up and forget about it', if you cannot discuss things without resorting to insults and made-up fairy tales.
    Hey i never insulted anyone.
    I just try to make people see the moral side of the story and not just the "criminal" part of it. We all know it's a crime but *insert 1600 pages of saying the same thing over and over*
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-29 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I literally played legion for about a month and a half, and unsubbed without hesitation, the game is simply a shadow of what it used to be I wouldn't even play it for free at this point, from the pathetic pvp, removal of everything unique about classes, gear has no meaning anymore, the none existent communitys, and repttitve content, along with the pathetic looking New bouncy models, I just couldnt bare it any longer. I will never play retail wow again, if they release classic servers I may think about it though.
    Your 7600 achi points prove you never played the game anyway

People are just mad about Blizzard closing vanilla servers and not making one themselves.
    Which is basically saying "we don't want anyone to play Vanilla". Is the same thing.

And nobody likes to be told what one must do or not do. Much less what one is supposed to like or not.
    #you_think_you_do_but_you_don't
    Tough shit. If Blizz does not make one they do not have to and they can attempt to shut down any PS they wish. Don't like it? Tough. It isn't like you are paying Blizz for anything anyways.

It would be like people demanding 'New Coke' back after Coca-Cola switched back to Coke Classic. Instead of just demanding it return they go as far as to start using a copy of the formula they found and making the product and then putting it in a Coke Can and calling it Coke and then give it away to people for 'donations'. You think Coca-Cola wouldn't be in their rights to send a cease and desist? Just because you miss something that has changed but still exists as a product (WoW or Coke) and demand the old one return does not mean they have to give in to your bitching about it.

And I could give a flying fuck if you like being told what to do or not. Go play on private servers just don't bitch when they get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I recall there was a C&D. In other words, no, it wasn't voluntary.
    All major pservers has got a c&d, if not all. They ignored it, and they are still standing

Hey i never insulted anyone.
    Read it again. I wrote "the general 'you'", not 'you' in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

All major pservers has got a c&d, if not all. They ignored it, and they are still standing
    They did? Where did you get that info?

Deleted
    In their eyes (and many) they are the Robin Hood (the good guy but a criminal) because they are hosting something that have no other way to be played. Only by breaking the law.
    but they are NOT Robin Hood, Robin provided the people with stuff they needed to SURVIVE.
    Noone dies cause theres no vanilla server....
    non profit via cash shop/subscription/rewards for donations.
    Thats what you CLAIM since pages WITHOUT fucking prove so I dont belive you. And the HOSTER of said server DID make a profit.
    Some people say it's morally right to have Vanilla servers to recapture a old piece of history that shouldn't be lost in nothingness.
    legally its not.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard have no interest in Vanilla. They left that part of history die.
    No, they let that part evolve.
    What you try is to make your toddler to stay 3 forever and never letting him grow up. Times Change. DEAL WITH IT.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying is not morally wrong either.
    No it IS morally wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

and still they only had like 1/6 of them as active.

- - - Updated - - -

Same you suggest to people who say they would like to relive the 50ies.....