Thread: Sombra

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think people are under the impression that Hack is A> unlimited range and B> instant. Its max range is about 10 meters; you've gotta be CLOSE. And it takes about a second to establish, without taking any damage at all.

Sure, Sombra sneaking around and getting a key Hack on the lynchpin hero will be a "thing", but it'll be a HARD thing to do successfully. Fuck up even a little and you'll be hamburger.
    Yeah, I said on the last page, while her skills are nice; you're going to lose a lot in replacing Reaper (damage), or Mei (damage and utility), or McCree (range/damage) in what are, in Overwatch, compact and fast paced fights. Her toolkit requires timing, setup, and space - the exact things we don't have, which are keeping Snipers and other defence heroes out of the game. If you want a fast, disruptive roamer then Tracer is better in every way. I'm honestly more concerned that she'll be considered trash tier than any risk of her being overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, I said on the last page, while her skills are nice; you're going to lose a lot in replacing Reaper (damage), or Mei (damage and utility), or McCree (range/damage) in what are, in Overwatch, compact and fast paced fights. Her toolkit requires timing, setup, and space - the exact things we don't have, which are keeping Snipers and other defence heroes out of the game. If you want a fast, disruptive roamer then Tracer is better in every way. I'm honestly more concerned that she'll be considered trash tier than any risk of her being overpowered.
    Eh, I don't think it'll be THAT bad. She's going to rock the meta, is how I see it. Right now, Reinhardt/Zarya are top-tier tanks, and they're who Sombra hits hardest with her ult. You may not want Sombra in EVERY combo, but if you've got an Anubis blockade on the Point A choke, a proper Sombra ult would be more effective at ripping through it than anyone else's in the game. Knocks down the Reinhardt shield, disables EVERYONE, and they'd all be stacked in that area. Plus, she has the mobility to get around that focus fire.

Tracer deals more solo damage. Sombra's big strength is going to be in breaking chokes and winning attrition fights (by securing health kits for just your team).

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck getting near D.Va with that fusion cannon spray. She can't hack if she's taking damage.
    It's more about her ultimate shutting down D.Va just as heavily as Zarya / Reinhart.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't think it'll be THAT bad. She's going to rock the meta, is how I see it. Right now, Reinhardt/Zarya are top-tier tanks, and they're who Sombra hits hardest with her ult. You may not want Sombra in EVERY combo, but if you've got an Anubis blockade on the Point A choke, a proper Sombra ult would be more effective at ripping through it than anyone else's in the game. Knocks down the Reinhardt shield, disables EVERYONE, and they'd all be stacked in that area. Plus, she has the mobility to get around that focus fire.

Tracer deals more solo damage. Sombra's big strength is going to be in breaking chokes and winning attrition fights (by securing health kits for just your team).
    If there's a Sombra, you replace your Zarya with D.Va. Also, if she's off 'securing health packs', your team is a DPS short, and she's not doing stuff to charge her ult. Mei can disable Reinhardt's shield just as well as Sombra, and stop all incoming damage in the process - without the DPS loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It's more about her ultimate shutting down D.Va just as heavily as Zarya / Reinhart.
    But Mei does that anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? D.va has 200 health and 400 armor, none of which is affected by Sombra's ult. Her cannons remain active. She can't boost or defense matrix, sure.

Zarya drops from 400 health/shields to 200 health on impact, and can't bubble for further defense, so she's three times as flimsy as D.va post-ult AND doesn't have the benefit of armor for any of it.

Reinhardt's health doesn't get hit, but all he can do post-ult is swing his hammer; if you're not in melee range he's harmless.

I suspect that her biggest impact will be her ability to counter (to an extent) Reinhardt and Lucio. Since those are mainstays of competitive play that might actually shake the meta up a bit. Also she's vulnerable to Winston which might make him a bit more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Perhaps, but we don't know how long exactly he's been Soldier-ing. Could be for several years. There is also the note of the Lumerico power plants not being in the Hero cinematic. I feel that's a deliberate decision to show it was in the past.
    Sombra is explicitly established as 30 years old at present, so if she's Alejandra that would put the events of Hero 15-20 years in the past.

I don't know where these timelines get their dates but they seem to put the date of the shorts at more like 3-5 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...atch_timeline/

I think it's speculative at the moment as Blizzard hasn't given firm dates (that I know of), other than Overwatch being about "60 years in the future" and the Omnic Crisis happened about "30 years ago".
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-11-07 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    What? D.va has 200 health and 400 armor, none of which is affected by Sombra's ult. Her cannons remain active. She can't boost or defense matrix, sure.

Zarya drops from 400 health/shields to 200 health on impact, and can't bubble for further defense, so she's three times as flimsy as D.va post-ult AND doesn't have the benefit of armor for any of it.

Reinhardt's health doesn't get hit, but all he can do post-ult is swing his hammer; if you're not in melee range he's harmless.
    Neither Zarya nor Reinhardt have a planet sized critical hit box on their face though. Without her Defence Matrix, D.Va can be focused down very fast, even with her superior armour.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither Zarya nor Reinhardt have a planet sized critical hit box on their face though. Without her Defence Matrix, D.Va can be focused down very fast, even with her superior armour.
    If they're both at full health, Zarya is going to drop WAY faster than D.va after a Sombra ult, even if every single shot on D.va is a headshot, and Zarya isn't.

200 health each, but D.va's got 400 armor, which is more than triple the durability, and headshots only double the damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they're both at full health, Zarya is going to drop WAY faster than D.va after a Sombra ult, even if every single shot on D.va is a headshot, and Zarya isn't.

200 health each, but D.va's got 400 armor, which is more than triple the durability, and headshots only double the damage.
    And assuming actual human opponents who can't perfectly land headshots on Zarya's tiny critbox every time? D.Va's critbox is like 1/4 of her exposed surface area.

I admit Zarya is at a huge handicap without her shields, but it's not as far removed when you consider real-world gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    And assuming actual human opponents who can't perfectly land headshots on Zarya's tiny critbox every time? D.Va's critbox is like 1/4 of her exposed surface area.

I admit Zarya is at a huge handicap without her shields, but it's not as far removed when you consider real-world gameplay.
    There's a pretty solid chance the moment D.Va hears the EMP about to happen, she'll rocket boost out. Same as she deals with most other ults like that. Could help in just shifting her DM though to expose other team members where she'd usually sit it out and soak. Does the EMP have a projectile?

10+ Year Old Account

You're not paying attention.

If every single shot on D.va is a headshot, and none of the shots on Zarya are, then assuming they were both at full health when Sombra Ulted, Zarya dies first. By a pretty fair margin, especially if the shooting involves rapid-fire heroes like Tracer.

Granting the worst case scenario for D.va, she still survives EMP much better than Zarya does.

the same could be said for winston. I think Sombra's real strength is going to be locking down flankers. McCree and Roadhog have been (at least mine) the go tos when facing cancer teams. A tracer who can't jump, a reaper who can't invulnerable, a genji who can't deflect/dash will be a lot easier targets. This might be a good setup to bringing defense heroes back into the meta. Furthermore with her beacon she play on two fronts.

As she also makes a good solo scout. I haven't played her so I don't know her damage capabilities with her gun, but i think she would work well as an ambusher on low health enemies. She could easily be "living ward teemo" giving the team info on enemy location. Lock down health pack on where fleeing enemies go and taking them out while they are low. Then porting back before the enemy team can respond. If anything she will make some disruptions. A good team will know when she's ported and to refocus on the front line.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I see the meme artists have decided Sombra and D.Va are to be BFFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sombra is explicitly established as 30 years old at present, so if she's Alejandra that would put the events of Hero 15-20 years in the past.

I don't know where these timelines get their dates but they seem to put the date of the shorts at more like 3-5 years ago.

I think it's speculative at the moment as Blizzard hasn't given firm dates (that I know of), other than Overwatch being about "60 years in the future" and the Omnic Crisis happened about "30 years ago".
    Sombra is 100% not Alejandra, just to add on to this.

Remember, Sombra is an orphan of the Omnic War. If Alejandra having a mother isn't enough of a giveaway, the fact that Jack is "Soldier 76" at the point of hero is a dead giveaway. He only adopted that persona after Overwatch collapsed. Which was after the Omnic War in which Overwatch was considered the heroes of.

sombra is up on ptr
    Last edited by t1saif; 2016-11-07 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    sombra is up on ptr

Errr maybe later.

7+ Year Old Account
    she's so god damn fun to play!

Formerly known as Arafal

Errr maybe later.
    I got the same number, didn't take long at all. Waited less than five minutes and that was down to 0.

Goodbai meta

Deleted
    yesss got 2k players ahead of me but idc i want to play this hacker

- - - Updated - - -

Friend of mine has 10 000 players ahead of him
    holy shit