We're talking about Patriots and Cowboys/Falcons come February. Seems that there's 31 teams misfiring every now and then. And then there's the Patriots.

If he Pats end up having to play Denver in the playoffs, or the regular season game determines anything, that could be what stops them. The Pats have not won in Denver, or against Denver in the playoffs since Brady became the starter unless Tebow or Danny Kanell were playing.

Talib won't be playing Sunday again. He was playing insanely well, so it sucks for him. Hopefully his back spasms don't stick around for too long, but never know with that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    We're talking about Patriots and Cowboys/Falcons come February. Seems that there's 31 teams misfiring every now and then. And then there's the Patriots.
    If defense wins championships, we're looking at an AFC champion. Dallas has enough trouble on defense without losing Barry Church and Morris Claiborne, and we know how good Atlanta's defense is. Unless Seattle goes on a roll, I'm seeing the Pats or Broncos winning another Super Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the Pats are a lock just yet, especially after that trade.

It might come to nothing but it certainly hasn't helped their chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is a lock in week 9 of course.

So I was thinking about Romo and what would become of him after this year. It would make the most sense to leave him as the backup for the remainder of the year, couldn't hurt to have extra time not getting beat up with all the injuries he's suffered.

According to overthecap he has 3 years and $54mil left on his deal with none of it guaranteed, plus $19.6 in prorated money that Dallas is on the hook for. That isn't a bad deal if a team is looking to trade for a QB, only $14mil in the first year and no obligation to pay the $20mil a year after that.

Trouble is, I don't really see any teams that are in win-now mode but short a QB. The Vikings situation is confused, but I doubt they could afford to lose the picks trading for a QB two years in a row. Washington may be the best bet if they don't keep Cousins but I doubt that Romo would be traded in the division. After that are the lower quality teams: Jets, Bears, 49ers, Browns, or teams ready to give up on their QB like the Dolphins.

Hmm I kinda like the idea of Romo on the Dolphins, if they post-June 1 release Tannehill it'd clear just enough cap space for him...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Falcons are the type of team that is beatable by a WC team.

I could see the Redskins winning at Atlanta honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Nobody is a lock in week 9 of course.

So I was thinking about Romo and what would become of him after this year. It would make the most sense to leave him as the backup for the remainder of the year, couldn't hurt to have extra time not getting beat up with all the injuries he's suffered.

According to overthecap he has 3 years and $54mil left on his deal with none of it guaranteed, plus $19.6 in prorated money that Dallas is on the hook for. That isn't a bad deal if a team is looking to trade for a QB, only $14mil in the first year and no obligation to pay the $20mil a year after that.

Trouble is, I don't really see any teams that are in win-now mode but short a QB. The Vikings situation is confused, but I doubt they could afford to lose the picks trading for a QB two years in a row. Washington may be the best bet if they don't keep Cousins but I doubt that Romo would be traded in the division. After that are the lower quality teams: Jets, Bears, 49ers, Browns, or teams ready to give up on their QB like the Dolphins.

Hmm I kinda like the idea of Romo on the Dolphins, if they post-June 1 release Tannehill it'd clear just enough cap space for him...
    Bills trade for Romo, win superbowl. Yeah, I'm drinking.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Bills trade for Romo, win superbowl. Yeah, I'm drinking.
    They'd have to eat a bunch of Tyrod Taylor dead money, plus its still Romo. At least they'd make the playoffs for the first time in a zillion years.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They'd have to eat a bunch of Tyrod Taylor dead money, plus its still Romo. At least they'd make the playoffs for the first time in a zillion years.
    They can shit can tyrod this year for little damage.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I kinda feel like Dallas wouldn't be doing themselves a disservice by letting go of Romo.

Pats/Cowboys superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I kinda feel like Dallas wouldn't be doing themselves a disservice by letting go of Romo.

Pats/Cowboys superbowl.
    I'd say because you have a rookie quarterback whose only other veteran he can learn from is Mr. Butt Fumble. Dak is gonna be shit next year without some kind of mentoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It saddens me that the Pats are doing well. Honestly just find them boring. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'd say because you have a rookie quarterback whose only other veteran he can learn from is Mr. Butt Fumble. Dak is gonna be shit next year without some kind of mentoring.
    I never really understood the idea that QBs need another QB to mentor them. That is the QB coaches job, and what they specialize in. In Dak's case, he has a former NFL QB as a HC, having Romo there won't help at all if he isn't the type of person that can help teach. Manning and Favre are obvious examples that being a good QB, doesn't mean you can (or want to, especially in Favre's case) help someone else learn. Even if you look at the former QBs that end up as coaches, barely any of them were any good as a player for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If defense wins championships, we're looking at an AFC champion. Dallas has enough trouble on defense without losing Barry Church and Morris Claiborne, and we know how good Atlanta's defense is. Unless Seattle goes on a roll, I'm seeing the Pats or Broncos winning another Super Bowl.
    Actually now when I watched a Falcons game, I take my words back. Their defense is quite bad, so no super bowl for them. Broncos has the defense, but I don't really know. Seattle seems to be struggling on offense way too much, and it's interesting to see if Chancellor's return helps enough on the defensive side.

The Falcons can certainly take a game or two from the top teams much like the Steelers- but I don't think either team is solid enough to go pass the playoffs at best. The Falcons haven't impressed me this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    They can shit can tyrod this year for little damage.
    I just read the fine print, less than $3mil dead money if they move on after this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    It saddens me that the Pats are doing well. Honestly just find them boring. xD
    Boring is the Pats middle name.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Actually now when I watched a Falcons game, I take my words back. Their defense is quite bad, so no super bowl for them. Broncos has the defense, but I don't really know. Seattle seems to be struggling on offense way too much, and it's interesting to see if Chancellor's return helps enough on the defensive side.
    The defense isn't hurting minus Kam. Bennett is a bigger loss, but Avril is playing at a really high level right now. Should be safe to assume that Kam will not be on the team next year though. Him missing 4 games a season is too much.

Wilson's injury is a lot more detrimental than is assumed with team doctors suggesting he sit out. Fortunately all of his injuries are just pain management rather than potential career impacting ones because I don't want Boykin to start an NFL game... Regardless, after watching some great breakdowns of the NO game, Wilson was seeing a lot of ghosts. See the checkdown to CJ Prosise near the goal line when the clock was ticking.

Should be interesting the next few weeks. Really hoping they are wanting to get Rawls back and going after this game. A couple weeks ago Carroll stated he could start practicing but they want to take it slow, coming short to admitting they rushed him in this year. Run game is garbage without Wilson's legs and cmike not being a bruising type of back.

Plus, the Seahawks usually start hitting strides later on. So should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure not many will agree with me but I think Romo should be the starter when he gets healthy. Dak has played well for a back up which is what we Dallas fans have needed. But he is still a rookie and he has made rookie mistakes but they have not come back to really hurt him yet. I'd contend we're 6-1 because of the o-line and Zeke. If the goal is to win the super bowl(which it should be), a rookie isn't gonna cut it. Romo is the better QB and it isn't even close. Come playoff time I want the veteran who I know has command of the pass game.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    I'm sure not many will agree with me but I think Romo should be the starter when he gets healthy. Dak has played well for a back up which is what we Dallas fans have needed. But he is still a rookie and he has made rookie mistakes but they have not come back to really hurt him yet. I'd contend we're 6-1 because of the o-line and Zeke. If the goal is to win the super bowl(which it should be), a rookie isn't gonna cut it. Romo is the better QB and it isn't even close. Come playoff time I want the veteran who I know has command of the pass game.
    Its a weird situation. I think you gotta stick with your winner at this point. Romo hasn't seen a game in quite some time and now they command the east.

You could debate either way, and no way will be right unless you see the future.