Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post

5. The customer is ALWAYS right.

So fking true .

Deleted
    Look at all these autistic people arguing in this thread.
    So you joined to feel at home?

Whether you like it or not;
    1. Private servers exist
    Yes, they do.

2. People like to play older content
    Yes, people like that do exist.

3. Blizzard cant police the entire globe
    No, they can't.

4. There is clause for private servers legitimacy
    Where?

Hahahahaha... No, the customer is (almost) always an asshole demanding to much for almost nothing.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    So fking true .
    Look here's one of those. Knows nothing, but wants everything.
    Last edited by mmoc6f948012c9; 2016-11-07 at 03:45 PM.

Look at all these autistic people arguing in this thread over pointless shit.

Whether you like it or not;
    1. Private servers exist
    2. People like to play older content
    3. Blizzard cant police the entire globe

The sooner blizzdrones stop trying to whiteknight blizzard, then maybe a reasonable discussion can be had.

(blizzard are a corporation, they literally cannot give you sex)
    Could you re-write #4 for us playing along at home? What clause are you referring to? Or did you mean "cause?" I'm confused. Also regarding number 5, when the customer is building a completely uninformed business case for something using forum hearsay and napkin math, I don't think there's much chance of them being right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what the big deal is for fux sake. There are like 10 private servers with good population right now you can play on. There is even a sub reddit for private wow servers that is booming.

Why sit around upset about Nost, when you have plenty of options on other private servers?

I'm glad that Nost is coming back but I don't think I'll join, despite what I may have said. I would just rather play on legacy servers run by Blizzard. There's no point in triggering the full-blown WoW addiction unless the conditions are perfect. Very few friends will play on private servers, the community will be like a band of angry pirates, constant risk of shutdown or losing character, etc. Many, many people lost their BiS T2 characters due to "account sharing," which was actually from other people hacking their accounts; there is no policy which gives benefit of the doubt to the account owner.

Blizzard just needs time, I guess.

For me it's all or nothing. If legacy comes out I take a week off of work and power level like a mad man. Might as well put on a bonnet and diaper and go into adult baby mode. Full immersion, regression, escapism. Not going to do that for a private server. There are plenty of masterpiece games out there in the mean time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrwwy View Post
    So you joined to feel at home?

Yes, they do.

Yes, people like that do exist.

No, they can't.

Where?

Hahahahaha... No, the customer is (almost) always an asshole demanding to much for almost nothing.

Edit:

Look here's one of those. Knows nothing, but wants everything.
    i bet you know a lot ...

Deleted
    i bet you know a lot ...
    A thing or two. I guess it's enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will close it one day after start LUL. If you are legal ppl dont play on pirate games/servers.

So fking true .
    THis is the worst statement to come out of the 50's ever. It has been proven that the customer is rarely right and will usually accept what you give them. If they do not like it they will find someone who will.

The discussion is heading towards less constructive bickering again, please keep your posts on topic.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

We need a Legacy RP-PVE server, like Argent Dawn EU on retail.
    I've never gotten into Legacy private servers because there is no Pre-Wotlk RP server out there to my knowledge.

An article regarding recent events on Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcrafts...urn-1788638428

What jumped at me is this: "One thing’s for sure, though: At BlizzCon, Nostalrius’ absence was felt." ...with screens of a wall with the words "Nostalrius" on them.

Also, I note that the message about the transfer of code in the Nost post is this: "The source code will be first given to an existing Legacy project which we believe to be the most in line with our core values, ....". Again - "first given". As in, if this particular server does not work, or even if it does work, they will give it to others. Perhaps just share it after some time for free use. That's kind of important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I've never gotten into Legacy private servers because there is no Pre-Wotlk RP server out there to my knowledge.
    I think that would be cool. There was a lot of elitism, hostility, racism on Nost PVP. There were multiple "Xaio Hunting" threads: people targeted and ganked Chinese players and uploaded screen shots. This sort of shit really damaged the experience. RP would probably eliminate most of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Blizzard will close it one day after start LUL. If you are legal ppl dont play on pirate games/servers.
    You mean like they closed this very Private realm before in the last 8 or so years? Sure that will happen lol

No. There isn't. There really isn't.

Nope. This is nowhere near as close as being true. A company that follows that motto would break and suffer a quick but agonizing death.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont know what the big deal is for fux sake. There are like 10 private servers with good population right now you can play on. There is even a sub reddit for private wow servers that is booming.

Why sit around upset about Nost, when you have plenty of options on other private servers?
    because they know that blizzard can shut any of them any moment and then all the months they will put in will go down the drain just like on nost.

OK, some more info, because I don't know why but nobody is posting it.

1. The new servers are in Ukraine. (That's actually a bit of a shaky ground compared to Russia - but absolutely not easy to reach. The ping, as reported, is fine, at least from the EU - around 50.)

2. The login servers for the new servers are in France. (That's where OVH come in - they are perhaps hard to attack as they are, but even if they budge, login servers will just move somewhere else, the real meat is in Ukraine.)

3. The owners of the new servers say that right now they already have 16 people from the former Nost team in all positions - might get more.

4. The same owners say there will be an AMA on Reddit in a week - Nov-13.

If I manage to find anything else juicy, I will post.

PS: Mods, I won't post any names, but if you think there should be no info posted on the new server - it's not Nost, after all - please just drop me a note and erase the text of this post. I don't want to break any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I know there was a couple of guilds on both horde and alliance that did role play stuff. I think the new opened server will have plenty of people doing all kinds of activities.

I was a member of a world pvp/role playing guild called The Red Dawn on the Horde PvP server.

The most fun I had was when 20 of us decided to create a lvl 1 troll and the guild ported us to cold ridge valley to roleplay the Frostmane trolls there. It's meaningless but it was a lot of fun with the level 1 pvp. On one occasion a lvl 10 dwarf attacked us, I still remember his name because it sounds like a raid boss "Ironbeard" we also managed to down him .

The customer is always right, except where MMOs are concerned.

The relationship of the customers to the MMO company is absurdly intimate. They love and need the company, the state of the game actually affects their lives, undesirable decisions created hatred (on the surface) for the company: it creates some wildly afflictive emotions. Not to mention that the customers never agree with one another, which is why many of them here are fine with Legion and others hate it and want vanilla.

Even back in vanilla, even before it even launched, I watched the transition of Blizzard trying to satisfy the fans to Blizzard taking on the role of a parent. People were so hungry for a WoW release date after the beta and stress tests ended. GMs treated you like a child because they deal with video game addicts all day long. Now it's different and GMs are customer-centric, but same customer relationship. Brings back good memories.

I have to wonder, how hard would it be for Blizzard to re-release Vanilla and maybe add in the quality of life changes that made Vanilla not that great?

- More spirit healers
    - Modern day quest log so we don't need to install addons
    - More XP from questing ( In vanilla a zone advertised as 10-15 only got you 3 levels or so, then you had to switch to another zone and maybe come back later )
    - Warlords of Draenor models/animations/sounds

Looking at modcraft you see a lot of amateurs importing stuff like WoD models into cores that are as old as 3.3.5 ( I don't think I saw new models for Vanilla/TBC then again I haven't checked recently ).