Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    My sephuz secret was a dps loss to my 860 haste/mastery ring. I'm a BM hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    If Crit and Mastery aren't good stats for you, and your 850 necklace had better secondaries, then yeah you're losing DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically, while mastery is fairly close to versatility for assassination, it is Crit> Vers> mastery> haste. Unless of course, you picked some poison boosting talents, rather than focusing your bleeds.
    That's why I said AP rogue. Exsang does prefer vers over mastery, though. You are right.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

It's the general problem: People are way overestimating the effect of single piece of gear, and underestimating the effect of other things. The legendary gives much more total stats and according to all guides and simulations I've seen it's clearly better than that 850 neck for assassination, BUT even then it's "only" about 1% dps increase at best. Now if you're testing something at dungeons, or even on dummy, you will see much bigger variances than 1%. They are not caused by gear but how you play, group, luck etc. etc.

But yeah you can keep running with worse gear, it's not going to make any noticable difference.

IMO it would be better if items such as Sephuz would be given by doing PvP activity, they have almost no place in PvE. Damagers want legendaries with good dps procs.

This legendary RNG looks like mistake from vanilla Diablo 3 - you loot legendary only to realize it's a garbage item, ruins fun, especially considering the pity timer.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    It's the general problem: People are way overestimating the effect of single piece of gear, and underestimating the effect of other things. The legendary gives much more total stats and according to all guides and simulations I've seen it's clearly better than that 850 neck for assassination, BUT even then it's "only" about 1% dps increase at best. Now if you're testing something at dungeons, or even on dummy, you will see much bigger variances than 1%. They are not caused by gear but how you play, group, luck etc. etc.

But yeah you can keep running with worse gear, it's not going to make any noticable difference.
    The shaman legendary is 5% and with fantastic stats, it's not a super difference but it's incredible frustrating getting a sephuz because it's worse than a 850 one.

Nope my Chain of Thrayn I just got last night was a DPS gain for me.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137086/chain-of-thrayn

Put me right at my haste cap as well
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-30 at 03:11 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It's garbage, complete garbage. In our guild we say "bad luck, sry" if anyone gets it...
    How sad is it that Legendary items has gone from a "OMG YAY!!!!" reaction to genuine sadness or even anger?
    Yeah, my guild got to that point as well this week. Not sure what the hell happened with drop rates after 7.1 went live but we've gotten 1-2 legendaries per day since Tuesday with ~40 active players (albeit alts have been involved too). The shit part is that more than half have been the ring or the neck... The ring and neck are the gold bonus roll equivalent for legendaries. Far more disappointment than happiness.

How in the world do you lose dps lol

It might be a Dps gain for some of you dps, think about it, if that shield pops boom! You can stand in the shiny green/yellow fire for a little bit longer without a heals saving you.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Ur mom is legendarily loose.
    I'd still do her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    If you have a 850 ring or neck with perfect stats and get a 895 legendary with worse stats and bad bonus, then yes you are losing dps.
    Exactly! Item level can be a useful indicator of how good an item is, but it shouldn't solely be used to determine if an item is better or not.

Legendary items will not always yield a DPS increase. They may provide a survivability bonus instead.

I can't tell you how many "upgrades" I've discarded due to bad stats.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Thats why the "Neck/Rings dont give main stats anymore" thing was really stupid
    Would have been fine if they were exempt from the "secondary stat scaling goes to shit five minutes after you get full epics" rule.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, but one isn't going to break your dps entirely though to where you lose dps especially since it'd ideally be a bigger upgrade over what you are wearing. Now once gear of similiar ilvl is available then I could see that. But that isn't until Nighthold (or lucky procs).
    Do you know the stat bonuses for each class? I'll give you one for example a MM hunters best stat right now is mastery even more than its main stat agility. So take the neck for example it already doesn't have main stat on it and if it doesn't have mastery but say your 850 neck does the 850 neck will be better.
    Sucks that a "legendary" isn't better but that is the case for a lot of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    How in the world do you lose dps lol
    If the stats on it suck for your class/spec it can easily be a dps downgrade

The American education system was a mistake.

@OP - how exactly are you losing dps? That neck has BiS stats for sin and sub. So unless you are playing a sub par spec (outlaw) then you aren't losing dps at all. Learn to itemize better and swap some things around if your crit dropped too low but that neck has higher 2ndary stat budget than any 850 neck and adds a lot of survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    The American education system was a mistake.
    How does american education have an influence on french player lol?

Anyway, i'm sure that when i get legendary (on my 10th alt, week before next expansion pre-patch) it's this or sephuz.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-11-01 at 02:46 PM.

I've got so much loose dps I just don't know what to do.