Page 1 of 2
LastLast

As a fire mage, whats the most important M+ dungeons for gearing?

Also, whats the best mythic number to focus on im ilvl 855. What ilvl does mythic+ 5 drop
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Maw for pants and gloves with crit because EN doesnt have any. BRH and Dark thicket would be secondary for some upgrades but they take longer

- - - Updated - - -

2-3 drop 845
    4-5 drop 850
    etc
    Last edited by PurechaosSK; 2016-10-29 at 03:29 PM.

DHT and Nelth Lair for BiS relics and trinkets.

DHT and Nelth definitely top of the list. Arcway also has some very useful pieces. Most other dungeons have a piece or two here and there, but iirc those 3 have the most out of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    DHT and Nelth definitely
    This, then Maw for time/reward.

Halls of valor, the problem is you need to be decent at this game to farm it smoothly at 6/7 +3, gonna save you some frustration and warn you about trying to pug it at higher levels, get your own boost grp setup and carry bads, sadly that's the only way to gear outside raiding in this game at the moment.

Maw of Souls for the Bonespeaker Leggings (900+ crit and 400+ mastery or something).

Arcway for Nibbling ring (BIS on titanforge with socket)

Your BIS trinket is the Shock Baton and the Wriggling Sinew from EN... otherwise try to get the Naraxxas Tongue from Nelth, and Oakheart from DHT.

agree with all of the above, esp maw on repeat hoping for tf legs since raid legs suck

DHT and Nelth. I still want my trinket !

I prefer DHT and NELTH, HOV, MAW, Arc (the ring is pretty awesome)

Maw is great, but everyone wants to speedrun Maw. It can be hard to find a group.

HoV is pretty much the opposite, everyone groans at the mere mention of the place. It can be hard to find a group.

DHT, Arc, and Nelth however are fairly popular.

Deleted
    Maw, bonespeaker gear gives a lot of crit.

pretty sure there are 0 well itemized pieces in VOTW

Does Karazhan drop anything good for a fire mage? Currently I don't have much time to play outside of raiding and was wondering if it's actually worth it.
    Looking at the loot table it doesn't seem that great, unless ofc a TF or WF item drops.

Edit:

According to AskMrRobot Robes of the Ancient Chronicle is BiS (before Nighthold), but it's marked as "World Drop".
    Last edited by Raggamasta; 2016-10-31 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post
    Does Karazhan drop anything good for a fire mage? Currently I don't have much time to play outside of raiding and was wondering if it's actually worth it.
    Looking at the loot table it doesn't seem that great, unless ofc a TF or WF item drops.

Edit:

According to AskMrRobot Robes of the Ancient Chronicle is BiS (before Nighthold), but it's marked as "World Drop".
    The Trinket off Medivh seems to be pretty OP, according to some who have it.

Aran's Relaxing Ruby trinket from Karazhan has been insanely good for me. I ran a Maw+10 earlier tonight, the proc from the trinket was my 3rd highest damaging ability. May not be great for single target, but the AoE from flame wreath is incredible.

From what people are reporting, it is the new go-to choice for M+. It's not that great in raids so far, but still pretty decent; on fights like Ilgynoth it does some work, but most of that is, of course, padding.

I sort of agree with the words on Aran's Relaxing Ruby. I haven't tried it fully as fire yet, but as Arcane it easily outperforms most trinkets I've tried. 2m+ on a short fight.

It's probably situational in raids, awesome on AoE and Trash, but I wouldn't expect it to perform on Ursoc and Nythendra. But I'll find out on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Equivocate View Post
    Aran's Relaxing Ruby trinket from Karazhan has been insanely good for me. I ran a Maw+10 earlier tonight, the proc from the trinket was my 3rd highest damaging ability. May not be great for single target, but the AoE from flame wreath is incredible.
    865 horrorslime is pretty insane for aoe too
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post

Edit:

It drops off nightbane.