Andersen was a goddamn beast last night. Gonna need him to steal some games like that over the next few years to make it anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Montreal know that they were playing a game today?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canadiens blown the feck out, Kesler 1 punched by Domi. What a night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Canadiens blown the feck out, Kesler 1 punched by Domi. What a night!
    It was a strange night. Habs got Roy'd, Jets score 4 in the third to win and Domi did what his old man was great at (and did what a lot of fans wanted).

Deleted
    Laine showing how it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you know, Montreal went 10-0 just the wrong way.

Well that game had everything. 124 minutes in penalties, goalies ejected, canucks losing.

This has been an incredibly entertaining season of hockey so far, even more so because of the World Cup (it was ok, but hockey is hockey).

10+ Year Old Account
    No discipline for Kadri

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    This has been an incredibly entertaining season of hockey so far, even more so because of the World Cup (it was ok, but hockey is hockey).
    So I missed most of the first month outside of the Hawks cause of Cubs consuming everything. Who can give a season recap up until this point for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So I missed most of the first month outside of the Hawks cause of Cubs consuming everything. Who can give a season recap up until this point for me?
    Montreal pretended that last season didn't exist and are pretty damn good (outside of the 10-0 loss). The kids are alright. The Pacific is a god damn mess. Quick goes down and Budaj just picks up and is outstanding.

Basically, teams that took a year off last year are bringing it up the rear again this year.

Biggest surprises. Oilers and Ottawa doing as well as they are. Columbus is actually doing decent. Islanders and Preds are hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    No discipline for Kadri
    Which is quite puzzling. Can't help but think if it was two different teams involved it would have had a different result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Which is quite puzzling. Can't help but think if it was two different teams involved it would have had a different result.
    This is why.

http://imgur.com/a/uvanQ

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Montreal insane with Price in net, but forgot to play hockey with backup there. New York Rangers scoring tons of goals and Vesey looking real good for them. Edmonton McDavids best start in a decade. Leafs already repeated the 4-1 OT loss 3 times this season but Andersen finally looking like he was last year. Ansimov looking like he's better than Kane right now which is even scarier for non Hawks. Laine competing for Rocket Richard ATM and Trouba still doesn't have a contract; rumour he doesn't want to play in Canada due to warrant for Father's arrest. Buffalo is still buffalo. CBJ won a game 10-0 to give Habs their only loss. Vancouver fans freaking out on other sites that Kadri wasn't suspended.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Principle point of contact was not the head, it was a shoulder on shoulder hit. Under the rules, that hit is completely legal even if it was a blind side hit. Someone should remind the Sedin sisters that they need to keep their heads up though, they seem to think that they are playing in some fantasy league where players don't check one another and that they shouldn't have to keep an eye out for opposition players trying to keep them out of the play.

Honestly, I am getting a little tired of the people who think that taking hitting out of the game pretty much entirely is going to make the game more fun. Sure, take fighting out and do more for actual head hits (honestly, there have already been a few this year and the suspensions were way too lenient considering what players have to deal with as far as concussions and head trauma both during and after their careers), and I definitely think they need to introduce a rule that does penalize a blind side hit if the hit is at shoulder height, if it's a blind side hip check than there should be no penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Preds are hot garbage.
    That's an understatement. When Matt freaking Irwin has as many goals ( 3) as Forsberg, Neal, and Johanson put together, you got some serious problems. Combine that with Pekka being done and the defense out of whack atm after the Subban/Weber trade, I'm surprised we have as many points as we do. Rinne isn't costing us games, but he sure as heck ain't winning us any.

It's been frustrating to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    New York Rangers scoring tons of goals and Vesey looking real good for them.
    I don't even know what the hell is going on with this team lol This is the most offense we have had in years. Too bad our defense is lackluster.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit that sucks. We were close to getting Vesey.

- - - Updated - - -

Why haven't the Leafs named Matthews captain yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Charging accross the ice, to deliver a blindside hit, then leaving your feet when its too low, popping his helmet off is by far more than suspendable. Guaranteed, with two different teams, you would see a different result.