Thread: Deep Shatter

Deleted

Deep Shatter

THIS talent for me is a shit,if at least not eliminate fingers of frost...as it supossed that i can cast frostbolts in arena against frozen targets if the damage of my mate break that frozen targets???

Deleted
    It's a great honor talent and absolutely necessary for frostmages to be viable in pvp. It doesn't matter if your team breaks the roots with damage, just freeze the target before the frostbolt arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasic View Post
    THIS talent for me is a shit,if at least not eliminate fingers of frost...as it supossed that i can cast frostbolts in arena against frozen targets if the damage of my mate break that frozen targets???
    Use your Novas at the right time and it isn't that much of a problem. Xaryu explains it pretty well, just ignore the whole one shot thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPts8ePN9g4

tl;dr - Nova right before it hits, stop doing it early.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-11-05 at 04:20 PM.

I don't get this talent either.
    Lose all kinds of Fingers of Frost procs for an occasional 150% damage Frostbolt.
    What am I missing here?

edit: ah it says 150% additional damage... that's better, but still, you have to give up quite a bit for it
    Last edited by deepr; 2016-11-06 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    The frostbolt damage translates into icicles which translates into bigger Glacial Spikes. Still finding it kinda iffy since you got pet nova 30sec? CD and then Ice nova + own frost nova

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    The frostbolt damage translates into icicles which translates into bigger Glacial Spikes. Still finding it kinda iffy since you got pet nova 30sec? CD and then Ice nova + own frost nova
    doesnt affect icicles sadly

Get your facts straight buddy, deep shattered FB damage affect icicles greatly, which increases glacial damage. Your burst window is not only ice form.

Quote Originally Posted by khorsus View Post
    Get your facts straight buddy, deep shattered FB damage affect icicles greatly, which increases glacial damage. Your burst window is not only ice form.
    Glacial Spike Hotfix
    Glacial Spike on its own is not a problem. It requires a good deal of setup including 5 frostbolts and a 3 second cast time to get off. We want something like that to have good payoff. The problem is the synergy between Deep Shatter, Ice Form and Glacial Spike. The intent of the Deep Shatter talent was to make your Frostbolts feel powerful. It wasn't intended to make Glacial Spike deal 2 million damage.

We've made a hotfix change to Deep Shatter. Icicles will no longer benefit from the extra damage from Deep Shatter. We think this change allows both Deep Shatter and Glacial Spike to feel powerful on their own.

Thanks to everyone who brought this issue to our attention through playtesting.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5...glacial-spike/

I don't like the setup needed for deep shatter. I was never that quick on the draw with using the pets range frost nova on the fly, needing to place it on the ground then click. Delayed time with my non 15yo reaction time. It adds nothing to glacial spike damage, and in reality it likely lowers it vs what I actually take, frostbite. The last makes frost spells have a chance to root, so frostbolt spam will more often strike a frozen target that you rooted with the same spam, increading the crit rate, increasing glacial spike average damage with a higher % of crit enhanced frostbolts.

Much less hassle to operate for maximum payoff. If you are a higher level frost mage player, I'm sure it makes sense to go with deep shatter, for me and I suspect most people, it's actually more hassle than the payoff vs frostbite.