Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Wooh flying demon pony for warlocks! Always wished ours could fly. And eh...another dragon mount for my dk. Looks pretty sick but wish it was some other sort of creature.
    I just used the Reigns of the Headless Horseman for my warlock. Seemed fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Thank God. I was wanting another ground mount that only my paladin can use when I get access to flying in the same patch...........
    It flies... just like the HH mount. They just didn't show it in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Please learn your terminology. You are woefully inadequate.
    Hardly, I described it rather well. Recolour + some new greater cosmetic details. Oh and the skull is slightly different. Don't get pissy because you can't admit it's pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's funny reading their attempts to try and say it's not the same mount. Classic case of "tried too hard and now their post is shit". Those two mounts are nearly identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Hardly, I described it rather well. Recolour + some new greater cosmetic details. Oh and the skull is slightly different. Don't get pissy because you can't admit it's pretty much the same thing.
    You're ignorant of the actual terms, no one will take you seriously if you dont sound like you know what you're talking about. More than the skull is different. You think other people parroting you means you're magically right. You either dance around the points put across with schoolyard arguement tactics or still insist on the WRONG terminology for 3D models in graphics.

color/texture = Image that is mapped over the 3D model as its skin. In this case its not a recolor. A recolor retains the same textures and model but shifts the color tones only. This mount does not, as we can see above. Even the segments which are similar (because as i said its a horse) are angled differently (the rear thighs, hooves, neck, one having detailed3D designs/segments for the armor compared to the other being just texture or disjointed angles not shared by the other) was built from the ground up but based on the core principles of the animals design.

They dont share the same texture skin, or even the same 3D model. Atbest they have the same animation skeleton (because as i said, its a horse).

You guys are like the counterfeit dude in Black Sails trying to argue the paintings are the same. "fruit.. fruit.."
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-05 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Seriously? Rogues are amazing. Easily one of the best mounts shown. Elegant but something unique as f.
    its a farting raven ^^

Your arguments are asinine and have no merit other than pointing out my use of vague and general descriptions. In that first picture you posted you can clearly see the similarities, ignoring the recolour argument.

3 bands of armour on the back of the neck, the chest plate with similar runes, the double plate under the saddle, the forelocks on the hooves are extremely similar, the "beard"......need I go on?

*edit* I will say the skull is different, and the newer model does have a higher poly at a glance.
    I was editing the post while you quoted. I pointed out the thigh and hooves area are designed differently. The tails are different. Look at the ankles (3D model wise) and angles of the hoof. Angles of the rear thighs. The other one doenst even have leg fet locks (the beard you mention).

The 3D modeling of the new one is overall bulkier and thicker from the legs, hooves and body. Its more than the texture which is detailed and different its the shape of the 3D model itself. they have seperately designed 3D models which circle around being a horse.

That being said, outside of these technical details. I agree the Warlock should have recieved something more interesting and designed around the new demons we have seen.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-05 at 07:49 AM.

As hunter I want to trade my flying wolf(?) for mage disc

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I was editing the post while you quoted. I pointed out the thigh and hooves area are designed differently. The tails are different. Look at the ankles and angles of the hoof. Angles of the rear thighs The other one doenst even have leg fet locks (the beard you mention).

The 3D model of the new one is overall bulkier from the legs, hooves and body. they have seperately designed 3D models.
    I was looking at the first picture you posted, which wasn't the new model. Derp. Still it is an extremely similar model, with some higher poly armour stuck on with a new colour. You can agree it's not original for a Lok mount at least, unlike the Shaman mount which is a unique wind elemental model.

Mage get a disc hahah
    better than a fucking horse. HAHAHAHAHA PALADIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Am I the only one who like paladin one? It has classic paladin looks and could not be mistaken for any other class's mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Am I the only one who like paladin one? It has classic paladin looks and could not be mistaken for any other class's mount.
    I like the paladin one :3, it matches two of my transmogs and seems to be a light imbued horse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Base, red protodrake
    Re-Colour= Same texture, different colours=Green protodrake
    Re-Skin= Same model, Different texture=Ironbound protodrake
    Re-model= Same skeleton, differant model= The phoenix mounts from firelands

the phoenixes from firelands, and the protodrake share the same skeleton but DIFFERANT MODELS

a differant model, is when the geometry of a model is changed, or completely differant

so let me get this straight for ya...
    here is the red proto drake

Now, this is the green proto drake, notice how the ONLY THING that is changed it the colour? that is a recolour

now here we got the ironbound protodrake, notice how both the colour, but also the textures on the dragon are differant? runes, metalic look, this is called a reskin, same model, differant texture

and this is the reins of galakras, notice how the colours, textures, AND the model is differant, the model has armor, gaches, stuff added like the tusks, THIS is a remodel, same skeleton, but the model ontop of the skeleton, is differant

EVEN THIS MOUNT is a remodel of the proto drake, it looks 10000 times differant, but uses the same skeleton, you can see this by its shape, animations and how it stands

Here it is for those of you who don't get what recolour. Reskin. And remodel are. As a lot of you seem to call the warlock mount. And paladin mounts recolours and reskins...

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at the first picture you posted, which wasn't the new model. Derp. Still it is an extremely similar model, with some higher poly armour stuck on with a new colour. You can agree it's not original for a Lok mount at least, unlike the Shaman mount which is a unique wind elemental model.
    But all it is. Is the red cloud disc. But the cloud is changed into an air elemental. It's a extrranly similar model So basicly just the red cloud disc with higher poly elemental stuck on with a new colour. You can agree it's not original for a shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the idea of class mounts is SICK! i love it!

but seriously, what the fuck is that priest mount? not complaining at all but.... what IS it? do they appear anywhere else? its some weird looking owl thingy? is it related to elune or something?

Dk one is fucking awesome,

I'm actually hoping some are ground bound, not to be spiteful but some will look stupid flying. The elemental one, I know it's a air element, but I can't see that flying in my mind :/ and shaman is my main class this expac

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the shaman one but I think Blizz missed an opportunity to give warrior a storm drake

God iam loving this idea of Class Mounts Finally!

Here is my thoughts on the ones they came up with

MONK - Meh i mean seriously Meh its just that shado pan tiger with a few things thrown on it
    WARLOCK - Not too bad but it is just a updated version of the lock class mount
    HUNTER - Now we are talking this thing looks fucking badass and my Orc Hunter is gonna look sweet riding this badboy
    MAGE - I like this mount it suits the class very well.
    WARRIOR - WOW now that is one cool looking dragon!
    PALADIN - VERY underwhelming and i hope they go back to the drawing board on that one!
    PRIEST - HOLY FUCK THAT IS AWESOME!
    ROGUE - Now that does look cool for a rogue
    SHAMAN - Without a doubt prolly the best class mount BY FAR!
    DRUID - Not much to say it looks ok
    DEMON HUNTER - I was wondering when this mount was gonna show up and iam kinda bummed that DH is the only class that will prolly have it
    DEATH KNIGHT - Third best class mount IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    That's the first time I've been like "wooooow" about any wow content ever.
    The Monk and shaman ones were so amazing.

Liked all of them except for the pally mount, that seemed rather bland.
    Dude lol I'm right there with you. I loaded up the video expecting lame carrot on a sticks as usual but ended up with my mouth agape.

Like, an AIR ELEMENTAL?

WHY CANT THEIR CONTENT ALWAYS BE THIS AWESOME

*throws mid-wow-life-crisis tantrum and stare battles re-sub button*

Rogue and hunter <3

Warlocks are still treated like lepers. Felsteed with skeletal mount head, woo, so exciting. The horns, the tail and even the plates (especially the head/eye ones) seem familiar, i.e. reused from existing mounts. Can't have a new demonic mount for the Class that's heavily into demons into an expansion focusing on demons (and introducing many new ones). Nope, new demon stuff obviously goes to DHs. Because why wouldn't it.

On another note, Rogue one is cool and all, but I really don't see the link between Rogues and ravens. Other than Ravenholdt being the leader of their Class Order, but that's a really big stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That Frostwyrm would be awesome if it were blue instead of green. They did say something about customizable, right? Maybe you can pick from a few pre-created colors like with your artifact. I dunno.
    That would be nice. Matching purple demonic mount would at least make the "Felsteed, but (slightly) skeletal" more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    im disappointed in the mage one.... just why? why not some arcane elemental or something? new arcane construct? arcane golem with wings? but nah, we get a disc.
    Hmm, Suramar construct would be kinda interesting and fitting for a Mage.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-05 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    How can you not like Rogues' one...? :|
    Maybe I overreacted, but it's just a plain Raven. Which is not that awesome as dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I don't think it looks like a wolf. Its face almost looks more raccoon-like to me.
    Seeing it animated in a video reminded me of WotLK Wolvars, face-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.