Thread: Il'gynoth as BM

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yea don't derail the thread, I really couldn't give two shits about MM. Question has already been satisfactorily answered anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    Yea don't derail the thread, I really couldn't give two shits about MM. Question has already been satisfactorily answered anyways.
    Go with Bestial Fury and gg man, as i said, there are only 2 set of tentacles you will take some time to reach with your pets, appart of that, you should be in the middle managing ichors and other tentacles, they all spawn near the eye appart of those 2 i mentioned.
    Last edited by zaphre; 2016-11-07 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    Why does it matter if its better?
    Most mythic groups expect every player to bring their best, since it is generally considered the most difficult content, and you want to maximize your contribution to your team killing the boss.

Ilgynoth is like... MM's ideal fight. Logs should be evidence enough of that, not because of where it is relative to BM (representation issue partly) but because of where it is relative to other classes, which isn't the case across all the bosses.

But if your group doesn't care, it isn't really a big deal. Despite MM being better it's pretty unlikely that you solely will be the reason the boss isn't dying, if everyone is pulling their weight.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Most mythic groups expect every player to bring their best, since it is generally considered the most difficult content, and you want to maximize your contribution to your team killing the boss.

Ilgynoth is like... MM's ideal fight. Logs should be evidence enough of that, not because of where it is relative to BM (representation issue partly) but because of where it is relative to other classes, which isn't the case across all the bosses.

But if your group doesn't care, it isn't really a big deal. Despite MM being better it's pretty unlikely that you solely will be the reason the boss isn't dying, if everyone is pulling their weight.

I am aware of what mythic groups require, i was in such a guild for a long time.

However the math itself doesnt work out. The difference in bringing a BM hunter and MM hunter is lets be overly generous and call it 50k dps. Especually if we look at the logs because we both know theres a good amount of padding on the slimes..

If your group is going to fail a boss because 1 person is doing 50k dps less damage, then you had other problems to begin with. Its extremely unlikely you fail a boss simply because the dps wasnt high enough. There are exceptions on what used to be refered to as gear checks fights. But this isnt really one of those fights.

Obviously you know this, youve said as much. So why comment the way you did? You know its not important, and the OP specifically asked about BM, so why bother?

MM is just so helpful for the 2nd heart phase and killing all the spread out tentacles in the fight in general. Not playing it just feels like you're handicapping yourself by a huge amount.

I am aware of what mythic groups require, i was in such a guild for a long time.

However the math itself doesnt work out. The difference in bringing a BM hunter and MM hunter is lets be overly generous and call it 50k dps. Especually if we look at the logs because we both know theres a good amount of padding on the slimes..

If your group is going to fail a boss because 1 person is doing 50k dps less damage, then you had other problems to begin with. Its extremely unlikely you fail a boss simply because the dps wasnt high enough. There are exceptions on what used to be refered to as gear checks fights. But this isnt really one of those fights.

Obviously you know this, youve said as much. So why comment the way you did? You know its not important, and the OP specifically asked about BM, so why bother?
    Because I am pretty much in the camp of "you really shouldn't be BM on this fight", I'm just trying to be polite, which is a rare thing on these forums. Neither spec is difficult to play, and marks just has very clear advantages here. Also, it isn't always as simple as "50k less dps" - maybe the reduced damage made a corrupter tentacle last longer, get another debuff out (or insert mechanic X on fight Y here), and it butterflied out into another death. And for the average mythic group, it is unlikely that every player is playing at a very high level, so each individual player pushing it higher is important, because in a lot of ways you have to compensate for others. What if every player in the group had that attitude? "What's another 50k dps"?

Anyway, it's clear we're probably not going to come to an agreement here. I'm just trying to argue the other side without being hostile about it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Don't worry everyone, Azortharion is just butthurt from not being a top hunter anymore. Get off your high horse already, HFC is long gone. Getting kicked from Danish Terrace for failing basic raid mechanics due to dps whoring says it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Go marks on il'gynoth. I raid mainly as Bm, but I invest ap in my os wep precisly for fights like this one (30/28).
    Just no question. And its not padding, mm is great for killing the blobs 1 by 1 while in a controlled fashion bringing the others low.
    And for eye stalks in the second inside phase mm is beyond amazing.
    + cleaving and swapping to other prio targets during the entire encounter is a breeze with mm.

Hey if he can get 4/7M as BM and is doing attempts on Eye than he's doing better than... PROBABLY... most of the Azor groupies/MM trolls so give him a break... he's not asking an opinion on what spec to play but simply what's better for the spec he IS playing. I'm glad to see how immature and ignorant most of the hunter community has become.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    How can I best sabotage my raid's attempts at Mythic Il'gynoth?
    Dont wory 7.1.5 coming and with him the changes i hope that you have 27 points in your BM artefact coz i have no trust on blizzard
    Beside that the reason why i do not want to pick up MM is simple
    The spec is like every other caster now and if i want to play caster dude simply will play mage/warlock or shadow priest who are much more beter.Same is with SVV on paper looks good but tipical melees outpreform SVV easy (atleast in this stupid raid) so the only true hunter feeling who left is BM.Yes its simple and boring but its mobile and that is why i play hunter
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-11-07 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    Really constructive and usefull...
    Might as well kill your self right now, because if you don't MM will (Because I think it's the most boring spec in the game right now).
    You find MM boring, yet you somehow find BM exciting...? What the actual fuck

Actually, the difference between the top MM and top BM is 164k dps. A lot more than 50k.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. What if EVERY SINGLE DPS decides to play a suboptimal spec and therefore deals around 50-100k less DPS? Yeah that's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. What if EVERY SINGLE DPS decides to play a suboptimal spec and therefore deals around 50-100k less DPS? Yeah that's a difference.
    Nah man, he's a special snowflake. He can play whatever shitty spec he wants, despite 150k dps difference. But others in his guild can't, cause if they all did they'd need like 10ilvls over the average to kill bosses.

Your argument is stupid. Some people play what they want to play, some people care about optimal/suboptimal/FOTM shit. If you said every single dps chose to play suboptimal shit, then that would mean that both conditions: 1) they play what they want to play (since the 2nd bucket is not being looked at here) and 2) that choice happens to be suboptimal, need to be true.

That wouldn't happen for a few reasons, which are self explanatory given the situation above, and therefore your shit makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Nah man, he's a special snowflake. He can play whatever shitty spec he wants, despite 150k dps difference. But others in his guild can't, cause if they all did they'd need like 10ilvls over the average to kill bosses.
    Relax, it's mythic, aka the old heroic, not some new mindshattering difficulty. I'd rather play with this guy's BM hunter than the RL's GF MM who did 500K dps below the rest of the hunters or other special kids I had to justify raiding with. Don't even act like all of you parse the highest MM either. Thanks!

Then you perform the mechanics correctly. Again tell me how many fights are straight DPS races?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Your argument is stupid. Some people play what they want to play, some people care about optimal/suboptimal/FOTM shit. If you said every single dps chose to play suboptimal shit, then that would mean that both conditions: 1) they play what they want to play (since the 2nd bucket is not being looked at here) and 2) that choice happens to be suboptimal, need to be true.

That wouldn't happen for a few reasons, which are self explanatory given the situation above, and therefore your shit makes no sense.
    Are you high? It makes perfect sense. He said that if your raid group is gonna fail because of ONE dps switching to a shit spec, then you have other issues, and hence it's OK to play a shit spec. My point is that, what if everyone has this mentatlity? Then it isn't just ONE dps doing shit dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you perform the mechanics correctly. Again tell me how many fights are straight DPS races?
    Almost every single fight becomes SIGNIFICATLY easier with good and proper DPS. Do you raid normal mode only?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Relax, it's mythic, aka the old heroic, not some new mindshattering difficulty. I'd rather play with this guy's BM hunter than the RL's GF MM who did 500K dps below the rest of the hunters or other special kids I had to justify raiding with. Don't even act like all of you parse the highest MM either. Thanks!
    Your posts are so mindboggling stupid it's unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Relax, it's mythic, aka the old heroic, not some new mindshattering difficulty.
    Thanks captain obvious, I wasn't aware what difficulty this was.

Guilds who are interested in progression, which most who have made it to mythic illy are, usually expect players to play the optimum spec, especially when the better spec does nearly double the damage of the bad one.

It's fine for those who choose to play the worse spec, but as this is a public forum, people have the right to respond and disagree with their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuq View Post
    Hey any BM hunters with experience on mythic Il'gynoth? I'm wondering if blink strikes is preferable to Bestial Fury here since you need to go after the corruptors that are on the other side of the room a few times.
    as BM stick to your ST build if your raid has enough to handle the stalks, focus the hulking guy and save your CD dump for when the eye drops. once inside blow all your CD and just help your raid do as much damage to the heart as you can. Blink strikes just is not worth taking unless your raid is short on DPS to kill stalks.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Don't bother with "blink strikes". Il'gynoth is quite simple as BM, you just do the ichor chain with endless crow resets most of the time and you do not switch to the far right and far left corruption spawns. Switched from my fire mage to BM on Il'gynoth because we had too much cleave and debuffs stacked sometimes, BM is perfect for that duty. Also inside the heart you do some nice burst damage.
    Last edited by Aet3ra; 2016-11-07 at 06:30 PM.