Infernal Brimstone rank 2

Hey all

I've been doing the WQ since release and I'm still stuck at rank 1. Is this just bad luck with rng? I read some time ago that the quest had a bug that had been fixed or something like that.

Cheers.

Deleted
    Hey! Well I'm on same boat - mined about 130 brimstones and still no rank 2. Checked guild and noone from guild have rank 2 maybe its bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    the thing is, herbalists and skinners get it like on the second node they do
    Not sure about skinners as mine isn't 110 yet.

Herbalists don't get it on the second node. They get the initial quest on the first pick they do and they turn it in. If they have Rank 1 in all the herbs then they will get Rank 2 immediately (or the next day if it bugs). They will then do this. Once they receive Rank 2 in all the herbs then Rank 3 will pop up.

So Rank 1 is dependent on looting the herb while the rest are keeping your ranks up.

Mining is weird as I got Rank 1 off the first brimstone and have been sitting at Rank 2 on all the ore types, but nothing. I'm currently on Rank 3 on some (stupid RNG) and still nothing. So who knows how this one works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Herbalists don't get it on the second node. They get the initial quest on the first pick they do and they turn it in. If they have Rank 1 in all the herbs then they will get Rank 2 immediately (or the next day if it bugs). They will then do this. Once they receive Rank 2 in all the herbs then Rank 3 will pop up.
    That cannot be true. I have all rank 2 except Foxflower (r1), I've gathered more than 3000 of those without seeing the rank 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    That cannot be true. I have all rank 2 except Foxflower (r1), I've gathered more than 3000 of those without seeing the rank 2.
    Then you should have Rank 2 Felwort, but won't be able to get Rank 3. Several comments on wowhead even say this along with personal experience. As I was Rank 2 in everything but Fjarn and could only get Rank 2. Once I hit Rank 2 Fjarn I was able to get Rank 3 immediately.