Smile Some advice required for Sin Rogue.

Hey guys, I need some advice on how to improve my performance in raids. According to warcraftlogs I'm doing extremely poorly on ST fights in comparison to others of a similar ilvl in H EN, like Nyth and Ursoc. I'm pretty new to rogue so please be gentle. Thanks in advance.

Links to logs of my recent parses : www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/GkatN2ThXb3LmQMg/#type=damage-done&source=10&fight=9
    Armory : us.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/galius/advanced

I know my gear isn't exactly optimal and I'm working on it atm. (Can't post proper links, new account due to being a long time lurker)

I'd work on 6 CP Ruptures instead of lower ones

Your stats seem to be close enough to try EP/AP instead of EP/Exsang

Maintain EP uptime ( by Envenoming with 1~4 CPs ) during your offensive CDs, and while you wait for offensive CDs to come back, do 4~6 CPs Envenoms

Thanks for the advice! I read that it's okay to go for 5 cp ruptures, should I just mut for the last cp in that case then? I've never gone lower than 5 cp for ruptures on most fights but it does seem like my rupture damage is kinda low. I'll go make a few test runs with AP then, to see if works out better for me now.

No, the last CP should be with FoK instead of Mutilate

Ah I totally forgot about FoK. Thanks! Feels like the one cp shouldn't create such a large disparity between my dps and peers of similar ilvl though. Excluding pots and specific legs.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can also generate an extra CP with KB now, if its available, which is preferable to FoK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithany View Post
    Ah I totally forgot about FoK. Thanks! Feels like the one cp shouldn't create such a large disparity between my dps and peers of similar ilvl though. Excluding pots and specific legs.
    More CPs increase both the DoT length AND its damage. You ideally want to be refreshing your Rup with Pandemic as well, which takes the added value from the base of the new cast (so a 6CP Rup will get extra Pandemic over a 5CP Rup).

Seeing as Rup is your #1 damage, the name of the game for all Sin builds is maximising it.

One 5CP Rup won't kill you - hell, throw up a 3CP Rup if it falls off completely (due to downtime, mechanics, a screw up etc) and you only have 3CP. Get it back on board then refresh it ASAP with a 6CP. Its doing low CP Rups multiple times per fight which will impact you markedly.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

KB can grant up to 3 CP though so you're still likely to waste CP.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind since multiple people have told me that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    KB can grant up to 3 CP though so you're still likely to waste CP.
    That's true as well, I don't think I'll use KB for that last CP, since I'll also miss out on envenom which ultimately results in a loss in dps from the DOT from KB.

Deleted
    I noticed your Garrote uptime is close to 80%. The garrote ability has a very important function for any assassination build. The damage it does is good, but the thing that is more important is the energy gain you get through your passive venomous wounds (which is buffed by your lvl 100 talent to 10 energy.)

In general the Exsanguinate build is more difficult to play, because there are some traps you can fall into. I suggest you transition to the EP/AP build which is more friendly for newer players to the spec. Your gear is good enough to try it out and it should give you more flexibility to get a feeling for how to play the Elaborate planning part of the rotation.

Are you using any addons to track durations and cds for your abilities? If you are not I can suggest the addon Weak Auras and import EZO strings. Those are a good place to start with. They give a lot of information in an intuitive way that doesn't take up too much space on your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    Weak Auras and import EZO strings. Those are a good place to start with. They give a lot of information in an intuitive way that doesn't take up too much space on your screen.
    Where can I grab these import strings

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uras-all-specs

It for all specs so pick and choose what you like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    No, the last CP should be with FoK instead of Mutilate
    i keep seeing this and i use FoK for the last combo point, but do we have a source on this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    i keep seeing this and i use FoK for the last combo point, but do we have a source on this?
    FoK is cheap and grants 1CP base, compared to Mut which is almost double the energy cost and grants 2 base (which means at least one and possibly 3CP will be wasted for sure, for higher energy cost).

Poisoned Knife would be used if it wasn't so hideously energy-expensive.

Obviously the best option for the 6th CP would be Garotte if its off CD though.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    Common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    I noticed your Garrote uptime is close to 80%. The garrote ability has a very important function for any assassination build. The damage it does is good, but the thing that is more important is the energy gain you get through your passive venomous wounds (which is buffed by your lvl 100 talent to 10 energy.)

In general the Exsanguinate build is more difficult to play, because there are some traps you can fall into. I suggest you transition to the EP/AP build which is more friendly for newer players to the spec. Your gear is good enough to try it out and it should give you more flexibility to get a feeling for how to play the Elaborate planning part of the rotation.

Are you using any addons to track durations and cds for your abilities? If you are not I can suggest the addon Weak Auras and import EZO strings. Those are a good place to start with. They give a lot of information in an intuitive way that doesn't take up too much space on your screen.
    Yea actually for a period of time I admittedly got mistaken on when I should be using Exsang and refreshed garrote before using it, which I think shouldn't be the case since I'll miss out on the more constant energy regen after due to it being on CD.

I'm just using Z-Perl, been using it since wotlk and tracking debuffs have been working okay for me,(also I'm a sucker for lazy ways to run addons) since I've always been playing a UH dk and I've been dealing with disease tracking and whatnots. I stopped playing for a few expacs so I'm kind of new to the concept of pandemic, still trying to get used to refreshing DoTs early. I might pick up on your suggestion to use WA for EP though, feels like a chore to keep track of it at times.

Might also try out AP/MP, since I have a chunk of mastery as well to see if it helps with easing into Sin, seeing that I picked up SoT as well and being close to my third gold dragon.