Gear Optimization - Suggestions

Yo!
    Guys i need help! I feel like my gear require some optimization, and i'd love to hear some thoughts and suggestions.
    I dont feel comfortable with my current glvoes/feet slots due to bad stats. Chest is big meh as well. Neck is fairly low on the iLvL.
    Did i nail it? Or im missing something else ?
    Here's my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Araloth/simple

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Kjarl Grimblood; 2016-11-01 at 01:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Err, bragging thread much?

You obviously know the stat values since you mention that gloves/feet (which are the only bad pieces) have bad stats.. Other than that, as you said, the neck ilvl is shit.. But I mean, seriously, there's not much you can do to optimize gear anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Err, bragging thread much?

You obviously know the stat values since you mention that gloves/feet (which are the only bad pieces) have bad stats.. Other than that, as you said, the neck ilvl is shit.. But I mean, seriously, there's not much you can do to optimize gear anymore?
    I wish i had something to brag about :/ Trust me, my Hunter mates from the guild shit on me gear wise.
    My question was basically this: Should i replace the gloves/feet/chest slots, will i notice a difference?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, sorry for jumping to conclusions then

Ideally, run simcraft to get your own stat weights (If Simcraft is to hard to figure out for you, just take the stat values posted by Azor from Icy-Veins. Then insert the values into Pawn (Or similar/do the calculations manually) too see if any piece would be an upgrade.

There are cases where higher ilvl items will be better even though they have subotimal stats, but it all depends on what stats and how big of an ilvl difference.. The above way is the only way to know what theoretically is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Alright, sorry for jumping to conclusions then

Ideally, run simcraft to get your own stat weights (If Simcraft is to hard to figure out for you, just take the stat values posted by Azor from Icy-Veins. Then insert the values into Pawn (Or similar/do the calculations manually) too see if any piece would be an upgrade.

There are cases where higher ilvl items will be better even though they have subotimal stats, but it all depends on what stats and how big of an ilvl difference.. The above way is the only way to know what theoretically is the best.
    Its ok
    I run SimCraft on myself all the time, currently standing on 365k according to the sim, and the equiped items are the best i could get.

I run my own Sims, adjust stat weights etc.. maybe I am doing something wrong but does anyone else see their actual dps going down while simcraft dps has it going up? The higher ilvl equipment seems to mostly be mastery/crit - usually replacing a mastery/haste item. Pawn is telling me the mastery/crit gear is an upgrade and simcraft is even simming higher - but in reality losing almost 13% haste for crit has made my live dps actually go down - even adjusting stat weights everytime i switch a piece out, pawn will still tell me its an upgrade and yet im doing less and less actual damage.

Again, this could easily be a mistake on my part but just curious if anyone else is having this issue or can see where I am going wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Exovise View Post
    I run my own Sims, adjust stat weights etc.. maybe I am doing something wrong but does anyone else see their actual dps going down while simcraft dps has it going up? The higher ilvl equipment seems to mostly be mastery/crit - usually replacing a mastery/haste item. Pawn is telling me the mastery/crit gear is an upgrade and simcraft is even simming higher - but in reality losing almost 13% haste for crit has made my live dps actually go down - even adjusting stat weights everytime i switch a piece out, pawn will still tell me its an upgrade and yet im doing less and less actual damage.

Again, this could easily be a mistake on my part but just curious if anyone else is having this issue or can see where I am going wrong
    I feel exactly the same mate. And im almost 100% sure im lacking a good deal of haste