Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Alliance How to get more people to raid?

Me and the guild I am in have been having a problem. We cleared EN HC ages ago but just can't find people to actually join the guild. How can we get LFR heroes to actually give high tier raiding a go? All player can improve and atleast on my server loads of guilds need new blood.

Well, for starters, lose the condescending attitude with your 'LFR heroes'. That is the main reason people don't raid higher then LFR; people who think they are better because they raid normal+ and feel the need to be all elitist about it. Another reason is scheduling. Being forced to play at certain times just doesn't work for many people. And guilds forcing their members to grind till their ears bleed for one more artifact level, while they are still at 3/7 mythic because they simply suck in executing strategies ánd a rotation at the same time.

So. Be open. Be welcoming. Lose the attitude. Have a generous schedule and don't enforce 90-100% attendance. Help new people gear up in mythic+. Teach them how to play, offer advice and training. Well, plenty more options, but start here.

Free hats /thread

In each expansion / tier there's a time 2-3 months in when people get bored and quit, guilds lose people and there's no recruits anywhere. We're in that time right now. In a couple more months guilds will start to die and release players into the recruitment pool but that's yet to come.

If you need to recruit several people right now your best option is to merge with another guild having the same problem. Yes some people will have to reroll (4 tanks no go). Yes it's risky.

If that won't work try arranging server wide pugs. Advertise them on your server forums and trade. Have happy and smooth raids and charm your pugs with how great you are, at the end talk to them individually and ask if they'd like to join.

If you're feeling cut throat try and poach people from other guilds on your server :P Wouldn't recommend but is an option as well.

Not a lot more to do outside the usual wowprogress recruitment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, for starters, lose the condescending attitude with your 'LFR heroes'. That is the main reason people don't raid higher then LFR; people who think they are better because they raid normal+ and feel the need to be all elitist about it. Another reason is scheduling. Being forced to play at certain times just doesn't work for many people. And guilds forcing their members to grind till their ears bleed for one more artifact level, while they are still at 3/7 mythic because they simply suck in executing strategies ánd a rotation at the same time.

So. Be open. Be welcoming. Lose the attitude. Have a generous schedule and don't enforce 90-100% attendance. Help new people gear up in mythic+. Teach them how to play, offer advice and training. Well, plenty more options, but start here.
    Exactly this. People have completely shit attitudes, already today in another post I've been bashed on and shit on for only being 5/7 hc. People won't come to your guilds if your a bunch of elitest cunts who's going to treat them like second class citizens. Sure your good, we know your good, but you don't need attitude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    Me and the guild I am in have been having a problem. We cleared EN HC ages ago but just can't find people to actually join the guild. How can we get LFR heroes to actually give high tier raiding a go? All player can improve and atleast on my server loads of guilds need new blood.
    Can only talk about myself but i got a job, gym, night school and need to cook, clean and keep a social life up. So there is no way i will get away from LFR when i got a few hours to spend on WoW. I did raiding back when i only had school and hours at night to spend on WoW atm i bet alot of LFR ppl (that can be more skilled then you might think) just cant be bothered to spend nights on WoW per week anymore.

So i would say try to get kids that only have school in there life to play the game and join your guild, and lose the idea that you want to improve LFR players skill level because most of them have raided in the past in some way or form.

You cannot, especially because (as you said) a lot of guilds on your server need new blood. And because you lack Mythic progress, all potential quality recruits will skip you over.

You have 2 options: merge with another guild, or disband. Recruiting individual memebers will literally take months, and members will start quiting long before that. Welcome to forced 20-man raiding.

PS. If you try to recruit the LFR heroes (as you called them), then you'll have to get them through EN HC to gear them up, and if you are desperate enough to bring aboard just about anyone with a pulse, their overall lack of quality can potentially bring you down to not being able to clear even HC consistently. This will only cause your quality players to quit and you'll be in a worse situation than before.
    Last edited by tithian; 2016-10-31 at 10:57 AM.

Ya this post sums it up quite well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Mostly, yup! Scheduling is a nightmare for almost everyone though. Can't make everyone happy here. (At least, it's really hard to do so.) Raid time prime-times hours for the US do seem to be in the range 4-9pm (Pacific time I'm using, assuming Pacific server.)

Most guilds form raiding guilds because they happen to get along with each other, while understanding each other.

Attempting to make a guild that doesn't socialize, or do anything outside of Raiding tends not to do all that well unless they're sponsored groups, or really dedicated people to do nothing but racing to first place. Mythic, heroics, farming, helping others.

If you're wanting to open your roster to try and get more people, taking things back a bit may be a better option to attract people. Especially up-and-coming Tanks / Healers you can recruit. Like "training" your new roster on fights that your core group has completed, without chewing them out harshly that makes them leave. Teach them, help them learn.

Don't be that raidleader who goes "lol y u dont have X addon? it better. no resn 2 not have it. gtfo nub."

One thing I'd like to add that I have been noticing with Legion, is punishing players from raid positions, or even Mythic groups because of their bad luck with RNG where they are unable to get the gear they need to remain around (Or even usable gear at all.). Telling people to "Just find a group in the LFG tool" isn't really a solution, especially when a large number of those groups don't last very long in the group itself and break apart, or have insanely high requirements because they just want it done. Group Finder is in major mess.

I may have been nitpicking a bit, but forwarding information I've just observed.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Promise them free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Free hats /thread
    Nah.
    Free beer on tap!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    need a tank? lol i'm having the opposite problem seems like guilds that run > LFR/ N progression just dont need tanks with melee OS anymore (or raid when i can't )
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    need a tank? lol i'm having the opposite problem seems like guilds that run > LFR/ N progression just dont need tanks with melee OS anymore (or raid when i can't )
    Last guild I was in, was full on tanks, and healers, but NEEDED RANGED DPS: Especially Mages and Hunters. Damnedest things I have ever seen in this game.

I've often thought of starting my guild, but I don't handle stress very well. Wanted to name it <Tanks & Heals, LLC>.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Last guild I was in, was full on tanks, and healers, but NEEDED RANGED DPS: Especially Mages and Hunters. Damnedest things I have ever seen in this game.

I've often thought of starting my guild, but I don't handle stress very well. Wanted to name it <Tanks & Heals, LLC>.
    yep! just look at any guild recruitment forums RDPS is needed all over... tanks/melee not so much. (side note i'm shocked how many raid on sunday/monday nights.. two days i'm trying to keep free)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Its that easy to pug normal and HC that unless you have a big friends list and a set up guild already, you can forget about it.

Unless ofc, you have some other qualities - charisma, you are funny etc - this is what lower progress guilds live on. If all you can offer is some progress (and its not great progress either, anyone really interested cleared HC weeks ago) you are basically worthless to most players, you'll never be able to beat the convenience of the pug finder.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yep! just look at any guild recruitment forums RDPS is needed all over... tanks/melee not so much. (side note i'm shocked how many raid on sunday/monday nights.. two days i'm trying to keep free)
    I prefer to be Melee DPS, always have. Hunter was acceptable for me, though. Healing as Ranged makes since. Tanking, again, I don't manage stress very well. I'm really self-conscious when in a group as a tank... World bosses, Normals, Heroics... Haven't even built up the courage to attempt Raids, LFR, or Mythics as a tank.

Most common days I see for raiding on a few realms I have been hopping around on, seem to favor Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Only seen a handfull do anything on Weekends.

Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday I think is the most common I've seen.

Stop making raiding seem like it's some extremely hard content that only "HARDCORE" players can do. When i started playing WoW, i was very intimidated by raiding because according to this community, raiding is hell on earth. Once i decided to try it out, it turned out to be practically the same shit as dungeons but with 10-25 players.

Other than that, there's not a lot you can do to make people commit to playing a video game on a schedule. Some can, some can not, some are willing, some are not.

Another reason is scheduling. Being forced to play at certain times just doesn't work for many people. A
    This!
    Depends on a week i may or may not have the time to raid on a certain day. Being "forced" to raid at certain time worked for me when i was younger, but now it simply doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    This!
    Depends on a week i may or may not have the time to raid on a certain day. Being "forced" to raid at certain time worked for me when i was younger, but now it simply doesn't.
    Scheduling is pretty much mandatory if you plan to do any activity with other people. Not just in wow.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    What do you offer outside of raiding? Do you have an active guild chat? Do you do more than just raid? Do you have other binding things like forced monthly gold payment or forced weekly farming days? If so reevaluate them if they're needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Scheduling is pretty much mandatory if you plan to do any activity with other people. Not just in wow.
    Yes, but being kicked because you can't keep 100% attendance is not. It will be more of a challenge to get enough people for all raid days, but hey, people want Classic WoW back, where you needed to get 40 people on the same page, so this should be easy enough