Deleted

Can someone give me a detailed rundown of how to properly AoE on monk ?

Hi, I'm currently leveling my Monk and actually really enjoying the class. The single target rotations seems to be pretty straightforward but when it comes to AoE I'm having problems. Someone explained it to me really shortly in Discord but it was hard to follow him properly with all the information he gave me. When should I FoF and when should I use SEF and how many stacks do I wait for? How many stacks does SEF apply? When do I use Spinning Crane Kick than? Tyvm for helping me.

If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    From WtW:

Here’s how it shakes out, for Spinning Crane Kick to beat out each ability, and move ahead of it in the priority you need at least:

Whirling Dragon Punch – 17 stacks, regardless of targets
    Fists of Fury – 12 stacks, regardless of targets
    Rising Sun Kick – 3 targets regardless of stacks OR 2 targets and 2 stacks OR 6 stacks, regardless of targets
    Blackout Kick/Chi Wave – 2 targets regardless of stacks OR 4 stacks, regardless of targets
    Strike of the Windlord – Various requirements depending on number of targets hit, the more target hit, the less stacks needed.

Because this question got me thinking about something I forgot to look into, is there a way for Weak Auras to count the amount of stacks that are out?

Atm I am just looking at the debuffs on the frames/counting how many times I have tiger palmed a new target, but when there are a lot of targets grouped this can prove difficult

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post

Because this question got me thinking about something I forgot to look into, is there a way for Weak Auras to count the amount of stacks that are out?

Atm I am just looking at the debuffs on the frames/counting how many times I have tiger palmed a new target, but when there are a lot of targets grouped this can prove difficult
    The amount of stacks shows on the ability and I'm not sure if it's not simply a buff stack on you, but it's queryable from WA since these work: https://wago.io/4ybQ0NuPZ
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MadEye67 View Post
    Hi, I'm currently leveling my Monk and actually really enjoying the class. The single target rotations seems to be pretty straightforward but when it comes to AoE I'm having problems. Someone explained it to me really shortly in Discord but it was hard to follow him properly with all the information he gave me. When should I FoF and when should I use SEF and how many stacks do I wait for? How many stacks does SEF apply? When do I use Spinning Crane Kick than? Tyvm for helping me.
    Key word being "leveling" you use FoF on CD and SEF prior to FoF if you want/need a burst. You never use SCK in leveling, maybe except for that lame Frostwall cave where you can just run around aoe'ing constant spawning mobs for 2-3 levels of progress straight ... IF they didn't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I have a WA I can post for you when i'm back from work, shows the SCK icon, stacks and a small red/green dot to indicate if you've tagged current target.

Deleted
    Basically just use FoF on CD. If it's not available pop SEF get a few stacks and spin kick. It's that simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    The amount of stacks shows on the ability and I'm not sure if it's not simply a buff stack on you, but it's queryable from WA since these work: https://wago.io/4ybQ0NuPZ
    I don't play with my bars visible so I have never noticed it. Good to know it is queryable though!

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    I have a WA I can post for you when i'm back from work, shows the SCK icon, stacks and a small red/green dot to indicate if you've tagged current target.
    Please, I would be interested in seeing this.