Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who'll lead civilization?

Every great country eventually falls, exhausts itself. English speaking powers have (and it's been a while) shown clear signs of exhaustion and degeneration. Their dementia is an inevitable process: we've seen it happen countless times before in history.

The real question bow is: who'll lead civilization now? There is no clear candidate, not even in the far horizon.

China is a country of quantity, of masses; they lack quality and genius that marks leading countries. They'll be influential, but they don't seem fit to be spiritual leaders.
    Russia is a country of thugs, it's in their DNA. They'll always cultivate some Ivan the Terrible to opress/lead them, their medieval mindset is deep ingrained.
    Let's look at Europe? It's exhausted, there is no significant cultural movement being born, no new spiritual direction. Their countries are struggling with simple questions such as the old "strangers at the gate" and how to deal with their angry women.
    France was never fit to lead. Too emotional and vain.
    Germany is a great country, but for some reason always susceptible to go full retard all of a sudden. It's not just nazism, look further in the past and pale before the stupidity of their repeated civil wars.
    India is a mess. Brazil is a joke.

Who else is there?
    Who shall lead civilization? Are we doomed to a long period of stagnation and exhaustion after the turmoil and miracle that was 20th century?!?!

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-09 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    The Pope!

#makeVaticangreatagain

15+ Year Old Account
    One possibility is that technology bridges the gaps in the world and we come together as a people of one planet more and more.

And then there are rainbows and everyone lives happily ever after, I know.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being so dramatic for fucks sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I have to pick non-English speakers? ...I vote for Trump again. He knows Russian I think.

Donald Fucking Trump from his White House

Deleted
    People everywhere have forgotten the ideals of democracy and human values that came from the wars in the 20th century. What we have now is only fear and hate, Trump in the US, Erdogan in Turkey, Putin in Russia, Duterte in the Philippenes. Through all of Europe more and more leaders are popping up that thrive on the fear of the unknown and the hate of everyone who are not "us". Facts are no more, feelings rule the mindset of the majority, if you feel that someone is a criminal or a terrorist then it's your truth and that's all that matters. Humanity never learn, we're heading towards dark times, war, closed borders and so much hate. We'll see another era like the early to mid 20th century soon enough. If we can recuperate from that maybe once more ideals of peace and tolerance can shape the world, but we'll see. Democracy as we know it is, for now, dead.

My god, the madposts like these are making my day. The world isnt fucking ending, we arnt going to world war 3. There wont be a civil war. Jesus you fucking people are dense. Trump isnt going to come knock down your fucking door and kill you....

Donald J Trump, President elect of the United States of America. The greatest country in the world.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Donald J Trump, President elect of the United States of America. The greatest country in the world.
    Well.. Eh..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    One possibility is that technology bridges the gaps in the world and we come together as a people of one planet more and more.

And then there are rainbows and everyone lives happily ever after, I know.
    That's what I want to believe as well

The reality is - there is a high possibility that pretty much nothing huge politically will happen. Nothing. Donald Trump has adversaries wherever he looks, even in his own camp. His campaign pretty much destroyed GOP from the inside. A wall between US and Mexico is a symbol of many stupid ideas that will never happen in reality, because no-one sane will agree on it. Apart from Presidential elections, there were Senate and House ones - lots of good decisions there. All is not lost, stop panicking and doomsaying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Life finds a way. A bit cliche but I really think the world has matured enough to know whats the result of anything other than using some common sense.
    I thought so to, was misproven today. A majority of the biggest "civilized" country in the world abandoned all reason and common sense to vote with their feelings of hate and fear alone.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    "Hi, I'm the United States of America. Welcome to Jackass"
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    That's what I want to believe as well

The reality is - there is a high possibility that pretty much nothing huge politically will happen. Nothing. Donald Trump has adversaries wherever he looks, even in his own camp. His campaign pretty much destroyed GOP from the inside. A wall between US and Mexico is a symbol of many stupid ideas that will never happen in reality, because no-one sane will agree on it. Apart from Presidential elections, there were Senate and House ones - lots of good decisions there. All is not lost, stop panicking and doomsaying
    Nothing points towards the world coming together, only the opposite.

France was the leading European power up until WW1. Remember it took basically all of Europe to stop Napoleon. I'm not really sure where you're getting that they were weak.

I will. 857 Survival hunter with Sephuz at your service.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Germany is a great country, but for some reason always susceptible to go full retard all of a sudden. It's not just nazism, look further in the past and pale before the stupidity of their repeated civil wars.
    I am confused about what you exactly mean by saying "repeated civil wars". Civil wars isn't unique to Germany and in fact could be applied to all countries before the 20th century actually. Just look at France and look at the ordeal they had to go through after their Revolution. Germany before its foundation in 1871 was always a region in which great wars had been fought owing it to its location however specifically some wars like the 30-years war wasn't a mere civil war, it's been the first major European conflict if you want and taught Europe the first lesson in realpolitik after they got down to sign the Peace of Westphalia: Religion is a worthless cause to fight over.

As for who should lead civilization. Human civilization should lead...civilization. We are far away from that but I suspect a few billion deaths more and we might get it into our Simian skulls that this might be the only way to not lock ourselves to one planet permanently.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post

The real question bow is: who'll lead civilization now? There is no clear candidate, not even in the far horizon.

!
    D. J. Trump
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

What isn't it about Americans seeing Europe as one country, but then still separate France and Germany and the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    People everywhere have forgotten the ideals of democracy and human values that came from the wars in the 20th century. What we have now is only fear and hate, Trump in the US, Erdogan in Turkey, Putin in Russia, Duterte in the Philippenes. Through all of Europe more and more leaders are popping up that thrive on the fear of the unknown and the hate of everyone who are not "us". Facts are no more, feelings rule the mindset of the majority, if you feel that someone is a criminal or a terrorist then it's your truth and that's all that matters. Humanity never learn, we're heading towards dark times, war, closed borders and so much hate. We'll see another era like the early to mid 20th century soon enough. If we can recuperate from that maybe once more ideals of peace and tolerance can shape the world, but we'll see. Democracy as we know it is, for now, dead.
    Sorry, but early 20th century was a whole other deal. There were powerful imperial countries marching for unavoidable war, there was belle époque about to get crushed by said wars, there were strong and crazy ideologies fighting tooth and nail for people's mind.

We're not marching for massive war, but for stagnation. Now what we have on the outside is the growth of fear and hate, but truly what we have now is exhaustion, boredom. The world needs a gulf of fresh air. We're stuck in a temporary mindset model unable to deal with reality in its entirety, that is the root of problems here. The world is in dire need of vision, inspiration.