Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    You people are way too easily distracted. Please get back on topic.

First off, I think we need to remember that the Gul'dan encounter in the Nighthold is in patch 7.2. Not the current patch which is 7.1.

Second, the cinematic shows Gul'dan in his regular form. Is it so hard to believe he reverts back to normal after we stomp him as "Hulked Gul'dan"?

Or would you people rather just argue about the use of spoiler tags all damn thread?
    First of, Nighthold is in patch 7.1 not 7.2

second, We dont know if thats a mythic only form or not.
    and yes he should have used a spoiler tag on that, as long as its not INGAME yet its a spoiler. This was datamined, theres a reason blizzard told Wowhead and other sites to remove it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Is it really a spoiler when it's literally the next piece of noteworthy story advancement?
    ... That is LITERALLY a spoiler mate ... You've spoiled a key piece of the story for the next part ... Are you being intentionally thick?

I bet they change Gul'dan for a 3rd time and make a new cinematic because this happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... That is LITERALLY a spoiler mate ... You've spoiled a key piece of the story for the next part ... Are you being intentionally thick?
    I'm not the OP, I didn't spoil anything, now who's "thick"?

Say I'm watching Empire Strikes Back with my friend who was raised under a rock his entire life, Luke's just got his hand cut off, let's say I pause the movie and show him a clip of the "I am your father" bit. Did I really spoil anything for my friend or did I just show him what happens next? (Don't bother answering, I already know it's the latter.)
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I'm not the OP, I didn't spoil anything, now who's "thick"?

Say I'm watching Empire Strikes Back with my friend who was raised under a rock his entire life, Luke's just got his hand cut off, let's say I pause the movie and show him a clip of the "I am your father" bit. Did I really spoil anything for my friend or did I just show him what happens next? (Don't bother answering, I already know it's the latter.)
    You sir, are a grade-A moron...

It doesn't matter if you're the OP, you're disputing the meaning of a spoiler, and in your example; Yes. Showing your friend the clip is a spoiler, just let them watch the movie, or let people go through the game and experience it themselves. You're arguing against what a spoiler is and isn't, and quite frankly you're clearly being obtuse and stupid about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hulked Gul'dan comes about because Gul'dan is drawing power from the Eye of Aman'thul/Nightwell/Sargeras during the battle. When he's defeated, he loses that power.

Just like the fight with Garrosh. We defeat him in his giant gross Old God powered form, but he's back to normal afterwards.

My question is where does Super Hulked Gul'dan fit into things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I'm glad I don't care about spoilers since people apparently don't know how to not spoil everything.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    1. You are a dick. These are massive spoilers and the cinematic is not even released publicly yet(it was datamined).

2. I wouldnt go as far as saying that Illidan kills Gul'dan. Its more like he killsteals Gul'dan
    No need to flame anyone. It's hardly a spoiler when there are over 10 threads on the first 2 pages discussing similar topics.

Luckily you're getting a pass from the moderators.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-10-30 at 10:51 AM. Reason: You really do have shit in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hulked Gul'dan comes about because Gul'dan is drawing power from the Eye of Aman'thul/Nightwell/Sargeras during the battle. When he's defeated, he loses that power.

Just like the fight with Garrosh. We defeat him in his giant gross Old God powered form, but he's back to normal afterwards.

My question is where does Super Hulked Gul'dan fit into things...

Stage Two: The Ritual of Aman'thul

At his lieutenants' defeat, Gul'dan leaps into the fray himself, harnessing the power of the Fel to bolster his frail frame.

I guess that results in normal Hulked Gul'dan. He still uses fel-based abilities in that phase.

Stage Three: The Master's Power

Sensing the scales tipping out of his favor, Gul'dan returns to the Eye of Aman'thul, demanding his master grant him additional power.

And then he gets powers from Sargeras, which turns him Super Hulked (Sargeras has a red flames motive, so that makes sense in that regard too). And yes, fairly sure it's Sargeras and not Kil'Jaeden considering he literally gets a "Flame of Sargeras" ability and he uses mostly fire-based spells in that phase.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2016-10-30 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    If Gul'dan became a demon then he is still alive, the question is at what point do a mortal become a demon? Archimonde and KJ are demons and cant die outside the nether yet Velen can die like a mortal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    If Gul'dan became a demon then he is still alive, the question is at what point do a mortal become a demon? Archimonde and KJ are demons and cant die outside the nether yet Velen can die like a mortal.
    Demons can die outside the Nether if they are on fel-corrupted places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Demons can die outside the Nether if they are on fel-corrupted places.
    It's areas heavily saturated with nether energies. I don't know if the Nighthold area counts. Presumably, Gul'dan hasn't been made into a full demon yet. He's simply a very powerful fel-orc spellcaster. We've likely seen the last of him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post

second, We dont know if thats a mythic only form or not.
    and yes he should have used a spoiler tag on that, as long as its not INGAME yet its a spoiler. This was datamined, theres a reason blizzard told Wowhead and other sites to remove it asap.
    7.1. just came out with a new mythic dungeon and a raid, that raid being Trial of Valor. Not the Nighthold.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but Nighthold was not released with this patch. Although I still find it funny it's dungeon journal is live.

Unless this patch lasts for the next 4-5 months and THEN Nighthold is implemented at the end of the patch, that would make sense for the cinematic to be implemented into the patch in turn the leak. So if I'm wrong about Nighthold coming out in 7.2 then I apologize; I just find it weird getting it this patch.

And about the spoiler nonsense, yes it's a spoiler. And yes you people rather argue the use of a spoiler tag rather than the topic itself.

It may just be a mythic difficulty only, I'd take that.

And also... I did not say he should not have put a spoiler tag in his title. Re-read my post. I said you people would rather bash your heads in about if he should have or not, flame others who don't share that view point, and totally disregard the actual thread topic.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    You sir, are a grade-A moron...

It doesn't matter if you're the OP, you're disputing the meaning of a spoiler, and in your example; Yes. Showing your friend the clip is a spoiler, just let them watch the movie, or let people go through the game and experience it themselves. You're arguing against what a spoiler is and isn't, and quite frankly you're clearly being obtuse and stupid about it...

So not trying to be rude here, but if you are really trying to be spoiler free you should stay away from a site that posts spoilers on the front page ALL THE TIME. A site that is pretty much dedicated to discussing said spoilers along with the rest of the game.

Entered only to see people crying about spoilers. Was not disappoint. Love me some sweet dramaturgy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    First off, I think we need to remember that the Gul'dan encounter in the Nighthold is in patch 7.2. Not the current patch which is 7.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    You both should go and educate yourself, because Nighthold is a 7.0 content. Gated as it is, it's still an entry tier, maybe in need of some tweaks, but still complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You both should go and educate yourself, because Nighthold is a 7.0 content. Gated as it is, it's still an entry tier, maybe in need of some tweaks, but still complete.
    Uh... No. It was NOT in 7.0. NIGHTHOLD is the next tier. You're thinking of EN.

And it's not that the topic shouldn't exist here but that it should be clearly marked as a spoiler and the spoiler should be in the post, not the title. That's called courtesy. use it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It is, as long as the actual thing isn't in the game yet.

So I agree with Nupomaniac's first point.
    It says spoiler in the thread title.. so idk plus many threads on this topic not ness talking to you on this, but ino people are realy overreacting.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-10-30 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It says spoiler in the thread title.. so idk plus many threads on this topic not ness talking to you on this, but ino people are realy overreacting.
    It didn't say spoiler before, else the first page wouldn't be full of angry comments.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh... No. It was NOT in 7.0. NIGHTHOLD is the next tier. You're thinking of EN.
    Let ME decide what I was thinking and what I was not, kay? Nighthold IS 7.0 content, it was revealed as early as EN, it was in DJ as early as EN (like, from the first day of Legion). As I said, just because it OPENS next year, just because it coincidentally does during patch 7.1, and just because it happens after HoV release, doesnt mean its 7.1 content. It's not. It's just time gated, but it IS 7.0 content.

Look at it like this: if 7.1 (HoV) was not released, NH would still open in 2017, but it would be on patch 7.0. Just because it opens on patch 7.1 doesnt mean it's a part of its content. 7.1 brings HoV and Kara (and quest chain leading into NH, which is a timeline failure tbh, and its why people confuse NH for a 7.1 patch).

Still need some ELI5?

Deleted
    Flippy floppy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No need to flame anyone. It's hardly a spoiler when there are over 10 threads on the first 2 pages discussing similar topics.

Luckily you're getting a pass from the moderators.
    The only one getting a pass from the mods is the OP.

10 threads of not spoiler tags are there for a reason. I'd edit my OP into "you are behaving like a dick" which would be more accurate and fair, however that seems a little late by now