Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Its funny how they threw in a Light-harnessing Nathrezim, just to give the Illidan redemption thing more substance. Its clear which point they've tried to make; if a Nathrezim can be redeemed, then so can Illidan, so they just threw in a member of the most unreliable and devious species we've ever encountered and made him a champion of the Light.

A dreadlord with shiny armor comes in a spaceship, helps the rest kills one of his own(nothing new and nothing spectacular; Varimathras helped Sylvanas kill his own brethen too, while still serving Sargeras' agenda) and everybody is completely comfortable about it. Lothraxion could be a direct servant of Sargeras, just like Varimathras was. Killing or helping kill a dreadlord doesn't necessarily make a dreadlord good, as was witnessed in the past.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-10-08 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    We were going to Outland because legion demons were pouring through the Dark Portal and we wanted to clear this. Whenever we encountered Illidari troops they were outright hostile towards us. And outright evil. Sieging our cities, enslaving ‘natives’ (both draenei and orcs), controlling outland via water containment. Demons and therefore the Legion don’t need water in order to survive, only mortals and wildlife do.

So it is kind of irrelevant for the Alliance and Horde if the Illidari were also hostile towards the Legion. They were threatening us and our allies, and they were the bigger direct threat at that time.

Additionally the raid on Black Temple was also necessary. We needed to get their weapons and equipment in order to stop Kil’Jaeden from entering Azeroth through SWP. If X’era doesn’t understand that our motive wasn’t hatred but necessity then I’m sorry for it. If it was up to me I would hire some goblins and shoot that thing back into the sky.

I think in there are three possibilities what blizzard is doing here:

1. They screwed up the storytelling. WoW is an rpg and blizzard is usually really good at telling their story, while also keeping our characters motivation as vague as possible, so that we can fill the empty bits with the way we want our character to be. If the visions are just plain true, blizzard failed to do that here.
    2. The visions are told from the Naarus perspective. He isnt all knowing, he just observed what was happening and with his additional knowledge he got to the conclusion that we must be saved. This works, but also means we need to accept that Illidan will probably become a champion of the light. Grumble grumble. But okay. In the end its blizzards story. As long as they dont make a questchain showing me how much my character loved that idea, they can do that :>

3. The visions are lies to deceive us. This fits into the theme of the legion AND the old gods and happens to powerful people in the WoW Universe all the time. So it is about time it also happens to us. This also means, that blizzard isnt telling us what we think and as an added bonus, it means Illidan is not an angel. Obviously lots of people like this one. Guess we will see what actually happens.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Its funny how they threw in a Light-harnessing Nathrezim, just to give the Illidan redemption thing more substance. Its clear which point they've tried to make; if a Nathrezim can be redeemed, then so can Illidan, so they just threw in a member of the most unreliable and devious species we've ever encountered and made him a champion of the Light.

A dreadlord with shiny armor comes in a spaceship, helps the rest kills one of his own(nothing new and nothing spectacular; Varimathras helped Sylvanas kill his own brethen too, while still serving Sargeras' agenda) and everybody is completely comfortable about it. Lothraxion could be a direct servant of Sargeras, just like Varimathras was. Killing or helping kill a dreadlord doesn't necessarily make a dreadlord good, as was witnessed in the past.
    To be honest, If I would get choices in this Game, I would have commanded Liadrin to imprison this Lightlord and teach the other Silver Hand Paladins how to suck the Light out of him. Like Hell, why should I trust the Army of Light? They are not better than the Scarlet Crusade, blindly following their Naaru Leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    To be honest, If I would get choices in this Game, I would have commanded Liadrin to imprison this Lightlord and teach the other Silver Hand Paladins how to suck the Light out of him. Like Hell, why should I trust the Army of Light? They are not better than the Scarlet Crusade, blindly following their Naaru Leaders.
    Azeroth's forces are made to trust too easily after having experienced so many betrayals and deceptions in the past.

Light's Heart could be a vessel made by Kil'jaeden; the Turalyon and Alleria we see could simply be holograms/illusions and Lothraxion could be a spy. A Nathrezim came with a spaceship and won everyone over while they saw holographic images of Turalyon and Alleria.

It reeks of Kil'jaeden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    He? He who? You mean she?

Naa'ru are all gone? What nonsense is this? Velen is shocked when he realizes what he holds.

Have you guys even quested?

Her Illidan fandom is cringey, though..
    Honestly, I doubt Naaru even have gender as we understand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Azeroth's forces are made to trust too easily after having experienced so many betrayals and deceptions in the past.

Light's Heart could be a vessel made by Kil'jaeden; the Turalyon and Alleria we see could simply be holograms/illusions and Lothraxion could be a spy. A Nathrezim came with a spaceship and won everyone over while they saw holographic images of Turalyon and Alleria.

It reeks of Kil'jaeden.
    So you say I should let the Draenei let Lothraxions Light first and only share it to the true Silver Hand Knights once they don't turn into broken?

So you say I should let the Draenei let Lothraxions Light first and only share it to the true Silver Hand Knights once they don't turn into broken?
    You need to gas them with the shit that the Orcs used on Shattrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... they haven't taken arms against us, if they end up doing that, they will end up as the Scarlet Crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    So you say that you don't think that Son Goku is a guy?
    First of all, he has a male voice. Secondly, he is a guy, unlike a Naaru where you can't really tell. And last, what does that have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -

And were I come from, we attack beings or people who exist against our religious believes.
    Man that's savage man, your country needs to reach the 21st century. We are not in the 11th century anyone you know? Why would anyone attack others over differences in belief when religion is just fiction? That's retarded.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-10-30 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    First of all, he has a male voice. Secondly, he is a guy, unlike a Naaru where you can't really tell. And last, what does that have to do with anything?
    Son Goku's voice is female even though he is a male

Man that's savage man, your country needs to reach the 21st century. We are not in the 11th century anyone you know? Why would anyone attack others over differences in belief when religion is just fiction? That's retarded.
    it may take them a few decades but they will catch up to us

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that poster was trolling you, you don't need to be an edgelord about it, just report and move on.

Ive read a few of these threads and I guess they make sense. But what doesnt make sense is that if Xera really is deceiving us, then why do we take her visions to be true? Meaning, why should we believe that Illidan actually was a hero and that we were wrong for killing/imprisoning him? To me it makes more sense that Xera is also lying about that to make us want to save Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Ive read a few of these threads and I guess they make sense. But what doesnt make sense is that if Xera really is deceiving us, then why do we take her visions to be true? Meaning, why should we believe that Illidan actually was a hero and that we were wrong for killing/imprisoning him? To me it makes more sense that Xera is also lying about that to make us want to save Illidan.
    If Xe'ra is viewed as an antagonist then that would be the most logical sense of it. Our characters are familiar with the Naaru, and the portrayal of the Naaru thus far has been overwhelmingly positive save those few who have slipped into their Void state (and most of those we recover and return to a Light-based and helpful state). The notion that one of the Light-based Naaru could pursue an agenda that wasn't beneficial to us is probably not a consideration by most groups - and if Xe'ra has such an agenda it would make sense for her to present it in a manner that would make us think it was in our best interests.

Personally speaking I don't think Xe'ra is deceiving us in a malevolent sense, I just think it has its own agenda that may not coincide with our own. It *believes* Illidan is both chosen and that his original death was in error, but it also seems to be the only being thus far that demonstrates that belief. Whether or not its faith in Illidan is misplaced or not is something yet to be seen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Light's Heart could also be void. In Dreadscarr rift a servant demon says it is heart of all the evillnes and darkness in the universe also I'lgynoth said something about a thing covered in light but darkness inside. So xe'ra could be a void used or manipulated by void because they want to stop the legion because legion wants to stop the void lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Light's Heart could also be void. In Dreadscarr rift a servant demon says it is heart of all the evillnes and darkness in the universe also I'lgynoth said something about a thing covered in light but darkness inside. So xe'ra could be a void used or manipulated by void because they want to stop the legion because legion wants to stop the void lords.
    The light is also represent the most evil thing for the demons also if xera was already a void thing then velen and the priest of class hall with their naarus would have already found out, xera is just told us we are jerks we kill things without hesiating which is kinda true if lorewise we do quest like nasyware to kill every living thing, the night elfs who send us to kill a demon hunter who was trying to undone a satyr plot to control a part of the cenarius circle

wait. she calls us jerks for doing what illidan does.
    fangirl psycho Xe'ra
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor