Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    This feeds so well into my beliefs so it must be true!

Tino Sanandaji is a crank. And in terms of renown Jerzy Sarnecki is on the board of directors of the International Society of Criminology, while Karl-Eirik Kval is a political scientist (i.e. social sciences - which usually is deemed non-scientific by a certain group of individuals, except when it suits someones agenda)
    Jerzy Sarnecki is a senile old fool, a liar and sellout. He's past credentials doesn't make him above reproach. It's disturbing to me that you believe it does. My god you people are so easily controlled.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is fair for Karl-Eirik Kval to say that, because the actual numbers are not being released, you can not blindly take Sarnecki's claims at face value.

However, it is absolutely wrong for him to say that, because the actual numbers are not being released that would support the official version, his competing version of things MUST be correct. That's not how it works.

Europeans and their online crusade against immigrants...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't surprise me.

Though these threads do make me laugh, since people that post things like "Lol breitbart" are the same people that take things like Washingtonpost and CNN as gospel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoy View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-crime-sweden/

Author and lecturer Karl-Eirik Kval says Swedish researchers are deliberately concealing the relationship between immigration and crime.

Writing in Norway’s Dagbladet, the political scientist addressed different ways in which Sweden’s criminology establishment obscures the facts around migrant criminality. He argued that as a result of this, authorities are denied the chance to learn from their mistakes and work to prevent further rises in crime.

Exemplifying what is referred to in the piece as the “denial and cloaking culture” engaged in by researchers in Sweden, Kval points to prominent criminology professor Jerzy Sarnecki. A former chief investigator at Sweden’s National Crime Prevention Council (BRA), Sarnecki is frequently called on by the media as an expert on crime.

One of the main reasons the political scientist argues the claims of Sarnecki and other criminologists should be taken “with a large pinch of salt” is that they refuse to disclose any of the data they work with.

Kval quotes Tino Sanandaji, a Swedish-Iranian economist, who called it a “democratic scandal” that “the government and criminologists refuse to disclose taxpayer-funded data while using the darkness they have created to deny that migrants are overrepresented”.

“It’s impossible to evaluate Sarnecki’s claim that migrants are not overrepresented in rape when the figures are secret. Would we accept economists making secret the inflation data they have access to?” he asked on Facebook.

One of the key tactics Sarnecki uses, Kval says, is claiming crime has declined over the years, that Sweden has become much safer, and that crime will continue to become even less frequent over the coming years.

The Norwegian claims that, in reality, the National Council shows that the number of cases of attempted murder, assault, and robbery have doubled since 1980 while the population has grown just 17 per cent since then.

Furthermore, surveys by Statistics Sweden show a sharp rise in the proportion of people who say they have been victims of violence, from 1980 to when last conducted in 2007.

Sarnecki’s “most famous reasoning” for migrant criminality, Kval says, is his assertion that migrants are overrepresented in crime statistics because of their poor upbringing and living conditions.

Kval points out that this line of thought completely bypasses the fact that evidence points to mass immigration as the reason why Sweden is so plagued with poverty today.

Demonstrating this, he notes that in Malmö, the city with the largest share of citizens with foreign backgrounds, more than 30 per cent of children live below the poverty line. “Of the Nordic countries”, he writes, “Sweden has ended up by far the worst in terms of child poverty, because of immigration.”

“How can crime not have anything to do with immigration given that immigration brings with it poverty and poor living conditions leading to crime. To put it mildly it is hard to fathom. But it is Sarnecki’s line of reasoning,” he says.

The biggest problem caused by the conspiracy to hide the backgrounds of violent criminals, the political scientist argues, is that no one is able to “undertake serious analysis that would allow them to learn from their mistakes”.

Illustrating this, Kval points to how authorities have responded to the fact gun violence and explosives are a growing problem in (migrant-heavy) southern Sweden but “virtually unknown in the north”. The police’s chief analyst, Emma Hedenvind, says the police “do not know” why this is the case.

In an analysis report into the phenomena, the National Operations Department even looked into the possibility that buildings are to blame for rampant criminality in the south, but found similar “structural conditions” in Sweden’s 53 regions.

The paper concluded the problem to be that “criminal energy” is higher in the south of Sweden. “Simply put”, the Dagens Nyheter reported this as meaning, “the more criminally active individuals who live in an area, the greater the risk that criminals values eating into the population”.

Breitbart London has reported extensively on the crime epidemic taking place in Sweden as a result of mass migration. In August, an alleged “expert in sexual criminals” claimed hot summer weather was responsible for the wave of gang rapes and sexual assaults in the country.
    I hate pseudo-patriots like you. Thinking you're standing up for Sweden when in reality you're spreading misinformed propoganda and lies to damage our reputation world wide. You are a coward and a child.

Strange, I thought the link was well understood. Introducing increasingly conflicting wealth and cultures to each other always increases crimes levels, doesn't it?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a leftist on the norwegian political spectrum. But on the swedish spectrum he would be a nazi in their eyes yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Strange, I thought the link was well understood. Introducing increasingly conflicting wealth and cultures to each other always increases crimes levels, doesn't it?
    It is, but more to the point it's poverty and crime that is intrinsically linked. Releasing the information about the ethnicity of criminals actually can make it worse - it feeds into racism and creates hostility against different ethnicities, which in turn discourages integration - and more importantly it is not relevant public information.

BRÅ is also "covering up" crimes committed by the disabled and people named Erik, and if such data were to be released I'm confident we could create a witch-hunt for these groups too. The sad reality is that there are too many people who can't understand the statistics and the science, the why and the how, and simply use it to reinforce preexisting beliefs or create new ones based on fear.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Breitbart hähähä
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So basically the reasoning is, "I don't have any data to back my claims up, but I know that the officials lie, because they don't release all their figures!" Oh well, Breitbart being Breitbart, I guess.
    We have data, and in the past BRÅ released it officially as well. When immigrants were 8% of the population they already accounted for 50% of the rapes.

- - - Updated - - -

It is, but more to the point it's poverty and crime that is intrinsically linked. Releasing the information about the ethnicity of criminals actually can make it worse - it feeds into racism and creates hostility against different ethnicities, which in turn discourages integration - and more importantly it is not relevant public information.

BRÅ is also "covering up" crimes committed by the disabled and people named Erik, and if such data were to be released I'm confident we could create a witch-hunt for these groups too. The sad reality is that there are too many people who can't understand the statistics and the science, the why and the how, and simply use it to reinforce preexisting beliefs or create new ones based on fear.
    Don't be a naive kid. How do you propose we solve problems if we don't know the background, genius?

Sweden has some of the worst integration in the west and you think hiding information that should be available to everyone in a democracy helps?

Because of devils like you we shouldn't do anything to solve the issue of Somalian crime rates, even though we know 1/4 Somalians have been suspects of crimes that give prison time. Solving this is apparently racism to you, and you don't even realize that just letting it be increases difficulties in integration.

- - - Updated - - -

This feeds so well into my beliefs so it must be true!

Tino Sanandaji is a crank. And in terms of renown Jerzy Sarnecki is on the board of directors of the International Society of Criminology, while Karl-Eirik Kval is a political scientist (i.e. social sciences - which usually is deemed non-scientific by a certain group of individuals, except when it suits someones agenda)
    Criminology is also a social science. Do you actually know anything or are you comfortable in your ignorance?

The issue is you start holding your ears when a researcher presents evidence you don't like. While at the same time licking the feet of Sarnecki when he hasn't presented any evidence of anything in many years.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-11-07 at 12:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Except that, yanno, CNN actually posts things like evidence and runs critical pieces in both candidates. But hey don't let reality get in the way of your baiting!
    Hahahahahahah.. Oh wait, you are serious.

Also what baiting?

Deleted
    Who would have thought that low skilled workers who either can't get a job or don't want a job will get bored/agitated/desperate

Not to mention:
    > the male :female ratio in Sweden about to become male dominated.
    > Not to mention that people of similar ethnic and cultural backgrounds tend to stick together.
    > Not to mention religion

Sweden and Europe should have prioritized the young and mothers, and educate them whilst they were growing up to Have western values whilst isolating them from religion. But no import working age men and make sure they have a wahhabi mosque nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    We have data, and in the past BRÅ released it officially as well. When immigrants were 8% of the population they already accounted for 50% of the rapes.
    And did releasing this data to the public help? Or did it in fact give rise to parties and ideas like those of the Swedish Democrats? Did integration improve or worsen?

Don't be a naive kid. How do you propose we solve problems if we don't know the background, genius?

Sweden has some of the worst integration in the west and you think hiding information that should be available to everyone in a democracy helps?

Because of devils like you we shouldn't do anything to solve the issue of Somalian crime rates, even though we know 1/4 Somalians have been suspects of crimes that give prison time. Solving this is apparently racism to you, and you don't even realize that just letting it be increases difficulties in integration.
    All the more reason to "hide" that information. Releasing that information has arguably made integration worse not better.

And here we go, you start putting words into my mouth. I'm very much for solving these issues, but I suspect the difference between you and me is that I look to the bigger picture, I recognize the sociology-physcological aspects and I generally seek to solve the problem in a different way. I at least respect that you think that your solutions will fix the issue, but do you even acknowledge that there may be other ways of solving the issue? Surely the world isn't so black and white that I'm either with you or against you?

"Devils like you", "naive kid" and "you are so easily controlled" (broods post). These statements seem ironic.

Criminology is also a social science. Do you actually know anything or are you comfortable in your ignorance?

The issue is you start holding your ears when a researcher presents evidence you don't like. While at the same time licking the feet of Sarnecki when he hasn't presented any evidence of anything in many years.
    Yes, I also mentioned something else about social sciences... but here's another one; social sciences are a work in progress, it's one of the most difficult fields in science, all due to how utterly complex and difficult it is to measure our brains and our behavior - it is a field where interference by researcher's bias is very common and difficult to avoid. This is generally why I urge caution, and seek other solutions that I believe will be more effective, when dealing with issues like these.

The Sarnecki comment was in response to the post about the supposed renown of Karl-Eirik Kval. I was not "kissing his feet". Luckily, the majority of scientists in social sciences would tend to share the same concerns as I regardless. But then again, it's all a conspiracy isn't it.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2016-11-07 at 12:28 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Breitbart is hardly a recognised valid source on here.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Breitbart is hardly a recognised valid source on here.
    thats because only leftist media are recognised as valid sources here

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Europeans and their online crusade against immigrants...
    Not immigrants, just immigrants from your region of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    thats because only leftist media are recognised as valid sources here
    No, it's because Breitbart is a sensationalist propaganda page that does not even pretend to adhere to journalistic standards. As low as they are these days. Or to give you some perspective: If you're on the far right extreme of the spectrum, everything in the center looks leftist to you.

So, you may want to rethink your position, because you're unable to distinguish between moderate centrist media and actual leftist media, which is criticised on here about as much as right-wing media like Breitbart is. With the exception that we actually have very few actual leftist media posted here. Unless you count the Putinistas and their favourite TV station Russia Today. And boy, if you think this is harsh, look at how they're treated on here. Pariah is the word I'd use. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Release numbers then. What are they afraid of?

Truth does not fear investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not immigrants, just immigrants from your region of the world.
    This is supposed to taunt me?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-11-07 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Release numbers then. What are they afraid of?

Truth does not fear investigation
    Haven't you heard ? Facts are racist/sexist when they don't fit a certain narrative. And if you keep calling them a conspiracy theory idiots on the internet will believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is supposed to taunt me?
    Nope, make of it what you will. But please, if you like, go ahead and be defensive and shit... because it's serious business (tm) on here.

That was sarcasm, btw.