Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always pick Altruis, because i dont see how Illidan was not evil. And its really funny how blizzard is convincing us, that he had noble intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Blizz did a poor job giving anybody a reason to embrace Altruis other than BC-nostalgia type stuff, when you had fought side by side with Kayn. Would love to see them survey if knowledge of Akama effect had any bearing on choosing Altruis over Kayn, too.

I'm among those who, watching the two squabbling children fight, would have much preferred to name Allari, Jace, or Kor'vas as my 2nd in command.
    Totally agree. Besides the nostalgia, Altruis would definitely be less chosen than Kayn who fight with you as a demon hunter. For some people who haven't played BC, I don't they would choose Altruis because they wouldn't even know who he is. And I would've chosen Allari, Jace or Kor'vas over those two.

like, it's all altruis' fault that we have to fight veredis. he could have been one of the stronger champions against the legion had altruis not betrayed the illidari.

he was kil'jaedan spinning altruis' actions as the illidari betraying him that broke him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Agreed. Blizzard did quite a poor job in giving reasonability to Altruis' case, which is far from being horseshit but still looks pretty bad when confronted to the current flow of the story. In fact:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Don't forget that when the Wardens free the Demon Hunters, Altruis was against them, while Kayn was willing to trust them. Makes you think Kayn was more understanding, while Altruis was butthurt that he was locked up too.
    It's exactly things like this that made Altruis look terribly compared to Kayn. Instead of looking like two faces of the same coin, one looked like a logic choice and the other like an untrustworthy idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I like to imagine that if you did pick Altruis the rest of the campaign would be doing the objectives to find kayn already did them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Altruis doesn't even deserve to be called a demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember all the crap Illidan pulled in TBC, so I do agree with Altruis. I liked Kayn more though.

not a lot of people know of Altruis stance. The entire scenario is presented as if it assumes everyone knows what went on in TBC.

I picked Altruis, because self reflection is what is going to stop the Demon Hunters from turning over to curruption even more than they already are in Legion. Lack of self control, lapdog behavior towards leadership and suicidal/genocidal sacrifice will just drive everyone into the arms of the legion quicker. Illidan's way creates a mindset that allows his demon hunters to fall prey too easily to temptation and curruption.

Not to mention it reeks of Sargaras' chain of thought concerning the void before he went full batshit crazy.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-06 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Agreed. Blizzard did quite a poor job in giving reasonability to Altruis' case, which is far from being horseshit but still looks pretty bad when confronted to the current flow of the story. In fact:

It's exactly things like this that made Altruis look terribly compared to Kayn. Instead of looking like two faces of the same coin, one looked like a logic choice and the other like an untrustworthy idiot.
    And IIRC it's Altruis that goes on emo trip if you pick the other one, then runs away, while Kayn sucks it up. But yeah, the Warden bit is the biggest problem here. It would be more logical (for the sake of the validity of the choice and in general) to have the Illidan loyalist Kayn make a fuss about the Wardens while Altruis who worked with others already, rebelled against Illidan and even took a part in Illidan's downfall (like the Wardens) would be more open to cooperation with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    not a lot of people know of Altruis stance. The entire scenario is presented as if it assumes everyone knows what went on in TBC.

I picked Altruis, because self reflection is what is going to stop the Demon Hunters from turning over to curruption even more than they already are in Legion. Lack of self control, lapdog behavior towards leadership and suicidal/genocidal sacrifice will just drive everyone into the arms of the legion quicker. Illidan's way creates a mindset that allows his demon hunters to fall prey too easily to temptation and curruption.

Not to mention it reeks of Sargaras' chain of thought concerning the void before he went full batshit crazy.
    And yet it was Altruis' betrayal that pushed Demon Hunters like Varedis into joining the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The people who pick Altruis are the same people that don't show their tattoos, use no blindfold and use least DH looking transmog possible. Basically, anyone who doesn't actually know what it means to be a Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The people who pick Altruis are the same people that don't show their tattoos, use no blindfold and use least DH looking transmog possible. Basically, anyone who doesn't actually know what it means to be a Demon Hunter.
    grimdark is mandatory? Demonic powers are a tool, a means to an end. The more they overcome you, mentally and physically, it's arguable the weaker you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Demonic powers are a tool, a means to an end. The more they overcome you, mentally and physically, it's arguable the weaker you are.
    Philosophically at best. As far as we know, the most powerful beings in the universe are filled with "demonic" powers, be it Fel or Void :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And IIRC it's Altruis that goes on emo trip if you pick the other one, then runs away, while Kayn sucks it up.
    I think both are kinda pissed but is Altruis going his way to basically threaten you.

But yeah, the Warden bit is the biggest problem here. It would be more logical (for the sake of the validity of the choice and in general) to have the Illidan loyalist Kayn make a fuss about the Wardens while Altruis who worked with others already, rebelled against Illidan and even took a part in Illidan's downfall (like the Wardens) would be more open to cooperation with them.
    Precisely. Kayn would have looked far less bad than Altruis by telling those same lines given his background, while Altruis should have been the logical choice as the one more open to trust people that didn't belong to Illidan's ranks (as he in fact did during TBC). With these reversed roles however the situation depicted Altruis as a person unable to trust people by nature, which pretty much tries to sell you the idea that it's basically Altruis' own fault for not holding 100% trust in Illidan-senpai.

In other words, it seemed yet another way to excuse Illidan's bullshit while outright vilifying the only Demon Hunter who stood against him back in TBC. Instead of showing sympathy and perspective for both Kayn and Altruis, Blizzard crushed the one who didn't join the Illidan hype train, train on which even us have jumped over too by now (thanks Xe'ra).

To be fair, I thought being a Demon Hunter had something to do with relentless sacrifice rather than being edgy as fuck.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-11-06 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I picked Altruis on my first DH. Big horns, wears a blindfold, fel green tattoos. Second picked Kayn. No horns, blindfold, or tattoos.

Try again?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I picked Altruis because the name was alphabetically before Kayn. There was no reason to think about it since it didn't affect anything.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Altruis because Illidan is a douchebag and I'd hate to be stuck working under one of his dingleberries.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Night elf > blood elf

I don't care about reasoning on these things.
    Basically this.

Altruis is actually a sensible pick. Altruis has the same goal as Illidan does, but he does not want to make others' lives a misery in the process of achieving his goal.

The player's character is the leader of the order and as such doesn't necessarily have to agree with Illidan's methods. Most of those that mean well to others disagreed with Illidan's methods.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-11-07 at 03:18 AM.

I picked altruis. kayn just seemed like he was hanging off illidans dick. sheep like. not a fan of sheep

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Altruis is actually a sensible pick. Altruis has the same goal as Illidan does, but he does not want to make others' lives a misery in the process of achieving his goal.

The player's character is the leader of the order and as such doesn't necessarily have to agree with Illidan's methods. Most of those that mean well to others disagreed with Illidan's methods.
    The biggest problem with Altruis is not that he disagrees with illidan, its that he got several of the Illidari killed. leader won't usually pick the guy that killed his fellow brothers over the guy that was always faithful to the cause. Altruis also went after demons, but his actions agaisnt the illidari are too great (imo) to let him back in, especially in a position such as Kayn's.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol