Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    okay with it if it looks like this...

ps: the bigger the monitor, the better it will get if you right click and "view image".

or you could zoom in.. dont care.
    Why is Ana touching Pharah? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    suck it up and deal with it.
    Get over yourself. It's time to end your foolishness outrage over something as small as a mustard seed.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I never said everyone had a religion, nor did I say every Christian or Muslim was intolerant of homosexuality; what I did say is that not everyone will accept it, which you seemed to think was what everyone would and should do. My point was that expecting everyone to conform to your world view or say their wrong is in of itself a flawed idea.
    So what? We just pander to bigots and let them know they're "right"? No, thanks. They don't like it, they can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just go with it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They haven't announced that hes gay anywhere its just subtle stuff in the game that makes me think he is. Could be wrong.
    i thought those things are just brazilian stereotypes? ._.

- - - Updated - - -

because incest is wincest, obviously

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Just go with it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I can't, my eyes keep getting drawn much further left.

So what? We just pander to bigots and let them know they're "right"? No, thanks. They don't like it, they can fuck off.
    Boom. I really want to make this my sig now.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Mercy x Phara?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enschee View Post
    Mercy x Phara?
    PharMercy if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Sounds like another case of "Diversity for the sake of diversity"
    "diversity for the sake of pandering to a demographic that barely knows jack shit about video games in the hopes that they will spend their money on our game instead of supporting their campaings"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enschee View Post
    Mercy x Phara?
    its called pharmercy! >:I

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because if you show any character having any kind of romantic relationship at any point in their life, whether current or in backstory, you've introduced sexual orientation. There's nothing more "agenda-driven" about an LGBT relationship than there is about a hetero relationship.

If you wouldn't have any issue with Soldier 76 mentioning his ex-wife in a story, you shouldn't have any issue if it were his ex-husband instead.
    When have any of the characters mentioned relationships thusfar? Cinematics, comics, or in-game voice lines. Can't think of any.

To go from no mentions of relationships (or few in passing) to making an LGBT one a plot point is clear pandering.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

They haven't announced that hes gay anywhere its just subtle stuff in the game that makes me think he is. Could be wrong.
    hmm his lines and demeanor give off that vibe sure.

Tracer for transwoman. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hmm his lines and demeanor give off that vibe sure.
    Not really for me. Reinhardt though, he's a big fuzzy bear.

There isn't many [less than 10, maybe 5] LGBT characters in FPS games so stop saying its being shoved down your throat when there's barely ANY LGBT fps characters!!
    There doesn't NEED to be any. Video games are not real life, and the point of creating a story is to make characters interesting that add to the story. If being gay/bisexual doesn't add any value to the story being told, it has no business in the game. You're the only one taking tallies of how many gays are represented in video games, get over yourself.

Have you never met a gay person who plays blizzard games? o.O
    I'm assuming he meant SJWs
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I hope its someone we won't expect.
    Welp, there goes the internet and their Mercy/Pharah shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    inb4 Genji/Zenyatta sexy robo boy love.

Well wait do omnics have genders?
    Some seem to identify with a gender; the Sombra origin short shows a woman who by her body language is clearly in a relationship with an Omnic who looks like a stereotypical male gang banger in the Los Muertos gang. I imagine we'll never find out if they have the equipment to go along with it, however... Overwatch being rated T and all.

More than likely, just like my example, it'll be two characters who aren't playable.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    There doesn't NEED to be any. Video games are not real life, and the point of creating a story is to make characters interesting that add to the story. If being gay/bisexual doesn't add any value to the story being told, it has no business in the game. You're the only one taking tally's of how many gays are represented in video games, get over yourself.
    And a character being gay/lesbian doesn't count as value to the story? Thats ignorant as fuck to say. Romance is one of the key points to a story. It is a big reason to drive a character to his or her goal. Being gay is not some sort of alternative lifestyle like people think it is. Its something you're born with. Its not a mental illness, its something apart of you forever. You're straight? You cannot change your sexuality. You're gay? You cannot change your sexuality. Its just like your skin color.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I didn't said anyone should pander to anybody either. I'll let Blizz speak for me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    For years now I've found it to be a such a strange honor to be followed around the internet by expert interpreters, who take plain words in English and replace them with other, more loaded words in English.
    What I did say is that expecting another to change their beliefs simply because you think they should is a flawed concept. You can say the characters in your story will never be LGBT and LGBT's will be offended. You can put LGBTs in your story and Christians and Muslims will be offended. Either way, someone will be offended simply because your beliefs or opinions or works don't line up with their ideology. What you can do is grow a spine and write your story the way you want it to be, and not change it just because someone else said you should. People will get upset. Let them. You don't have to - and can't - appeal to everybody simultaneously.