Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Macs used to be undoubtedly superior to PCs when it came to art and design so they became the standard tool that everyone learned, they're still popular in those fields thanks to intertia, older designers teach younger designers how to do stuff on Macs. There's also the fact they tend to be a bit more stable and have less security issues than PCs.
    Lets be honest though, they aren't popular because a mac is better thats just the BS propaganda people bought into. Mac looks pretty and it stands out nothing more.

And this is what annoys me the most when people mention stuff like Google Docs or Mac. They will swear by the non Microsoft product but when they actually have to be productive they have a Microsoft product as well.

Few years ago BUsiness Insider wrote a article about how they would change to Google Docs because it was cheaper then the Office licenses. FEw months later they wrote a 2e article about how they had to go back to Office because when it actually mattered they needed the functions of Office.

At my work some guy works on a Mac for design related stuff (has 2) and just behind him he has another 2 Windows powered devices that he uses to complete his work.

First, death to apple and their overpriced bullshit.

Second, am I going to have to buy 3 of them to get a proper multi-monitor setup?

Third, it better have a physical solution because these all-in-one solutions are too fucking easy to walk off with.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    at a price tag of 3k it sure wil be great for playing wow on.
    That's not what it's for....It's for content creation. Movies, Art, etc. The creative side to computing that Apple used to dominate but has since abandoned.

I'm not a content creator in the least, I am not the target audience of this product.

That being said, hats off to MS for creating such a gorgeous product. I want one just from looks alone, the rest of it's extremely well done features would go waste on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd rather just buy a 3k desktop tower. personally anyway. get some power under the hood.
    I think it has been said like 9 times in this thread and like 5 times during the presentation itself... Studio is not intended to be used as a desktop. It can be used as one if you feel like throwing money at it, but it's not what it was intended for or marketed as. It's essentially a digital drawing board. These have been around for a while, this design is there for that market, coupled with some innovations and extra usability and better aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    at a price tag of 3k it sure wil be great for playing wow on.
    It's not really aimed at gamers. It's aimed at graphic designers and artists.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Yeah ive been mac for my photo/video editing forever but the new macbook pro is stupid.
    They are so focussed on making things THINNER they forget we have shit to plug into it.
    You have to get a dongle that makes it thicker to get your USB things plugged in.
    Its stupid.
    Im switching it MS
    lol Right. You were a mac user. LOL
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    lol Right. You were a mac user. LOL
    I still am..im setting in front of my 2013 27inch imac updating my iphone 7+ and ipad to iOS 10.
    I gave my macbook pro (2015) to my wife since im no longer doing out of house editing.

Now back to what point you are trying to make?

I have seen another video that shows it can do 3D drawing which looked fucking awesome if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Now back to what point you are trying to make?
    You are clearly fraudulent because no one escapes the bubble when they have tasted the superiority of the Apple!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Apple, the long-time producer of the creative professional's go-to tools, has been knocked the fuck out by Microsoft in this past week's product announcements.

Personally speaking, I was a Mac fan for a little over a decade now, but the last few years, Apple appeared to be losing their magic. At the same time, I still was weary of Microsoft, but I had my eye on some of the innovations they've been working on. The versatility of the Surface pro, a tablet you could draw on that could run full professional software like Photoshop, and then the Surface Book, which was a beefed up Surface Pro that allowed the same versatility, but when docked in it's keyboard-base, could actually be a half-decent machine for some moderate gaming even.

Apple just continued to show the same products. Just with slightly higher specs. Nothing on the innovation front. I was on the fence the last few years as I was in the market for my digital sketchbook. Do I purchase the iPad Pro with only iOS apps, high mobility but not the best professional applications and not a great drawing experience? Do I get a Wacom Companion which has a superior drawing experience but lacks a bit of the portability? Or do I get a Surface and get the best of both worlds... but I'd have to convert to MS... a company I didn't really like.

Then I see continued dedication to professional creatives, not from Apple. But from Microsoft.

Trust builds. But still on the fence.

Just as I was about to pull the trigger on possibly an iPad pro and a Cintiq...

Thank you Microsoft, for actually trying to innovate and creating one of the coolest drawing table/pad/screen things I've ever seen. While Apple (and Wacom) decide to rest on their laurels and only create incrementally better products, you appear to be out for blood. You want to change the game.

I'll be buying a Surface Book and the Surface Studio this year. Apple is dead to me.
    Too expensive and 99% of computer users dont need to draw on their screen and it has a shitty graphics card for a design studio
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-10-31 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Too expensive and 99% of computer users dont need to draw on their screen and it has a shitty graphics card for a design studio
    Not intended for 99% of computer users, and the graphics card it has is above and beyond sufficient for what it is intended for, even in the base model, but if you wanna throw more money at it you can upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought apple computers were only relatively safe from viruses because most hackers don't target them not because they are immune to them or anything.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Starting at 3 grand it looks cool but I don't really have any need for most of the cooler functions. I'm not into design or anything and I don't see how the dial can be used in coding or app building so not really for me I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought apple computers were only relatively safe from viruses because most hackers don't target them not because they are immune to them or anything.
    No, its also because of how operating system is built. Applications can't access system or other apps. Those that do need to access it usually ask for root password on installation. So chances that user would accidentally run a virus is very slim. That's why users don't need anti-virus when using OSX.

On Windows apps ask for permissions all the time. It gets annoying, so users just click submit button all the time without even knowing what it was needed for. Older versions of Windows had no viable permission system at all. So its easy to target. There are always ways to install viruses. So users need to install anti-viruses, which add additional confirmation dialogs, making things even stupider and more annoying, so users don't even care what they click submit button for.

That's the short version. Things are more complex than that, but main theme is Windows was badly built from beginning, OSX was well designed. Windows will always be insecure as long as it uses its badly designed permissions and applications structure.

You can secure Windows using bunch of apps and a brain, but that's too much to expect from average user. On OSX its not needed because of how OSX is designed in core.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-10-31 at 07:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft has been beating the shit out of competition since Surface 2. Surface 3 just made every other tablet out there look like a joke. Surface 4 is amazing, but also quite expensive. But Surface is not a toy. I loved my Sony Z2 tablet which ran Android, but really, Surface just blew it out of the water (pun intended).
    Apple is just... blah, people use it because it's simple and works. Even kids can use it. But really it's butt ugly and limited. I hate being limited.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except r&d eats up a lot more than a million dollars.
    Yes, please, take me literally. That was the entire point of the post. To start a debate whether or not 1 million bucks is enough to fund a new type of smart pocket watch.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Well, I gave in and preordered the i5 version. Decided that it will resell pretty high in the first 2-3 months if I don't like it, and can at least recoup some of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Linux in 2016, LUL.
    Have fun being hipster.
    Linux use is at an all time high in the business world and is growing constantly.

Web development, virtualization technologies, SANs all run on Linux.

If by Hipster you mean an IT professional that is able to demand top dollar then yes please.

Windows is for gaming and the desktop support team.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-10-31 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No, its also because of how operating system is built. Applications can't access system or other apps. Those that do need to access it usually ask for root password on installation. So chances that user would accidentally run a virus is very slim. That's why users don't need anti-virus when using OSX.

On Windows apps ask for permissions all the time. It gets annoying, so users just click submit button all the time without even knowing what it was needed for. Older versions of Windows had no viable permission system at all. So its easy to target. There are always ways to install viruses. So users need to install anti-viruses, which add additional confirmation dialogs, making things even stupider and more annoying, so users don't even care what they click submit button for.

That's the short version. Things are more complex than that, but main theme is Windows was badly built from beginning, OSX was well designed. Windows will always be insecure as long as it uses its badly designed permissions and applications structure.

You can secure Windows using bunch of apps and a brain, but that's too much to expect from average user. On OSX its not needed because of how OSX is designed in core.
    Ha this is so much bs. IOS which is based off OSX has been jailbroken so many times because it's security is Swiss cheese.