Poll: Which class has the most complex rotation? (precise spec in your answer)

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Most complex rotation in Legion

Hello,

I have not raided seriously since Cataclysm, and I wonder which spec is the more engaging/complex/deep currently.
    I remember feral druid, enhancement shaman or shadow priests needed a bit of brain power, but how is it today?
    (The poll is limited to 20 options, so please add the spec in your answer)
    Last edited by Natylyaz; 2016-10-31 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Surrender to madness priest, im failry sure has the most depth of all speccs in legion

Deleted
    That also depends on spec. not just on class. Even little kid can now play BM hunter and MM is total RNG fest.

I think frost mage is quite complex. While fire is easy.

BM hunter has the most complex dps rotation in the game currently

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, most of the classes these days are designed around the ideology of "easy to play, hard to master", especially with the recent ability pruning. You can faceroll most of them and perform subpar, but will really need to learn your class and master the rotation if you want to top charts. Your best bet might be to try out some of the class trials for the classes you are interested in to see which one's you prefer.

Feral druid probably suffers the most from one mistake, and mistakes are easy to do in a raiding environment as feral.. especially when shit hits the fan.

Any Monk spec, really. Brewmaster is more complex than any of the other tanks, & Windwalker probably only falls behind Ferals.

S2M Priest, no question

Quote Originally Posted by Yirman View Post
    Feral druid probably suffers the most from one mistake, and mistakes are easy to do in a raiding environment as feral.. especially when shit hits the fan.
    I'd agree but priest is mistake and dead no recovering there.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    you can macro whole BM rotation on 1 button macro. Literally

Deleted
    S2M shadow priest. Not only do you have to be spot on and extremely fast when your haste reaches ridiculous levels and even minor mistakes leads to death, there's the whole aspect of timing when you actually pop your S2M. Pop it too early and you're dead with the boss still up, pop it too late and you do crap damage and just die pathetically after the boss. Add in the difficulty in keeping your dots up on several targets while in S2M voidform at high stacks, and how hard it is to keep up your rotation when movement is forced and you have a very demanding spec.

Outside of S2M though, shadow priest is nothing special.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    you can macro whole BM rotation on 1 button macro. Literally
    Well prove it?

Deleted
    Going with Feral Druid. There's just not much margin for errors without losing out on too much DPS.

S2M is a gimmick and won't stay around for too long, while the Feral "rotation" is inherently part of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Definitely. It's so complex it still can't figure it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Well prove it?
    Single target. If you want aoe that multy shot will be on 2nd button. So hard

/cast bestial wrath
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast dire beast
    /cast kill command
    /cast Titan's Thunder
    /cast cobra shot

cobra shot down as last priority so dont pres macro when you need focus on next kill command. Is not ideal but will do for most casual players.

Thats BM hunter

Deleted
    ProtWarrior and BDK, the SHEER intellect they take is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Single target. If you want aoe that multy shot will be on 2nd button. So hard

/cast bestial wrath
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast dire beast
    /cast kill command
    /cast Titan's Thunder
    /cast cobra shot

cobra shot down as last priority so dont pres macro when you need focus on next kill command. Is not ideal but will do for most casual players.

Thats BM hunter
    But you can't put two abilities that are on the GCD in the same macro. The second will never be cast.

Deleted
    out of the ones ive played, probably surv hunter, maybe not the most complex in the game, but they seem to have a lot more abilities to manage than other classes i've played.
    easiest is probably BM hunter, at a glance anyway. i dont really play BM as i find it boring but it looks simple /shrug

Demo lock, I would say

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    But you can't put two abilities that are on the GCD in the same macro. The second will never be cast.
    Plus no Aspect of the Wild.
    Last edited by Auton; 2016-10-31 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Missed the quote