Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People keep mentioning Mythic + 5-10 but keep forgetting only a small % does that
    It can be done in lower difficulties of course. I did 3 or 4 Mythic dungeons and got 1 fragment each time from the endboss. When we did our Mythic+ dungeons, we got the same amount of fragments as the Mythic+ level we did. So even mythic+2 or +3, which has no affix and is therefore not that much harder than the regular Mythic dungeons, you would get 2-3 fragments each run. In higher level it's just faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man people bitch about everything lol

"Oh no! I have to do content to complete quests and get stuff! Booohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Man people bitch about everything lol

"Oh no! I have to do content to complete quests and get stuff! Booohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
    It's lazy development

Get people to run dungeons so much until they hate them. I did a Mythic 0 and got 1. I did 4 heroics and got 0. These drops should be 100% drop and reward 1 normal 2 heroic 3 mythic 0 and so on...

It actually does work that way, just with a lower starting value. M+ is pretty much guaranteed to drop multiples each run.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    A lot of people are making the claim that you only need to do 12 dungeons to get your fragments and this is factually untrue. I have 12 fragments and I do a daily heroic every day and a mythic+2 each week. I also did the attunement for Kara (4 mythics) and Kara itself and still only have 12 yet I've done way more than 12 dungeons. The drop rate for heroics is practically zero and I don't think mythics is much higher. Add this to the fact that the end reward is an 855 and it is a dumb quest design.
    You do realise that you only get a maximum of 10 per week?

do your weekly +10 chest and gain 10 fragments not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    There's likely going to be a cosmetic reward of some kind tied to it, and more story as well. You can see that story in a youtube video, and cosmetic things are by their nature optional. Personally, I'm not going to spam mythics of any kind to get my 10 fragments a week, I'm just going to let it complete as I go. I'd find it particularly strange, even with Blizzard's more questionable RNG/gating choices lately, to see them gate anything of gameplay significance behind this.
    If you play you basically get it for free, a mythic+5 gives 5/10 of your weekly fragments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamoo View Post
    It is needed for the Flying chain quest in the next patch...=]
    Absolutely not. They would specify it. Besides, they will reward flying mostly for playing in the world, not in instances.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It actually does work that way, just with a lower starting value. M+ is pretty much guaranteed to drop multiples each run.

You do realise that you only get a maximum of 10 per week?
    You do realize I do a minimum of 7 dungeons a week and generally end up with 0? Yes 10 is the maximum you can get which still means this quest takes a minimum of 8 weeks which I would also say is poor design but the drop rate is very low for regular heroics/mythics.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    It's lazy development

Get people to run dungeons so much until they hate them. I did a Mythic 0 and got 1. I did 4 heroics and got 0. These drops should be 100% drop and reward 1 normal 2 heroic 3 mythic 0 and so on...
    I'm not disagreeing there.

But it's something to do during the week. Once you've got reputations up dungeons are a good alternative. And frankly people should be past doing just heroic mode now. Most people should be doing at least Mythic if not a few pluses. I barely play and can still rock Mythic +s.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    If you play you basically get it for free, a mythic+5 gives 5/10 of your weekly fragments
    You both realize not everyone does this high level of mythic right? I'm ilevel 862 but have only done +2 because as a balance druid I get auto-declined for everything. And yes, I know, I can start my own group or run with guildies but I haven't as of yet but I do run my fair share of dungeons which should be good enough to get me the shards.

Signature Created by Jassinta

7+ Year Old Account
    i hate that quest.

Formerly known as Arafal

"omg more content being """"gated"""" behind the evil elitist mythic dungeons"

Is there anything even remotely challenging that you guys won't complain about? You don't NEED to have the quest reward. If Mythic are so horrible then why do you need this presumably Nighthold pre-quest. And why do you want flying when you're not going anywhere other than your class hall and the normal / heroic dungeon queue anyway?
    You may now kiss the ring.

the thing 0.4% of players have completed

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You both realize not everyone does this high level of mythic right? I'm ilevel 862 but have only done +2 because as a balance druid I get auto-declined for everything. And yes, I know, I can start my own group or run with guildies but I haven't as of yet but I do run my fair share of dungeons which should be good enough to get me the shards.
    It's enough without doing M+ but don't be fooled, single affix mythic+ is very easy and you can make your own group to get 10 shards from +4 to +6 in about an hour any day of the week.

Humblebrag crits MMO-Champion for 1,553,331. We lol'd.

Deleted
    I'm not disagreeing there.

But it's something to do during the week. Once you've got reputations up dungeons are a good alternative. And frankly people should be past doing just heroic mode now. Most people should be doing at least Mythic if not a few pluses. I barely play and can still rock Mythic +s.
    I don't do Mythic + because unless you're in a guild that does Mythics you're stuck with the awful manual PuG system that's full of players with terrible attitude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    It's enough without doing M+ but don't be fooled, single affix mythic+ is very easy and you can make your own group to get 10 shards from +4 to +6 in about an hour any day of the week.
    Have you tried pugging as dps? You can be an hour just getting a group

I don't do Mythic + because unless you're in a guild that does Mythics you're stuck with the awful manual PuG system that's full of players with terrible attitude

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried pugging as dps? You can be an hour just getting a group
    "If you meet an asshole today, fuck it, you met an asshole. If you meet ten assholes today, then you're probably the asshole"
    You may now kiss the ring.

Guys like... srsly. Just accept that quest and collect that stuff while you are playing. There are 2 possibilities:

- You are a "hardcore progress player" that does want to get the best stuff as soon as possible because he needs it for his raids -> You will do > M+5 either way every week and you will have your item as soon as possible. In case it is an item, we don't even know that yet.

- You are not a hardcore player. Now it does not matter if it takes 8 weeks or 16. You will get your reward either way. No need to run 10 mythics a week.

No reason to be angry about something like that.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2016-11-02 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]
    I've actually had good luck with the pug groups. That's how I've done all of my Mythics and Mythic +s. There's only one other person in my guild.

I may start looking for a new guild now that I think about it lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    "If you meet an asshole today, fuck it, you met an asshole. If you meet ten assholes today, then you're probably the asshole"
    What utter hogwash

- - - Updated - - -

I've actually had good luck with the pug groups. That's how I've done all of my Mythics and Mythic +s. There's only one other person in my guild.

I may start looking for a new guild now that I think about it lol
    Which is cool, unfortunately when you have 1 or 2 terrible groups that waste over an hour or two with nothing to really show for it that really puts you off doing it further