Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titan size and the end of us all?

I'm currently reading the Chronicles Volume 1 finally and was wondering something, I figure Titans have/had the ability to change their size as needed since we go from Sargeras being able to cleave a world in half, to being on a planet commanding the Burning Legion and even his avatar on Azeroth fighting Aegwynn.

Meanwhile, Aman'Thul pretty much grabbed Y'Shaarj from the heavens and ripped him from the world killing him, so they can be pretty damn big. We know Azeroth is a sleeping Titan world soul.... but what I want to know is what happens when they finally awaken? After all this time protecting our world, when she awakens will it kill everyone as the titan is born?
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

IMO when a Titan awakens they kinda "ascend" and leave the planet as it is. Like the world soul gets separated from the material planet and be its own thing and that's why the Titans are portrayed as celestial beings (sort of) in the Chronicles. So the inhabitants of the world do not necessarily need to die.

This is purely my opinion/theory on the topic, not an actual fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    I'm currently reading the Chronicles Volume 1 finally and was wondering something, I figure Titans have/had the ability to change their size as needed since we go from Sargeras being able to cleave a world in half, to being on a planet commanding the Burning Legion and even his avatar on Azeroth fighting Aegwynn.

Meanwhile, Aman'Thul pretty much grabbed Y'Shaarj from the heavens and ripped him from the world killing him, so they can be pretty damn big. We know Azeroth is a sleeping Titan world soul.... but what I want to know is what happens when they finally awaken? After all this time protecting our world, when she awakens will it kill everyone as the titan is born?
    Azeroth waking up would mean everyone on the planet would technically die so I don't think it will ever wake up. Or somhow she gets a titan body and the planet stays(note I took that out of my buttocks).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

nobody knows yet.

there's a description of them that would make you think the planet forms their body, but the images of them in the chronicle itself conflict with that description. i'm betting they emerge from the planet physically, but don't destroy the world. or maybe the loss of the energy they produce just existing within the world eventually kills it.

This is the question I wanted to ask here, what happens when Azeroth becomes... Azeroth? We all run to the closest portal? Nothing happens at all? Well of Eternity ceases to exist (should happen by logic)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd love to have an entire expansion devoted to performing a glorified abortion on a planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This is the question I wanted to ask here, what happens when Azeroth becomes... Azeroth? We all run to the closest portal? Nothing happens at all? Well of Eternity ceases to exist (should happen by logic)?
    the planet transforms into a greek woman with sandals.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the planet transforms into a greek woman with sandals.
    oh yes please we had all the cultures up until now, I want to see mine as well

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    oh yes please we had all the cultures up until now, I want to see mine as well
    Pretty much many maidens titans looks like greek goddess like the one in karazhan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    After all this time protecting our world, when she awakens will it kill everyone as the titan is born?
    It will shatter like egg shells with the bits blown all across space when it hatches. Azeroth, or whatever remains of it will be an asteroid belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    IMO when a Titan awakens they kinda "ascend" and leave the planet as it is. Like the world soul gets separated from the material planet and be its own thing and that's why the Titans are portrayed as celestial beings (sort of) in the Chronicles. So the inhabitants of the world do not necessarily need to die.

That hasn't been confirmed. Please don't spread wrong information.

Thrall has two sons, one is a male, the other one isnt know yet, if its a female, Azeroth its gonna use that body as his vessel /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It will shatter like egg shells with the bits blown all across space when it hatches. Azeroth, or whatever remains of it will be an asteroid belt.
    didn't magni said the she doesn't want to hatche because she will kill us all? maybe we can make her a human size body to inhabit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Thrall has two sons, one is a male, the other one isnt know yet, if its a female, Azeroth its gonna use that body as his vessel /s
    lol poor Thrall nobody likes him and his children

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Have you... have you... actually read my last line?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    reading is hard?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So the second son... hasn't decided it's gender yet is what you're saying? O.o

When Azeroth awakens Stormwind and Orgrimmar will be her shoulderpads and the Maelstrom will be her navel. ICC can be her helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

Honestly, the Titans are champions of life. They value the life they create. They may be too large to concern themselves much with individuals. But the wellbeing of species, peoples, cultures and lands, are something they value. It's part of why Sargeras' proposal to murder everything to prevent the Void Lords from having a chance to win, was so monstrous to them. They care about the greater good, for sure. They try to act on what's best for all worlds. But by all accounts, they try to do right by the people they hold responsibility over. They went to great lengths to keep their creations safe.

As beings shaped by the life that covers them, I find it highly doubtful that the first act such a noble being will do upon attaining total awakened self-awareness is to emerge in an unprecedented loss of life. To murder a billion people upon birth is just not something that matches the nature of Titans.

What happens then? Do they leave the planet intact like a shell? Do they transport their inhabitants to another world before taking their full shape? Do they simply transform their bodies so slow that the damage to life on the surface is minimal? These questions remain unanswered. But destroying all life on their surface? I just don't feel that that could be the answer.

Honestly, the Titans are champions of life.

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?"

lol.

Not really. They're self righteous bastards.