Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Next warlock PvP spec destroyed

(Destruction) Entrenched in Flame duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    (Destruction) Focused Chaos now increases Chaos Bolt damage by an additional 100% (was 150%).
    (Destruction) Shadowburn now deals 20% less damage in PvP.

I don't see any point in taking FC now that it will do the exact same damage as using Havoc? Completely retarded change imo and it destroys the feel of hitting hard.
    And on top of that they will destroy the instant spell spec which a lot of warlocks would be running if FC would get nerfed.

Demo has already been nerfed extremely hard, and affliction's unstable affliction spell is bugged and does no damage when dispelled.

Fml ...

Anyone saw this coming man. Destruction has way too much instant damage with Cremation, and can 2-3 shot with Focused Chaos.

I'm surprised they didn't touch Dimensional Rift. Those portals do immense damage, they're instant and unavoidable.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    (Destruction) Entrenched in Flame duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    (Destruction) Focused Chaos now increases Chaos Bolt damage by an additional 100% (was 150%).
    (Destruction) Shadowburn now deals 20% less damage in PvP.

As much as i want warlock to do good in PVP, Focused Chaos is really too overpowered, NO ONE can survive 2-3 chained CB in bgs, and you cast them so fast, and impossible to interrupt when you take casting circle or use UR...this nerf is kind of expected. SB nerf was unsurprising too, Blizzard wouldn't want a spec completely abandon their primary damage ability, SB warlock wouldn't even cast CB when they have the space to do it, that is not how this spec supposed to work. But if they do this, they really should make SB do 50% more damge when target below 30%, other wise nobody is gonna take SB anymore.
    Last edited by sd2400533; 2016-11-01 at 01:31 AM.

Yeah, saw those coming a mile away. Shit was straight up unfair.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    It was fun while it lasted. I really felt like playing Destruction!

Deleted
    Back to not doing pvp at all. Exactly like Blizzard likes it, they don't want people playing this class.

Developer Notes: 7.1 introduced some new talents to Destruction Warlocks to increase their control and incentivize the use of cast time spells like Chaos Bolt. These talents were overtuned initially, but we want to keep Chaos Bolt as the best damage value for a Soul Shard.

if they wanna incentivize the use of cast time spells maybe they shouldn't gut them? nerfing shadowburn just because they nerfed chaos bolt so hard is just stupid.

oh well I guess thats what happens when you start to become competitive with melee.

the 4 sec root not breaking on damage even was kind of op, but hey it helped you survive against a frost dk and windwalker a bit longerish.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2016-11-01 at 01:54 AM.

When are they nerfing the RNG on our mastery?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    As much as i want warlock to do good in PVP, Focused Chaos is really too overpowered, NO ONE can survive 2-3 chained CB in bgs, and you cast them so fast, and impossible to interrupt when you take casting circle or use UR...this nerf is kind of expected. SB nerf was unsurprising too, Blizzard wouldn't want a spec completely abandon their primary damage ability, SB warlock wouldn't even cast CB when they have the space to do it, that is not how this spec supposed to work. But if they do this, they really should make SB do 50% more damge when target below 30%, other wise nobody is gonna take SB anymore.
    sadly casting circle was allready nerfed, you can still be interupted and silenced, but it only lasted 1/4th the duration but it still canceled your chaos bolt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Back to not doing pvp at all. Exactly like Blizzard likes it, they don't want people playing this class.
    thing is ive gotten 2200 before and got the sets, got 2200 in one bracket, then farmed conquest everywhere but there so i could buy the set
    now you have to reach 2000 in something, then farm that and HOPE gear drops, and it all drops, well staying over 2k, or you will never get the mog
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Warlocks are not allowed to be above mediocre either in raids or pvp.

Deleted
    I wish they could just make a talent like this baseline and add something else. This whole tier of talents is stupid since picking one forces you to be someone who just spam instant casts all game and one to casting big heavy casts. There's no "middle ground" for us, it's like the freaking aoe talents for pve all over again. Either you have the chance to spam instants and do damage while being trained and do close to no damage when nobody trains you. To doing no damage when trained and doing sick burst when free casting.

This whole mentality is just super annoying and I hate how we're always forced to be either one.

Kinda funny honestly. You guys went from reasonably powerful to broken af to total crap.

Got my 2500 playing destro time to sit and collect my dragon in 6-8 weeks

Sure destroy the damage of shadowburn which crit for like what? 150k max? Also nice to see them still hating affliction. Guess 300k dispel of 5 gcds with 5 wasted shards in 1 gcd is ok for them. If you don't know - they silently nerfed affliction template int by like another 10% (i lost 2k int) and they nerfed ww agi only by 10 percent lol while affliction int nerfed by 45% now. Guess their total goal is to make warlocks garbage at everything. They already succedeed in pve where 825-840 dh/rogue/hunter/warrior/monk/mage does more/equal dps of affliction warlock of 870 ilvl and destruction warlock of ~860 ilvl. And here we are again with those nerfs without even adressing bugs like sweet souls or permanent combat or reap not doubling 70% of your artifact traits.
    Also did you notice? This is like first meaningful nerf to mages in pvp? And they what? Nerfed int by 10% lol. While with warlock they're pretty trigger happy. Int nerfed by 35% (it was actually more than 40%) first then by another 10% UA dispel nerfed first to 120% from 200%, then nerfed to max 50% of warlock hp and now it's doint olly like 30-50% of remaining ua for 1 stack. Focused chaos from 200% to 100%
    How can someone defend these people? Even Ghostcrawler wasn't that bad. He was communicating with community at least. But what can you expect from people like Celestalon who play wow on his tablet? No wonder there's massive pruning while one of lead devs doing this.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2016-11-01 at 05:40 AM.

We made your main nuke too competitive so we nerfed it. And for those of you dumb enough to keep playing even after that, we nerfed sb so you have to cast nerfed cb.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god, delicious tears..
    Did you really expect this would last? It was absolutely insane, 3 shotting ppl without them being able to do anything about it. Now you're saying they're "destroyed".
    Oh I am sorry that you need an overpowered class to do well in pvp.. What is the saying again? "Git Gud?"

Gettin 2-3 shotted in arena when you poked your head out was nice, now if only they would nerf the double melee cleave damage a bit and arenas would be more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    My god, delicious tears..
    Did you really expect this would last? It was absolutely insane, 3 shotting ppl without them being able to do anything about it. Now you're saying they're "destroyed".
    Oh I am sorry that you need an overpowered class to do well in pvp.. What is the saying again? "Git Gud?"
    Without them being able to do anything about it? Lol. Interrupts? I mean come on man, you didn't even try to come up with a decent argument for that. Chaos bolts damage is pretty similar to where it has been in past expansions, and it doesn't cleave anymore. The cast is a little bit faster is where i think they are tripping up a bit here, but you can still easily interrupt it. Even casting circle doesn't stop interrupts, it just reduces the silence time, its very easy to lock down if you are remotely competent playing around pillars in arena, or just using interrupts in general. They have one interrupt immunity on a 1.5 min CD that also doubles as one of their two defensive's (which isn't exactly an issue given you have no escape methods without once again talenting such or using a long cd, conveniently placed gateway. Most warlocks at higher rating from what i understand played shadowburn spec anyway because people had enough skill to not get chaos bolted into oblivion.

It was silly. Enjoyed the hell out of it while it lasted, but anyone could tell it would be nerfed.

For a talent called 'Focused Chaos' I'd rather they improve the damage on subsequent chaos bolts. Hit an enemy with a chaos bolt leaves a 5 sec debuff. Hit the target again, and it does increased damage. There wouldn't be any one or two shots, but if you let a destro chain cast, you are to blame for your impending death.

Still don't get the damage nerf on sb. Just seems salt in the wound.

Deleted
    can we go back to pre 7.1, please? at least I was able to pick cremation AND firestone back then.