Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry bring pvp gear back!

Dear mmo useres... plz help me to shout this as loud as you can:

Plz bring us pvp gear back! I hate pvp without pvp gear... it feels stupid and even for the casual players it was nice to farm!

Pvp gear with more stam could stop the hole one shotting thing...

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. there is pvp gear in the game
    2. stamina can be adjusted through the pvp templates

I say remove pve tier sets or let people collect them with Valor currency or something similar... In world pvp gear matters more than instanced pvp, and I can only imagine what's going to happen when Nighthold will be live...

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    1. there is pvp gear in the game
    2. stamina can be adjusted through the pvp templates
    Yes there is pvp gear in the game and its awful. Not only the gear itself but how you get it from rng bullshit that blizzard loves to put in every game they make now. The vindictive gear is also 840 which is pretty laughable seeing as how you can run a few mythics and have better gear than the supposed pvp gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Yes there is pvp gear in the game and its awful. Not only the gear itself but how you get it from rng bullshit that blizzard loves to put in every game they make now. The vindictive gear is also 840 which is pretty laughable seeing as how you can run a few mythics and have better gear than the supposed pvp gear.
    Once you get higher rating you get better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    Dear mmo useres... plz help me to shout this as loud as you can:

Plz bring us pvp gear back! I hate pvp without pvp gear... it feels stupid and even for the casual players it was nice to farm!

Pvp gear with more stam could stop the hole one shotting thing...

What do you guys think?
    No. That makes no sense.

Stamina is adjusted via templates, the same as all of the other stats. If PvP was gear dependent again, all it would cause is more balance issues by certain specs scaling better as we progress through the expansion, reaching higher stat levels.

The "one-shot" issue is mainly from certain specs who are being nerfed this maintenance.

I'm not a huge pvper and I never really pvp'd too often but I did like the old pvp gear

i dc about ilvl gear, but i do care about Elite Tier xmog, blizzard SHOULD bring back vendors with Elite Tiers skins or simply make it 840 ilvl so that it wont offset any pve/pvp, since most ppl 2k cr + will alr have ilvl 840-850 at least.

I also do not undestand why blizzard did not give any PvP tabards or wpn enchants to pvpers, this is 1st season since wrath when we do not have a PvP tabard, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Once you get higher rating you get better gear.
    You make it sound like getting higher rating is inevitable or even possible for 90% of players....

which, mathematically, it is not.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you leave 1.1k rating you will actually get better gear.

Also PvP templates make the old PvP gear system redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Also PvP templates make the old PvP gear system redundant.
    I think PvP templates is a good idea in Theory but just like communism in RLF it will never work out as intended.

Since blizzard just increasing or decreasing stats instead of fixing class' abilities/design

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You make it sound like getting higher rating is inevitable or even possible for 90% of players....

which, mathematically, it is not.
    You don't exactly have to get high.

2k is the elite gear cutoff.

Before: PvP Gear
    Today: Artifact Knowledge / Artifact Talents / PvP Talents

They replaced one with the other .. The community is split now, some like the old way some like the new way ..

You don't exactly have to get high.

2k is the elite gear cutoff.
    and by design 85% of players CANNOT achieve 2k.

Pyramidal. Ladder. System.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Then they need to get better.

Even less people can raid mythic, you know.

Deleted
    Its pretty disturbing to see that people in this game cannot play anything if there isn't a carrot at the end. Do you play for the game or for the carrot? Because most games don't need carrots to make you play.

If you are that concerned about wanting to one shot green geared noobs in pvp and feel strong, just do Wpvp. That is if you are one of those numerous "pvpers" who prefer to faceroll people rather than seeking competition.

But either way pvp is still garbage this expansion and unbalanced because class design is poor, gameplay is fit for PVE encounters but not PVP (too much CC even after the prune) and artifact power and pvp honor talents do not equate balance.

PvP will always be a joke in this game, rating sytem or not, having a "ladder" doesn't make it less of a joke. Hearthstone has competition too, its still a joke eitherway.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-11-02 at 09:44 AM.

Stamina can be adjusted through pvp templates if they think there is too much 1-shotting.

You no longer need gear, unless you just want to roflstomp undergeared players to increase your e-peen.

This system is way better than the old PvP gear was.

You can hit 110 and you're basically good to go and have fun PvPing, instead of just getting murdered over and over again with no chance. PvP talents are actually pretty cool, and don't take any longer to unlock than it used to take to get a full set of PvP gear.

The only real complaint I have is artifact power, I think that max artifact traits should just be part of the PvP templates so it's more balanced, but it's still significantly better than it used to be when the old gear system was in place.

Then they need to get better.
    You don't get it.

Suppose the players do get better. All 85% of them. All 100% of them even. Did their ratings change? No, they are exactly the same as before they all "got better".

That's what is meant by "by design". It really is by design. The system is designed to have only a small percentage on top. By design.

Get it now?

Your advice to "get better" does not work if it is applied universally. It only kind of works if applied to a few players who then get better *and take ratings = gear away* from other people who were used to be "better" before. (Ie, you, for example. Or me, if I kept playing, or some others in the thread.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This system is way better than the old PvP gear was.

You can hit 110 and you're basically good to go and have fun PvPing, instead of just getting murdered over and over again with no chance. PvP talents are actually pretty cool, and don't take any longer to unlock than it used to take to get a full set of PvP gear.

The only real complaint I have is artifact power, I think that max artifact traits should just be part of the PvP templates so it's more balanced, but it's still significantly better than it used to be when the old gear system was in place.
    Well, after you hit 110, you aren't good to go and have fun PVPing.

You say yourself that artifact prevents that. I'd add honor talents for some specs (I think I was noting before that unholy need all 50 talents to start having fun, their talent 50 is too significant for the style).

And that comes *on top* of the usual ~10% difference in stats between "I am new" and "I've been playing for some time", which was the only difference we had in previous expansions. Fine, maybe it is now 7% instead of 10%, but that's because we are just in the first season.

I fail to see how the new system is better - it is strictly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Well, after you hit 110, you aren't good to go and have fun PVPing.

You say yourself that artifact prevents that. I'd add honor talents for some specs (I think I was noting before that unholy need all 50 talents to start having fun, their talent 50 is too significant for the style).

And that comes *on top* of the usual ~10% difference in stats between "I am new" and "I've been playing for some time", which was the only difference we had in previous expansions. Fine, maybe it is now 7% instead of 10%, but that's because we are just in the first season.

I fail to see how the new system is better - it is strictly worse.
    Ummm, no lol.

You can go PvP as soon as you hit 110 now, unlocking honor talents doesn't take too long and you PvP to get them, plus they aren't super relevant for most classes.

The difference in stats is like 5% now, before it was literally 50%+. A fresh level 100 couldn't kill a geared level 100 regardless of skill, talents or literally anything else, it simply wasn't possible. Now if you're a good player you can make up the 5% stat difference in play.

The *only* current issue is artifact power, but that isn't nearly as big of a problem as gear used to be.