Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aran's ruby for MM???

Hello guys,

just finished running Kara and shade dropped this trinket and it didnt roll any upgrades. In theory, this looks powerful on trash but meh for bosses. I havent tried it yet but simmed it and it doesnt seem to change much from my current trinkets.

Currently using WQ 845 Agil/Mastery trinket and Darkmoon Faire Crit trinket.

Some people seem to say it is very powerful and wanted to know if it's worth it on raid fights/Mythic+ or if I should stick with my current trinkets

thanks!

Deleted
    I also start to wonder its clear that have beter use in AoE (mythics+ trash ??)
    I got mine from the mission quest box its 860 with socket but i have 860 Bloodthursty and 870 WQ trinkets
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-10-31 at 06:12 AM.

I'm guessing Bloodthirsty will stay near BiS after arcano crystal.

My stats weights from the sims I did place crit dead last so I am tempted to replace the DMF trinket but sims dont seem to really favor the Kara trinket. Not sure if they are simmer correctly at the moment...

Deleted
    Imo it procs at a bit unreliable rate. When it procs in aoe that stays alive long enough and at the right spot or even multiple times its dmg can be ridculously awesome(beating Marked shot at times. But on aoe thats to spread out, dies to fast or few targets its a bit underwhelming. Its not an alround trinket id say, like naraxas is more for ST at a minimum range this one is great for clustered aoe.

Got a 865 one from Shade, ran 2 Mythic+ with it (8 and 6), the proc did 17% of my overall damage in both of those instances

I'm keeping mine for a while in Mythic+ I think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    ran 2 Mythic+ with it (8 and 6), the proc did 17% of my overall damage in both of those instances
    Really? 17% is ludicrously high.

My 870 Caged Horror only does ~4-5% and that's one of the better AoE procs. No way Ruby does over 3 times more damage?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a 865 one from Shade, ran 2 Mythic+ with it (8 and 6), the proc did 17% of my overall damage in both of those instances

I'm keeping mine for a while in Mythic+ I think
    If you're BM, make sure you include pet damage, otherwise the %dmg from the trinket will be wrong of the total damage Using the aoe trinket form the dragons i EN has shown as high as 70% of my damage as BM on trash pulls in instances. Calculating in the pet damage to my total it is obviously much lower, but at least my damage meter doesn't count the pet damage in the damage distribution percent, it gets added "afterwards" to my total damage.

When j posted this, the sims on icy veins hadnt been updated. I tried it briefly in mythic+ yesterday and its a definite upgrade to the mastery WQ trinket on multitarget

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    Really? 17% is ludicrously high.

My 870 Caged Horror only does ~4-5% and that's one of the better AoE procs. No way Ruby does over 3 times more damage?
    Well that's what I've seen according to my recount as BM, so of course needs some external validation like if I've calculated the % correctly. But it was by far my characters (Not pets) largest source of damage. Another thing could be I've played suboptimally (Too low BC/Volley uptime) and therefore the passive damage does more of my total. But those are issues more dedicated theorycrafters can prove.

Again, entirely my own anecdotal data

17% of your personal dmg as BM is not that much considering that your pets do about 75% of your dmg. Recount is really bad at showing BM dmg since it displays the correct DPS but when you look at the breakdown it doesn't show pets until you actually dig into the parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    17% of your personal dmg as BM is not that much considering that your pets do about 75% of your dmg. Recount is really bad at showing BM dmg since it displays the correct DPS but when you look at the breakdown it doesn't show pets until you actually dig into the parses.
    ...which I did, as I mentioned above

I got Aran's ruby on my warlock alt last night - TF'ed at 875...its pretty effective. Its stats are far from ideal for my lock, but the damage is very substantial. It parsed out to about 10-12% of my damage over a few mythic runs, so it definitely seems to proc more / harder than many of the other trinkets.

...which I did, as I mentioned above
    Which would factor out to be <5% of your dmg, thought some other posters are reporting higher numbers. I think this thing would be a must have for M+ dungeons but would be really lackluster on single target fights

Is the process rate worse than naraxas or something? The stats and damage are both better and modified by nightbane chest, so I figured it would be better regardless, especially when it has no range restrictions.

One of our mages in guild uses it in raids and it hits roughly 11% of his damage sometimes which is just insane.

Deleted
    Well i noticed few facts about this trinket
    First its do more base damage than tooltip says (100k more on my hunter) and this damage can crit(i dont have any other Karazhan items)
    Second it looks like that procs more offen for Beastmastery than MM
    So far i havent tested it on raid encouter but if i`m luck this week with HC raid will see it there too.But its very effective with clearing large packs of mobs in WQs
    This trinket would be insane if was on Use but sadly is it not
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-11-02 at 02:33 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=118

One of our hunter with the trinket on Mythic Dragon of Nightmare. It's did 13 mil damage as ~10% of his total damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanek View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=118

One of our hunter with the trinket on Mythic Dragon of Nightmare. It's did 13 mil damage as ~10% of his total damage.
    Wow ... this trinket is fucking amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    Wow ... this trinket is fucking amazing.
    Can confirm! As MM it hits for around 300k non crit AoE. Sometimes it procs back to back so it's good even for single target. Also has Mastery, I mean this thing is made for MM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Can confirm! As MM it hits for around 300k non crit AoE. Sometimes it procs back to back so it's good even for single target. Also has Mastery, I mean this thing is made for MM!
    Can also confirm. hits for 300k at ilvl 860. Crits for 600, and 900k+ during trueshot. Wouldnt use it on Nythendra or ursoc. Any fight with adds or multiple bosses it can do 10%+ of my total dmg as MM.