Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    According to Watcher's frame of mind they are not right. They should be reworked as he said in interviews for similar situations. For the time being they should remove them from the loot table of fire mage.

Alternatively, they believe it's unfair to remove them because someone may get something better instead of them while those that got them will feel cheated.

A rework might be best to be imminent. The class in whole doesn't need (additional) casting while running. Perhaps it's hard to find an effect that is right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    According to Watcher's frame of mind they are not right. They should be reworked as he said in interviews for similar situations. For the time being they should remove them from the loot table of fire mage.

Alternatively, they believe it's unfair to remove them because someone may get something better instead of them while those that got them will feel cheated.

A rework might be best to be imminent. The class in whole doesn't need (additional) casting while running. Perhaps it's hard to find an effect that is right.
    As long as the re-work retroactively changes the ones that have already dropped for people i have no problem waiting for that..............they are just bad as whole for every class, because the proc is so RNG i doubt it is actively used to much of an advantage since it cannot be relied upon to be there for movement mechanics.

Deleted
    Something unfair on his interviews is that he said that tanks getting damage boosts should not get them. They should get something better. If that is so why should DPSes get non-damage boosts? If a tank should not DPS then a DPS should not mitigate. Not that I say that is true, but I dismantle his argument. In various hard encounters the tanks and the healers DPS. By saying that they should either only make DPS boosts to DPS classes legendaries or leave the tanks with damage boosts legendaries.

A legendary like these boots is just weird to begin with. Even if you are a class/spec that wants these stats, it's not much more than a stat stick with an occasional lineup proc where it's useful. Like the scorch belt, it's just too situational to truly be exciting and rotation altering like they have said several times to be aiming for. I'm not even sure how bad legendaries like this go live or who designed them. An open thread on the forums or reddit could come up with ideas better than this while still maintaining the spirit of what they were aiming for. How about you make the next 1-2 spells instant cast? Line that up with a bracer proc (or chaos bolt etc), now that is a legendary effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdommo View Post
    How about you make the next 1-2 spells instant cast?
    Do you know what would happen with legendary fire bracers and those boots in that case?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    I deleted mine in protest a few days ago, playing with 3% less crit and having to use macros to cancel the buff was cancer and not worth the ilvl upgrade, besides ursoc drops nice crit/mastery boots anyway.
    Wow, either you are exaggerating or that's some serious salt.

Blizz has said they are looking at the under performing legendaries, we should see a rework at some point. With all the free space we have now due to new XMog system, why not just stash them? Blizz would still have data that you looted the item but it's not equipped....
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    I deleted mine in protest a few days ago, playing with 3% less crit and having to use macros to cancel the buff was cancer and not worth the ilvl upgrade, besides ursoc drops nice crit/mastery boots anyway.
    What a fucking stupid thing to do. They might just drop again for you if you don't own them (anymore/already)

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Do you know what would happen with legendary fire bracers and those boots in that case?
    People with both would say "holy shit that was awesome!" when they get both to proc at the same time? Maybe that combo is TOO strong, but legendary should be at least borderline OP. Not stat sticks or worse just sitting in your bank. Blizzard blew it big time.

Deleted
    I have to agree with one of the posters saying that it feels like Diablo 3 on launch.

I get why the absorb legendaries are good, sure the chest is pretty op mitigation when you play with frosts IB, ppl can see that but its really just not what 99% of the playerbase want. People roll dps to do damage plain and simple, they are not interested the fact that their items saves healers mana or saves them from death for standing in the bad (non of these work in instanced pvp either so that also makes them even less desirable) the procs should be solely focused on what the class is doing 100% of the time your playing it and that is doing damage. Anything other than that just makes them feel crap compared to the dps gain ones.

Personally i think they took the parallel to the diablo system of legendaries too far, we are not running Greater Rifts here, having amazing mitigation mechanics means didiley squat to 95% of the people not running bleeding edge progression content. Is it so hard to understand that tanks should get mitigation procs, healers healing/mana regen procs and dps damage procs all of which can change your rotation design dependent and focuses on what the core aspect of your class does.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-10-27 at 11:26 PM.

The only reason i have them equipped is that my previous boots were 850 (with crit), i used seal on mythic ursoc yesterday but only got bracers
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-10-28 at 07:19 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    So i got these boots yesterday..........

Tested it on dummy cast fireball > near the end Fireblast> Norgannon proc within 0.1sec fireball launches and used the proc > -.-

Made a weak auras to make me aware of the proc will see if i can make use of it.
    If it just gave us a charge of Ice floes and increased the stack size by 1-2. than it would be awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got legendary legs for arcane yesterday after 8 hours /played at 110

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    So i got these boots yesterday..........

Tested it on dummy cast fireball > near the end Fireblast> Norgannon proc within 0.1sec fireball launches and used the proc > -.-

Made a weak auras to make me aware of the proc will see if i can make use of it.
    If it just gave us a charge of Ice floes and increased the stack size by 1-2. than it would be awesome.
    That would be a fair compromise, that when it procs it resets Ice Floes stacks...it still wouldn't be great but at least it wouldn't be totally worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    I got them yesterday ... the joy /sigh. Kind of funny when you get sorry remarks in guild chat after receiving a legendary.

Let's hope they get changed at some point.
    Yup, got them and was met with crys of "RIP" :P

I've joined the legendary boot group! funny how everyone in guild was saying congrats and here I'm thinking its going straight to the bank

Oh well , yesterday i got the legendary chest , with absorb from blink. Combined with my first legendary , the neck , and ice barrier , i could easily tank right now

So week before I got boots and my 855ilvl boots with socket was better, yesterday I got pyro bracers !!!!

Deleted
    Since this thread is about boots how are your experiences with it. Hardcasting pyro now more by accident is annoying. On occasion i can make use of the movement element but probably not often enough combine that with accidental hardcasting pyro and i'm not sure if the special effect is a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataie View Post
    Oh well , yesterday i got the legendary chest , with absorb from blink. Combined with my first legendary , the neck , and ice barrier , i could easily tank right now
    omg lol having belo'vir and prydaz. That is funny
    Still i would be happy to get belo'vir
    But still hope they make relics swapable so i can go full tank with cauterizing blink

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Since this thread is about boots how are your experiences with it. Hardcasting pyro now more by accident is annoying. On occasion i can make use of the movement element but probably not often enough combine that with accidental hardcasting pyro and i'm not sure if the special effect is a boost.
    It's almost like these boots are a straight troll for not getting the pyro bracers, it makes you hardcast pyro when you don't want to. When this happens to me i cry a little bit inside everytime, as by the time i've realised i am hardcasting pyro, its probably too late to cancel it, so i let it finish and spend that time wishing i had the bracers........................

I can't wait till some 865 crit boots drop so i can just put them in the bank and stop this torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Gaigen View Post
    I got legendary legs for arcane yesterday after 8 hours /played at 110
    Flawless system.