Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Here's a link to some info :

http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.co.u...t-preview.html

UPDATE: The quest chains seem to follow this pattern

1. Level the hatchling to 25.
    2. Take your falcosaur hatchling to one of the major cities of your faction.
    3. Defeat 3 specific wild pets using your hatchling.
    4. Complete 5 World Quests with the hatchling summoned out for a specific zone.
    5. Start and complete 3 Pet Battle WQs with the hatchling as primary pet and summoned out.
    6. Complete 1 Rare Elite WQ with the hatchling summoned out.
    7. Defeat 3 specific wild pets using your hatchling. (different ones than #3)
    8. Complete 3 PVP WQs with hatchling summoned out.
    9. Buy an item from Dalaran for the hatchling.
    10. Defeat 3 specific wild pets using the hatchling plus 2 pets of a specific pet family.
    11. Defeat a dungeon boss with the hatchling summoned out (any mode).
    12. Defeat 3 specific wild pets using the hatchling plus 2 pets of a specific pet family.
    13. Defeat a Raid boss with the hatchling summoned out (any mode?).
    Reward: Ultimate Battle-Training Stone
    However I didn't get them all in that exact order, some were similar in order then it varied a bit, then you get the final quest [Sharptalon Reunion] [Snowfeather Reunion] which rewards the mounts.

And yes each pet needs a raid kill, and it works in LFR.

Ouch. For someone who hasn't done any pet battling, that looks like it will take awhile to get several teams of pets ready. And I thought the raid mission would be the difficult part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Ouch. For someone who hasn't done any pet battling, that looks like it will take awhile to get several teams of pets ready. And I thought the raid mission would be the difficult part.
    I have multiple pets at 25, but the Falco pets are good so I just use 3 of them for WQ

TIP: IF you have WoD garrison on some of your characters - go to it, get pet quest in garrison, get your pet +25 levels stone in 10 sec. I have like 8 toons with garrisons wich means eight 25 level pets almost for free.

Deleted
    Yeh, i don't have even lvl5 pets, but i think i still have that stone from garrison. I could try to get pet battle team in theory, but that pvp WQ was enough. Good to know though, so i don't need to pay attention for hatchling when doing falcosaur WQ's.

The 'hardest' part of the questline for me was doing the Pet Battle wqs with the falcosaur and some specific family pets. I had a rough time with Falcosaur + 2 magic pets in particular as one of the only pet wqs up was the bully one, and he's just a huge pita.

And I have a 'finished' collection.

Are the quests time-gated? I did the quest to take the Bloodgazer Hatchling to Silvermoon and didn't get any follow-ups from there even after re-zoning and resummoning the pet.

I feel like they buffed Kingfeather spawn chance since I saw two up at the same time so it might be easier to do Bloodgazern ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Are the quests time-gated? I did the quest to take the Bloodgazer Hatchling to Silvermoon and didn't get any follow-ups from there even after re-zoning and resummoning the pet.
    It's a daily thing. Unless you have other 110 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Anyone found out how to unlock the new title yet? Being exalted does not seem to be enough.
    Either it needs all four mounts or the title is just bugged since it was never actually gotten on PTR it might have just slipped under their radar and is unintended. Put in a report maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you not get quest credit anymore if you switch characters to try and complete the rest of the quest on different alts? Or are the quests just being buggy af again for me?

I just tried to finish a 'complete 3 pet battle WQs with Snowfeather + Undead team'. Only 1 WQ was up so did it on my 1st character and got 1/3 credit. Then did it on a 2nd character with the same team, no credit, then did it on a 3rd character with the same team and no credit again. Am I missing something here? The quests are marked as account wide and I've done this character switching a couple of days ago and it worked then...

I'm finding a lot of the pet battle WQs pretty tough, particularly the master trainers, considering I have never done pet battles since its implementation and have very few lvl 25 pets (having to borrow from guildies). I tend to do fine on the solo boss ones, but the master trainers just destroy me simply cause I don't have the pet variety to counter them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Do you not get quest credit anymore if you switch characters to try and complete the rest of the quest on different alts? Or are the quests just being buggy af again for me?

I just tried to finish a 'complete 3 pet battle WQs with Snowfeather + Undead team'. Only 1 WQ was up so did it on my 1st character and got 1/3 credit. Then did it on a 2nd character with the same team, no credit, then did it on a 3rd character with the same team and no credit again. Am I missing something here? The quests are marked as account wide and I've done this character switching a couple of days ago and it worked then...

I'm finding a lot of the pet battle WQs pretty tough, particularly the master trainers, considering I have never done pet battles since its implementation and have very few lvl 25 pets (having to borrow from guildies). I tend to do fine on the solo boss ones, but the master trainers just destroy me simply cause I don't have the pet variety to counter them properly.
    I had this same thing, turns out it needs to be a DIFFERENT world quest. The same ones wont count for the same pet, even on different characters. So again, it needs to be 3 different world quests. Don't forget the one in dalaran thats always there, it counts.

Got 2 mounts already, the other 2 requires raid which is not yet available.
    The raid mission is easy, you can finish it in LFR.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
    I had this same thing, turns out it needs to be a DIFFERENT world quest. The same ones wont count for the same pet, even on different characters. So again, it needs to be 3 different world quests. Don't forget the one in dalaran thats always there, it counts.
    Thanks, this worked when I did the Dalaran one (which I didn't even know about as it doesn't come up on my map for some reason).

Guess I'm going to have to wait a couple days to complete these ones while waiting for the easier pet battle WQs to pop up.

simple question
    how you powerlevel your battlepets nowadays?
    where you go? which trainers?

To add to the above question...

I pull this list off reddit for a place to start building my teams. Any comments on these

Unbord Val'kyr - Pandaren Water Spirit - Chrominius (basically, you launch all the delayed attacks from the first two pets, then Chrominius will lower their defense, all the burst goes off same turn, then Chrom drops his huge damage attack to finish)

There are other combos but they will become more apparent as you level pets and fight trainers.

Other really useful pets:

Flying: Gilnean Raven/Crow (ultra-high dps) Moths! Emporer Moth is easy to catch and level, Yellow Moth has the best power of all moths and is generally considered the top pick (great pick, fast, good movesets)

Aquatic: Pandaren Water Spirit (above combo) Emporer Crab (someone with Shell Shield and Renewing Mists, great tank) Eternal Strider (anything with Pump basically)

Mech: Clockwork Gnome (fast, has turret ability for great combos with lightning storm weather) Darkmoon Zeppelin (good dps, decoy ability) Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (good dps, dragon ability on a mech body, decoy ability) Iron Starlette (anything with roll out ability) Darkmoon Tonk (charge ability) Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (lightning storm weather, has magic and mech moves, and his own dot to activate the lightning storm)

Magic: don't really use too many magic pets, but good ones I know: Legs Willy Viscidus Globule

Dragon: Emerald Proto-Whelp (P/P breed has huge healing and dps) Sprite Darter (another good dragon filler) Nexus Whelpling Celestial Dragon (magic moves on dragon body)

Humanoid: Kun-Lai Runt (P/P build has amazing dps, critter killer) Anubisath Idol (most versatile pet in game, amazing tank) Flayer Youngling

Elemental: Lil Ragnaros (pay to win baby) Lava Crab (f2p ragnaros)

Undead: Scourged Whelpling (dragon moves on undead body) Unborn Val'kyr (ascension is one of the best moves in the game, needed for combo above) Restless Shadeling Fossilized Hatchling

Critter: Stinker (bleet is best aoe healing ability in the game) critters are kinda whatever...don't really use too much, lots to pick from if you want, Rabbits are good I hear

Beast: Alpine Foxling Kit (anything with dazzling dance really) Chrominius (beast/magic moves with good debuff, part of combo above)

how do i get the sharptalon mount? I killed Xavius with him, got the stone and now he isn't giving me any more quests. It's been 2 days.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I just got my Viridian Sharptalon today, but it doesn't seem to work in my mount macro. Even a simple macro such as

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Viridian Sharptalon
    doesn't work. Anyone who has this mount, or another Falcosaur, could you double check if it works for you?

For reference, this is the macro I'm usually using for my mounts:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /use [mod:alt]Azure Water Strider;[mod:ctrl]Traveler's Tundra Mammoth;[mod:shift]Corrupted Dreadwing;[swimming]Fathom Dweller;Infernal Direwolf

Anyone else who cannot finish the 3 pet WQ quest with the Bloodgazer due to a bug? I've finished 6 pet WQs with the pet, but the counter stays at 1/3. The Bloodgazer survives the match and even does damage to at least one opponent, but I don't get credit for it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Anyone else who cannot finish the 3 pet WQ quest with the Bloodgazer due to a bug? I've finished 6 pet WQs with the pet, but the counter stays at 1/3. The Bloodgazer survives the match and even does damage to at least one opponent, but I don't get credit for it
    its cause it likes to dismiss itself, it has to be in the team, survive the fight, and be summoned at the end of the fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

To add to the above question...

I pull this list off reddit for a place to start building my teams. Any comments on these
    Most of it still holds up, except for the very first one. That setup relied on a whole bunch of attacks benefiting from the 100% damage increased debuff that Chrominius would put up. But they changed how that debuff works, it now only applies to the very first attack. All subsequent attacks will deal regular damage. The particular setup was easily able to blow up pretty much any single legendary pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    simple question
    how you powerlevel your battlepets nowadays?
    where you go? which trainers?
    Being Alliance I might occasionally do the Ashlei tamer in SMV. It's very easy to reach for Alliance (close to garrison), it's a very easy fight and the leveling pet doesn't need to have a minimum amount of health.
    But I do most of my pet leveling by just buying stones from a vendor. I finished the 2000 pet battle monument almost entirely off Draenor pet dailies and still have thousands of pet charms banked. Leveling a specific pet only requires 72 stones.