Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeh it's to vague, I don't believe a sec blizz would drop a bomb this way.

Deleted
    I think its enough demons for now. Argus would have been interesting as an expansion but ANOTHER legion themed one right after Legion? Not gonna happen. I think they will be throwing in something unexpected (Remember MoP? ). Also not sure if we really defeat Sargeras. Is that even possible?

I'm thinking it will be a two patch experience:

7.3:

- We arrive at Argus and meet with the Army of the Light, introducing a new faction, Alleria and Turalyon.
    - New dungeon + 3-4 boss raid.
    - World quests in Argus.
    - Development of Sylvanas and Greymane

7.3.5:

- Small patch with some minor content.
    - Class updates

7.4:

- Final raid tier (¿palace of Kil'jaeden?)
    - Reputation with maybe some kind of upgradable item.
    - We lose our artifacts defeating the legion forces in Argus (we probably will lose them only in the lore and we keep them until the end of the expansion).

Deleted
    Argus is a barren, sterile world, for all we know from Illidans experience the capital city of McCree is the only remaining draenei structure on the entire planet

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is going to be a patch, or, mostly likely several patches. My guess, they will give either give us one massive raid, or several raids with lots of tie-in quest content similar to what they did with the Sunwell and what they announced for Tomb of Sargeras. It will be the end of the Legion expansion.

Deleted
    100% patch.
    Unless they say something "ha, tricked u, there's a Queen Ashzara raid tier instead"
    Because, they can't just have 2 raid tiers, not after WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    On the flip side of all of this, one potential outcome is that our trip to Argus is limited in scope to a zone or two and then we leave only to come back in a full expansion at a later date. I think it would be interesting if they started to flesh out the world itself and the major players in the resistance through quests and factions in a smaller space where we start to make headway against the Legion forces on-planet only to end up with a very similar experience to what we encountered with Tanaan round 1. Maybe Daddy Sargaras shows up and we have to retreat in the face of his overwhelming power or the Old Gods utilize the fact that 90% of the world's best and brightest are all occupied on another world to launch their assault, making us choose between losing our world or losing the progress we've made on Argus.

Then Old God expansion.

Then Return to Argus where we come back to find the world has changed from when we last encountered it. Some new faces, some old faces, maybe some dramatic deaths at the end of Legion so we have more 'personal' scores to settle. It would be, at least I feel, a unique twist and one that would fall in line with the standard set by Legion where they're not quite as mortally terrified of letting us 'lose' as they've been in the past. It'd most assuredly be a stark turn from the cheesy feel-good 'Draenor is freeee!!' tripe we've consistently gotten in the past.

But maybe that's just expecting too much from Blizzard. They seem more open to 'dark' twists nowadays but I'm not sure they'd be willing to end an expansion with a somber "We won the battles but lost the war."
    The only problem is there is really no other purpose to Argus other than defeating the Legion. There is no civilian population, there is no unique culture or zones. It is literally only a stronghold at this point.

Deleted
    Then Return to Argus where we come back to find the world has changed from when we last encountered it.
    From that picture, I assume that Argus will be gone after the end of Legion. The planet is a crumbling fel mess, worse than the Outland. If it wasn't for the Legion HQ being there, no one would care about it.

Obviously it's patch content as many has stated was before BlizzCon and I'm goddamn happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    What's there to reserve? There's no variance in it it's just a giant charred black rock. Terrible place for an expansion to be set.
    Just like outland. And just like northrend was a giant frozen waste. Just like Pandaria was all lush green jungles. They could very well make it another expansion with diverse zones.
    That said, he made it very clear it was patch content.

Deleted
    I don't know exactly which picture you're referring to, but if you have it on hand I'd enjoy a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    A patch. Thank god. I cannot do another new planet expansion.
    Rather just find random continents?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    So, as the title says. Did Ion specify on that?

Argus sounds like something that could be resolved in a whole new expansion. That would leave Legion on the shorter end, though.
    Knowing Blizzard, It'll be a patch, and despite all the hype I just imagine It as firelands, a little area of Argus, barely half the size of Broken Isles for us to explore, do a raid and that's It. Having a whole expansion around Argus would make sense, but they told us about Argus now and not next year which Is traditionaly the "Here's your new WoW expansion" year of Blizzcon. Knowing this, I think they'll just pump out this stuff close to eachother, even overwhelm people with stuff to do and that's It.

And most of the stuff they add Isn't even for everyone, not everyone Is a raider, the minority on wow are raiders, always have been. Mythic dungeons don't cut It as much but they are fun nonetheless for a while. But It's been 2 months, and I've done everything, my AP Is up enough. The next perk upgrades are just minor % upgrades to abiliites that are basically useless In the long run and not worth spending months upon to get just because I didn't choose them first when I got my artifact.

1. The only new thing I like In 7.1 (Which still should've been 7.0.5 as It has so little to offer) Is the continuation of Suramar, and It's even weekly quests, which are as short as the Pre-Legion quests with Khadgar were, although they provide more lore and Insight Into Suramar.
    2. The Raid content doesn't Interest me, I'd run It once in LFR and that's It, you get free epic gear from WQs anyway and again, unless you're a raider you won't do Mythic raids, but If you enjoy It good for you!
    3. The newly added World Quests are pointless, as I've already done all the reputation requirements for Pathfinder, and the Exalted rewards for each faction are useless, so there's no point grinding Exalted. I did each new WQ once, and that's It. No other reason to do them. These "New" WQs should've been there since the start to add to the pool of Interesting variety for WQs.

So I remain skeptical, a healthy skepticism Is always good, especially with Blizzard and their promised content. Half of It will be delayed anyway, and half of the delayed stuff will be scrapped and the rest released very later on.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Exciting but then again not so much. I mean the legion wasn't much of a real "threat" this expac and now we are talking about going to kill Sargeras in person? Artifacts or no Artifacts that doesn't make sense. This is the only real problem with this WOW on rails style game play. There is no threat because things can't get truly trashed in game. If this was still a Single Player strategy game, wanna bet the legion would have destroyed or corrupted whole areas of Azeroth by now? And this is why they have to keep mining old lore for new baddies because you cant really create new ones in game with any epic acts of villainy. You watched the events of Arthas unfold in Warcraft. You watched things get destroyed and towns corrupted. Now? Not so much. It is a legion invasion and to my knowledge no serious damage has been done even though there are more demons than ever "theoretically" pouring through infinite portals......

Right.

According to the way the story of WOW has gone so far, Azeroth should be a wreck:
    Parts of the world still infested with aimless undead still looking for flesh but with new more powerful "semi independent" leaders breaking away after the death of the lich king.

The realms of Azeroth guarded by the dragon aspects should now be in chaos... The emerald dream should now be overflowing and corrupting the waking realm with the barrier between dream and the waking world weakening.

The life force of Azeroth similarly should also be in chaos, with life and energy staring to ebb where it was once abundant....

Similarly the magical arcane energies of Azeroth should going chaotic threatening to unleash catastrophic effects

Time should be tearing and warping as a result of the bronze dragons no longer having their power AND as a result of the affairs during MOP and WOD.

The earth itself should be shifting and tearing as a result of Cataclysm and the death of Deathwing....

And now all the most powerful artifacts and relics of Azeroth are being used to fight one big battle, meaning no more relics left to stave off ultimate destruction. Not to mention they are using artifacts from the titans which may have unintended side effects as a result of their usage.....

So net net, Azeroth should already be teetering on the edge of destruction even without the legion.

And then the legion comes. And that should have turned half of Azeroth into a new local legion encampment.....

Meaning all of this should be leading towards some form of titan contact one way or another as Azeroth should be on the brink of destruction. But in its current format this kind of destruction can never be materialized. And therefore one of the biggest pieces of lore concerning the titans, Sargeras and what makes Azeroth so "special" never seems to get answered..... Because us players now have epic artifacts....
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2016-11-05 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Rather just find random continents?
    isn't the only time we just up and randomly discovered a new one Pandaria? and that was explained lorewise? unless you mean the map not showing them beforehand meant northrend and the broken isles etc didn't exist prior to their expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Exciting but then again not so much. I mean the legion wasn't much of a real "threat" this expac and now we are talking about going to kill Sargeras in person? Artifacts or no Artifacts that doesn't make sense.
    Bear in mind we are missing literally every ounce of story between now and the time we go to argus. still a ways off and lots of story to tell in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    100% patch.
    Unless they say something "ha, tricked u, there's a Queen Ashzara raid tier instead"
    Because, they can't just have 2 raid tiers, not after WoD...
    They already said there will be atleast 3 raid tiers in legion, meaning at least 5 raids.

EN+ToV+NH
    Tomb of Sargeras
    ???

Deleted
    If Argus is just a patch and not the stage of the next expansion I will be rather disappointed. If we come back from Argus and there is Old God shit I am done with this game

Pretty sure it's a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I'll assume that the Argus patch is a raid which allows us to get a foothold on the planet and to help out the Golden Army already there.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Initially a patch, which is expanded on in the next expansion maybe?

They like linking the current expansion to the next, so I could see Argus being a content patch (7.x) where we gain a foothold and perhaps the expansion's final raid/us unlocking a foothold zone (like Tanaan), and then when the next expansion arrives it expands to an entire landmass with varying zones, etc.