Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Never a new class?

With artifacts, class mounts, order halls, class quests being so prevalent now, does that mean we will never see new classes, or even specs?
    I mean, there are so many things I still want to see, with speccs and classes. for example-

Speccs:
    DK: Cloth wearing necromancer / lich specc
    Rogue: Barbarian / Brute / berserker, very much like combat rogue used to be, throwing axes, light leather armor with big axes or fist weps
    Mage : Spellsword, melee mage unlocks shields and stuff can tank
    Paladin, Dark paladin, uses shadowmagic like a shadow priest to empower them, melee debuffer suffering strike weakness bla bla bla.

And for classes:
    Tinkerer, mail users, uses mechs, specs like alchemy that heals by spraying potions around and buffs, ranged dps with guns and throwing bombs and tank, give them a good mech suit like Gelbin, make the class only for goblins and gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there'll be new classes at some point .

As for your DK idea,maybe they would add new specs instead of new classes.

Deleted
    We only just got a new class, demon hunter..
    Can't see them adding anymore during an expansion, since classes are a selling point for expansions, like Dk was for wotlk, monk for mists of care bears
    If anything I would rather they didn't add new ones, and instead develop existing classes, as suggested add new specs.
    Though tinker is one class I hope they never add, any game that tried to do that end up with a sucky class no one likes (cough xiv)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    DHs are pretty much redundant and forced already so I doubt we'll be seeing any "4th spec" or new class anytime soon. Certainly not next expansion.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Way too many classes already, and Blizz is running out of colors to use.

We'll probably continue seeing a new class every other expansion like we have for WoWs entire life cycle.

If they added new specs to some classes, they would have to add one to every class.

And thats basically 12 specs aka ~4 classes worth of balancing.

Now, will they ever add new classes and how will it affect the Legion storyline?

Well, considering they wont add a new class this expansion, I dont think it will matter much. They just wont get an artifact weapon, they will give you an heirloom weapon to level and there will be no order hall for them.

Thing is, there aren't that many classes to add, really.

based on previous expansions i think the next expac will bring a new race not a class
    maybe the one after that will bring a ranged dps(hopefully)

Kinda off topic but when they bring out a new class, with all the stuff about order halls in this expansion with actual leveling, how would this work out with a whole new class without an order hall?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    Kinda off topic but when they bring out a new class, with all the stuff about order halls in this expansion with actual leveling, how would this work out with a whole new class without an order hall?
    Similar to how DKs didn't have a tier set for before Wrath and for DHs for Mists and below, there probably wouldn't be a order hall set and in fact, they might just add a Hero's Call Board so you can pick your zones that way.

Deleted
    New classes just aren't popular in the long run, shouldn't waste resources on it

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'd rather see new races. Patiently awaiting Naga and Vrykrul as a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalerin View Post
    With artifacts, class mounts, order halls, class quests being so prevalent now, does that mean we will never see new classes, or even specs?
    I mean, there are so many things I still want to see, with speccs and classes. for example-

Speccs:
    Rogue: Barbarian / Brute / berserker, very much like combat rogue used to be, throwing axes, light leather armor with big axes or fist weps
    Paladin, Dark paladin, uses shadowmagic like a shadow priest to empower them, melee debuffer suffering strike weakness bla bla bla.

And for classes:
    Tinkerer, mail users, uses mechs, specs like alchemy that heals by spraying potions around and buffs, ranged dps with guns and throwing bombs and tank, give them a good mech suit like Gelbin, make the class only for goblins and gnomes.
    2 of the last 3 expansions have given us new classes, how the hell do you get to 'Never a new class?'

And much like Garrisons came and went with WoD, Order Halls/Class mounts/etc are Legion things. They've even said the Artifacts won't matter after Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    At this point I'd rather see new races. Patiently awaiting Naga and Vrykrul as a playable race.
    Also, this. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I would rather see sub-races for each race like Broken Draenai, Brown Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, etc and/or a new spec for each class, than a new class.

hopefully after the demo hunter fiasco they'll stop

Quote Originally Posted by Thalerin View Post

Speccs:

And for classes:
    new specs that wear different armor than the main specs seems like a horrible idea to me and a gearing nightmare. I also have absolutely no desire for a "tinker" class.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Similar to how DKs didn't have a tier set for before Wrath and for DHs for Mists and below, there probably wouldn't be a order hall set and in fact, they might just add a Hero's Call Board so you can pick your zones that way.
    ya its not similar at all the order halls are a huge huge thing way bigger then tier sets.

Wont be another one for 2 expansions. That's how it goes, in case you can't tell!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Little Doom and Gloom, eh?

They always add new classes as a perk of buying an expansion. Next expansion will probably add races/a race/subraces, and then following expansion will likely add a cloth/mail/plate class. They've no shortage of class options, there are RPG-based games with 50+ options, so class/spec variety is not MIA, nor is Blizz a dim company incapable of being inventive and creating good variety in their class design. There's absolutely no sign of them not following their formula.

Deleted
    brute/barbarian/berserker rogue? no! those are more warriorish. rogues fight with finesse, warriors are all about brute force combat.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-11-05 at 08:13 PM.